Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 13th, 2014, 06:35 PM

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I like Rage of Destruction, personally - sounds more poetic, to my ears. I feel as though that's how it would be described if someone were writing a saga about this guy.

My Classic Customs
- Fiends of Folklore
=====================
Old May 13th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I found that too, but if you look at D&D it has plenty of "nouns of destruction" and "nouns of other things." A quick search turned up Gauntlets of Destruction and a Devil's Ray of Destruction (although I believe the latter is unofficial).

Suffice to say that that wording is commonplace in D&D and not necessarily out of place on a Warforged Barbarian.
Not the same. "Destruction" in that context is a description of a magical aura the Gauntlets (or the unofficial Ray) have. A "rage" is not a magical thing, like the gauntlets. It is a loss of control and temper, expressed in a violent outburst. "Rage" and "destruction" used this way are two ordinary words, describing ordinary things,* that do not go neatly together the way it's currently written.

I started a thread here for people who want help with editing. Use it or not, it's up to you, gentle reader. I figure that way I am less often going to be in Scytale's hair (hopefully, if people use it).

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 13th, 2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: * As I understand the theme. edit 2: @ Ollie ~ I am like a ninja. :)
Old May 13th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I figure that way I am less often going to be in Scytale's hair, and (hopefully, if people use it) I'll be less often in his.
Would you trust this man with your editing needs?

Last edited by ollie; May 13th, 2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Yes, you would, given that he got the edit in pretty quickly. Editing skill in action, right there.
Old May 13th, 2014, 06:48 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I found that too, but if you look at D&D it has plenty of "nouns of destruction" and "nouns of other things." A quick search turned up Gauntlets of Destruction and a Devil's Ray of Destruction (although I believe the latter is unofficial).

Suffice to say that that wording is commonplace in D&D and not necessarily out of place on a Warforged Barbarian.
"Gauntlets of Destruction" make sense. "Rage of Destruction" makes less sense.

In this case, "It is a D&D power with very similar D&D mechanics" would be persuasive to me, but "It sounds like it could be a D&D power" is definitely not.

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old May 13th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Not the same. "Destruction" in that context is a description of a magical aura the Gauntlets (or the unofficial Ray) have. A "rage" is not a magical thing, like the gauntlets. It is a loss of control and temper, expressed in a violent outburst. "Rage" and "destruction" used this way are two ordinary words, describing ordinary things,* that do not go neatly together the way it's currently written.
You're using "rage" in the normal sense, not the way it's become in the D&D sense. In D&D it's become, more or less, "a magical thing," something like a "spell of destruction." It's a power, an ability, not a violent outburst.

I'll reassert that I prefer Destructive Rage, but I'm not bothered by Rage of Destruction. I can understand if it bothers other Judges, however.
Old May 14th, 2014, 02:54 AM
Online HS Season 4 Champion

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Not a big fan of the obviously-Star-Wars Darktrooper being used for the Isadoran Guard, but that ship has already sailed. I'll go ahead and give it an

I wonder when the Phase II will show up...

I'm leery of Rampage, but I like anything that shares a name with a giant robot serial killer. 'Rage of Destruction' fits with the DnD concept of a rage, so it doesn't bother me (though it wouldn't bother me if it was 'Destructive Rage' either). to the King Crab as well.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 14th, 2014, 02:57 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

King Crab?

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old May 14th, 2014, 03:05 AM
Online HS Season 4 Champion

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
King Crab?
to Rampage if that wasn't clear.

I could also have gone with ;up; to the Mechanical Tiger, tiny Mechanical Tiger, Mechanical Tiger made of fake legos, Bulldozer, or gull-winged sports car (but only if we were Japanese).

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 14th, 2014, 04:19 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Rage of Destruction was a suggestion given to me in the Pre-SOV thread. I like Destructive Rage better. And I just saw your thread on editing Dad-Scaper and fully intend to make some use of it! Good idea thanks!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Rampage...
in THE WAR FORGE
Old May 14th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Rage of Destruction was a suggestion given to me in the Pre-SOV thread. I like Destructive Rage better.
Does this mean you're going to change it to Destructive Rage? I don't think that will change any current votes.
Old May 14th, 2014, 09:43 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yes that was my intent.

New card

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Rampage...
in THE WAR FORGE

Last edited by William099; May 16th, 2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old May 16th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death!

I would like to nominate my custom Ashi-Dhulu for your consideration, SoV.

He is the Purple Worm from the Reaper Legendary Encounters line.
  • Balance-With the playtesting I have done, his points are spot-on. Depending on the matchup, his in-game value can range from 100 to 120 points. (Whether he's facing more heroes or squads.)
  • Playability- The powers read clearly and are in order of activation. Before moving, you can choose to Devour. You chose a small or medium common figure where you can end Stealth Underground Movement, destroy that figure, and place Ashi-Dhulu on the space the figured occupied. Stealth Underground Movement is a Disengage version of Earth Elemental's Special Power.
  • Creativity- A Purple Sandworm that jumps around the board auto-destroying small or medium figures once a turn? He plays very uniquely. He's strongest as a clean-up figure, and stands a decent chance against heroes. If the opponent can muster focused attacks on him, he won't last very long. He can also be baited into unfavorable positions with Devour+Attack placement.
  • Theme-He lives on the same world as Siiv and The Varja. Ashi-Dhulu is a mystical yet real threat on the largest desert on the planet; a desert that may or may not be expanding...
    The Sandworm of Dune, which he is based off of, has several common names, and one of them is Demon of the Desert.
    His name is an anagram of thier Fremen name, Shai-Hulud.
  • Accessibility-The miniature is part of the Reapers Legendary Encounters line, and as such it is reprinted every once in a while. The line itself is going to be reprinted again this summer.

Last edited by MegaSilver; June 8th, 2014 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Updated Card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs