Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 21st, 2014, 10:19 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Cormin the Dark received 8 Yea votes to review (superfrog, Scytale, Son of Arathorn, hivelord, vegietarian18, infectedsloth, Soundwarp SG-1, and capsocrates) and moves forward in the process.

Maklar, I do not see the card in your original submission.
Old April 21st, 2014, 01:16 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Maklar, I do not see the card in your original submission.
Yes, he asked me to update it with the mention "You may not roll for Façade more than once per turn.", so I deleted the last version and here is the new one :
(link to download here)

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old April 21st, 2014, 01:51 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Thanks, DanieLoche.

Maklar, could you edit your submission post with the new card? It would make referencing the submission easier.
Old April 21st, 2014, 04:33 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

OK, I have updated my submission with the updated card.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old April 23rd, 2014, 01:02 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I'm really excited about this guy, I don't know why but I love stab in the back figures! Weird

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old May 4th, 2014, 02:28 PM
A Robot in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Groark by Toogwick_Tuk

Balance

Groark is a hard one to judge here, there's no-one quite like him in the game currently. He's no slouch on the offense, basically being a stronger Feral Troll that can actually be vaguely threatening to squads, but he's also a capable leader figure. Despite his terrible defense, high life and regeneration can keep him in the game long enough to preform both roles well. Overall, I felt 140 was about right; though he's definitely a good deal for the points.

Theme

I have no problems thematically with a Troll leader personally, especially one that leads by being badder than old King Kong like Groark does. Both of Groark’s powers fit this type of 'rule through fear/awesomeness' commander in my opinion. Some may argue against Troll Leadership here, but Warden 816’s bio shows that 'X Leadership' has been used, at least in part, to represent this style of motivation.

The problem for me is both of his leadership powers exist in the same thematic space. They're both variations of 'Groark's so hardcore, other trolls move more efficiently in his presence', only Troll Warcharge also adds an attack aspect. It’s like if Sir Gilbert had 'Jandar Leadership' along with 'Jandar's Dispatch', it feels needlessly redundant. It might have more justification if there were any Troll squads, which he wouldn't otherwise be able to boost in any way, but I find it unlikely that we'll ever see a Troll squad.

I'm not a big fan of Conqueror as his class; it fits him to a degree I suppose, but it never felt quite right to me. I also think 'Conqueror' could be used for something with greater mechanical meaning down the road, on a powerful leader/combat figure like Groark Conqueror pretty much becomes stuck as a pure fluff class. The merciless personalty is spot on though.

Creativity

Of his 3 powers, 2 are basically straight reuses with only Troll Warcharge breaking any new ground. This is another strike against Troll Leadership for me; it’s not an interesting or creative power, which isn't good when it already feels like dead-weight thematically.

Playability

I'll be brief here as I didn't do a great deal of testing. I already had my doubts on Troll Leadership, so I only did a few games to see if it suddenly felt more at home in an actual game. If you want to read an incredibly detailed review on Groark’s playability, I’d recommend checking out
Scytale’s review.

Simply put, none of my games made me feel any better about Troll Leadership being there. It doesn't add anything all that interesting and it rarely plays a meaningful role. It always felt like a tacked on afterthought to me, never a seamless part of the whole.

Summary

Overall, I feel Groark is on the right track but he still needs some refinement. My only real problem was with Troll Leadership's inclusion on the card, but unfortunately that's big enough for me that I feel he's not ready yet.

I vote to induct Groark into the SoV.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 5th, 2014, 11:38 AM

Gruoark by Toogwick_Tuk has received two Nay votes (Scytale and Soundwarp SG-1) and is removed from the process.

Last edited by Scytale; May 5th, 2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old May 7th, 2014, 09:56 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

All right. I'm back. Having worked with the idea of a Warforged Barbarian for quite some time now I bring you Rampage. The latest incarnation that is.

Balance-Are the points correct?
Rampage went through the Pre-SOV and some playtesting with Dysole, originally at 150 and just felt to expensive. It was noted, by both Dysole and Capsocrates that 120 seemed a better fit, so he has been adjusted to that window.

Playability-Are the powers clear and understandable? I would say that yes the powers are clear and understandable, two of the powers have been seen before and the third is simple enough in its execution.

Are its master stats appropriate? Yes I feel the master stats are appropriate. High life is typical of Barbarians, as their main stat is a high constitution in the D&D world. In addition the attack of 4 keeps him powerful enough due to Indomitable but not so strong as to break the bank. His move is the same as the other Warforged.

If it is Large or Huge, what type of base does it use? N/A

Is it visually distinct from pre-existing units? The brown hue really accentuates a different set of the sculpts features than the blue Warforged Soldier of the same mold, when placed with the other figures it is easy to spot.

Creativity-Does it add something new to the game? I feel that it does, it has some similarities to the Frost Giant of Morh, but as a medium figure it will play differently enough as to be distinctive.

Theme-Does it fit in the HS universe? Warforged already have a place in the game at large, and a shark of sorts could be of some use to them.

Accessibility-Is the sculpt, or sculpts, available, at a reasonable price, and with limited modification? To help with this, it is encouraged that a link to the mini is included with the nomination (check out Lamaclown's list of mini sites for help with that). Per our new guidelines, we are no longer considering this at the time of review.

As Rampage's sculpt has been used before it follows the precedent of being akin to a repaint, and people could proxy it with the Warforged Soldier of the same mold. It uses the Warforged captain of which I found 89 just on Abprices.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is the Venoc Warlord...
in THE ORPHANAGE

Last edited by William099; May 16th, 2014 at 04:56 AM. Reason: new card
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun

He looks really cool, but man does he give me the impression of just a Frost Giant clone:

-Same move/range/attack.

-Resolve, 7 life, 2 def vs. 4 defense-6 life is close to a wash for me if not I favor Rampage

-both have indomitable

-Rage of Destruction and Battle Frenzy have thematic similarities. (They both allow additional attacks, albeit with some different triggers)

That leaves Dying Swipe on the frost giant for 20 more points. Although I think Rampage has more staying power and his additional attack activates more often.
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:48 AM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I personally just do not like the themed idea for this Warforged figure. Warforged soldiers are tactical, methodical creatures. Any warforged leader I think would have to embody that. I also feel this leader would have to work with the warforged soldiers in someway.

Just something off the top of my head that I "could" envision of this leader.

Warforged Leadership
Before taking a turn with Warforged Leader, If there are three or more warforged soldiers within 5 spaces of Warforged Leader, you may take a turn with the Warforged soldiers. If you do not take a turn with warforged soldiers you may attack an extra time for each Warforged Soldier within 5 spaces of Warforged leader to a maximum of 2 additional times.

Anyways just a thought...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:04 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Except he's not a leader, he's a barbarian. After the war in Eberron, the warforged went off in every which way and found their own individual identities. This is a completely valid path for this hero to go down.

That said, as I had commented before in the Pre SoV, I'm not necessarily in love with the design. While I understand the reason for 7 life, and I understand that Tandros sets precedent, it still feels a little pushed for me. Even 6 life would set his total beyond Siege, the other highest life total among warforged.

I also don't really like Indomitable, though I have quite the list of reasons why I dislike that power. For one, its name implies a defensive power while it is purely offensive. In addition, it leads to a kind of slower play. You go up and attack and, if the target survives the first swing, you can follow up with a larger one the following turn that is much more likely to finish them off. For a rampaging barbarian, while it may on the surface seem to provide for their high move and attack, it has them act less like a shock-trooper and more like an advancing tank.

Lastly, powers that modify normal attacks like Rage of Destruction strike me as strange. I'd expect to see something like that in Special Attack form, though I suppose there is nothing inherently wrong with branching out. It otherwise seems a thematic power.

I do think he's interesting and I like the overall theme, I just have my personal reservations about some of the particulars. That, of course, is for the judges to ultimately decide.

Last edited by Ixe; May 7th, 2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:16 AM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I understand that he is a barbarian in the current form, I don't like that idea. I would prefer that if there is going to be a hero figure for the warforged, he be a leader type that works with them.

Anyways, just some quick thoughts of mine.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs