Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 26th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Prince Al'kahora by capsocrates has received 4 Yea's to review (Scytale, superfrog, hivelord, and vegietarian18). Along with one abstention (capsocrates), he moves forward in the process.
Old November 26th, 2013, 11:07 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I vote to the War Mastiff. I think the Einar restriction is unnecessary and forced, and I'm not exactly sold on the concept either.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:06 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

War Mastiff by Tai-Pan has received 4 Nay's to review (nyys, capsocrates, superfrog, and hivelord) and is removed from the process.
Old November 30th, 2013, 12:13 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Kheris Fehn by DanieLoche et al.

Following in the vein of the Nhah Scirh Cultists, Kheris Fehn is a ruthless dragon killer that lives on Icaria, trained to find and kill the creatures he shares a world with. However, he is also a good assasin for taking out any of your opponent’s key figures.

Balance

Kheris is a tricky figure to balance. With low defense, average life, and powerful specials, he is hard to compare to other figures. But at 120 points, he should fit power-wise with such powerhouses as Fen Hydra, Krug, Grimnak, and Kaemon Awa. Compared to Sergeant Drake at 110 points, Kheris has the same stats except for 1 less attack, but still enough to do serious damage. They both have the ability to ignore attacks, although Drake’s Thorian speed is arguably more powerful than Nhah Scirh Shield 17. Kheris, however, has a ranged special attack that allows him to move adjacent to the attacked figure (useful for tracking down Krav, etc.), and a powerful Counter Strike -like ability that is extremely dangerous when coupled with Nhah Scirh Shield. On the whole, a small advantage for Kheris. Not bad, at 10 points more expensive.

Theme

Slayer Jump is one of the coolest special attacks ever. So thematic and makes the mechanic display the theme, which is the epitome of design, in my opinion. Slayer is a new class, but it fits just right. Fearless works as a personality, although it does have a slight positive connotation. Nhah Scirh Shield shows his dragon hatred, and Deflection and Nhah Scirh Shield bring out the sculpt’s pose nicely. Altogether, a great job on theme.

Creativity

Slayer Jump is a nice tweak of Pounce to fit a hero, much like Kursus’ Sonic Fists (which was unreleased when Kheris was designed). Deflection is a nice creative way to make the counterattack proportional to the power of the actual attack. I never had a problem with rolling attack dice on defense. I thought Kheris was a very creative design.

Playability

Kheris promises a big punch at 120 points with 5 attack, the ability to deal ignore wounds, and the ability to deal wounds on opponents’ turns. Sometimes he delivers, and usually in a big way. One game, Deflection alone killed 75 points (2 Heavies, 1 wound each on Grimnak and Raelin). In another game, he was able to take out 300+ points of figures against a Greenscales army. Against the same army though, he could turn up subpar results. Some games, he didn’t even kill any figures or deal any wounds.

Kheris’ swinginess comes from two places. First, his low defense makes him particularly vulnerable. Second, he has two dice-based powers which are dependent on each other. A few good Nhah Scirh Shield rolls can not only keep Kheris alive and get him a few more turns/attacks, but it also makes Deflection much more powerful. Not getting those couple rolls really degrades Kheris’ value. In my experience, Kheris almost never killed close to his points. He was either significantly over or significantly under. While some variance is fine, I felt Kheris took this to an extreme.

Summary

Kheris is a fun design that meshes a dragon-killer vibe with an assassin-type killer. Thematically and creatively, he is right on the mark. Balance looks good, but the combination of two dice-based powers leads to results that are much too varied.

I vote NO to induct Kheris Fehn into the Soldiers of Valhalla.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

Last edited by superfrog; November 30th, 2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: I am a good speller.
Old November 30th, 2013, 09:33 AM
This is merely a joke.

Kheris Fehn by DanieLoche et al. has received 2 NO votes (superfrog, capsocrates) and is removed from the process.

I would like to make it clear, as I hope I did in my review, that Kheris was a blast to play and a cool concept that I'd like to see again.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

Old November 30th, 2013, 10:10 AM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks Superfrog.

As a member of the french forum, I would like to say that we were really happy with our first experience at the SoV (at least I was). Also, since I was the first one to propose that we could make customs for here, Kheris has a special place in my heart.

But let's make it clear, it's the rest of the forum who designed Kheris. Merci vous !

We will consider re-submitting and discuss about it. Thanks again.
Old November 30th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Simval, please thank the French forum for sharing Kheris with all of us by posting him here. Not just the sov.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 30th, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old November 30th, 2013, 11:05 AM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

I will. Thanks a lot.
Old November 30th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Online HS Season 4 Champion

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

All right, I guess it's time for my first official act of SoV Judgery.

I vote to the Armoc Warlord. I like the design and I don't have a problem with committing to a box personally.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 30th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post

I vote to the Armoc Warlord. I like the design and I don't have a problem with committing to a box personally.

So, where do we stand now?

Remember, I'm more than willing to buy the boxes and sell the figure individually.
Old November 30th, 2013, 03:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:

Remember, I'm more than willing to buy the boxes and sell the figure individually.
4-3. We will have to wait for the last judge to vote.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

Old November 30th, 2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:

4-3. We will have to wait for the last judge to vote.
Yeah, given how close this one is, I'd like to hear from our last Judge. Normally I would consider 5 Yeas a pass or 4 Nays a fail. Hopefully we'll get the Judge situation resolved soon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs