Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old November 3rd, 2013, 11:21 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro-man View Post
Oh boy I got to pick up the pace. I still got the idea and I am close to finishing however school has been very picky with me.
Any update Bro-man? You writing another ten chapter piece?
Yeah, that 41 something page submission should be reposted as a short fiction.
~TGRF.
P.S. That's actually not a half bad idea...
Don't worry it won't be long as that. Besides I think It will be ready by tomorrow, late if school gets the best of me, and then we can get on with the judging.

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So as we wait for Bro-man to submit his story, I have a question for the more tenured writers here: When did the whole giant pencils and slabs of meat thing get started and why? Just curious is all as I have gone back to read old stories (Pssst... Tornado I really liked those Elso stories).

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old November 5th, 2013, 12:05 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
So as we wait for Bro-man to submit his story, I have a question for the more tenured writers here: When did the whole giant pencils and slabs of meat thing get started and why? Just curious is all as I have gone back to read old stories (Pssst... Tornado I really liked those Elso stories).
Glad you asked.
The original story came from Dragonfire9788, a great author when he was around, known for his lengthy entries and humor. Here's the post.
After that we all took it and ran. Things evolved into rotting slabs of meat, guys with 21 bazookas, and the Grim Reaper, if memory serves.
Good days.
~TGRF.

Go to my website to read my fan fiction!

Writing Status: Currently Researching & Developing
Spoiler Alert!

Old November 5th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro-man View Post

I'm still halfway on mine.
This is going to be a monster of story if it took Bro-man a little under a month to get halfway done and has been working on it 16-ish days since that was posted.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old November 8th, 2013, 09:10 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Hey guys I think the contest has a gotten a little out of hand. I'm not here to strong arm you guys, but seriously one week. That is the judging period, entries entered after said period are not accepted. If there is only one entry that entry wins and a new prompt is posted.

Posts should be typed up in word and be no more than 1 and a half to two pages in length. The judges should copy and paste those texts which seem a little long into word. If the post exceeds the limit the offending writer should be asked to edit the post. After the deadline if the post still exceeds the limit, the excess text should not be judged.

My old friend TGRF who owns this thread should have the last say, but the whole idea behind contests is to make them fair for everybody. Therefore the rules should be the same for everybody. You're not writing an epic, you're writing a short story.

Additionally there should never be more than one winner. It is the judges duty to determine who has the BEST post. Not two posts with CLOSE to the best.

It appears this contest has been in progress for some time therefore I will try to get in on the next one.

The fact that I am in college and on a stricter schedule than most of you should not concern you. If I haven't posted by the deadline, judge anyway.

Finally, aaaaahhhh, it's nice to be back!

Slink's story can be found here.
Old November 8th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Pssst...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Hey guys I think the contest has a gotten a little out of hand. I'm not here to strong arm you guys, but seriously one week. That is the judging period, entries entered after said period are not accepted. If there is only one entry that entry wins and a new prompt is posted.

Posts should be typed up in word and be no more than 1 and a half to two pages in length. The judges should copy and paste those texts which seem a little long into word. If the post exceeds the limit the offending writer should be asked to edit the post. After the deadline if the post still exceeds the limit, the excess text should not be judged.

My old friend TGRF who owns this thread should have the last say, but the whole idea behind contests is to make them fair for everybody. Therefore the rules should be the same for everybody. You're not writing an epic, you're writing a short story.

Additionally there should never be more than one winner. It is the judges duty to determine who has the BEST post. Not two posts with CLOSE to the best.

It appears this contest has been in progress for some time therefore I will try to get in on the next one.

The fact that I am in college and on a stricter schedule than most of you should not concern you. If I haven't posted by the deadline, judge anyway.

I think things have become more lenient since there are less writers now, (off the top of my head the consistent ones now are myself, TGRF, Bro-man, Tornado, BiggaBullfrog, NS [who hasn't actually posted a story in a while but hangs around], Mr. Mario [who may have left as he hasn't posted in a while] and Dysole and even with the number of people here we don't always get more than three submissions or even three submissions in a timely fashion) and the judges want there to be a contest not just a winner. Anyway it is getting a little ridiculous though when we do have a couple submissions but one writer is being waited on, honestly I think we should wait, but at some point a writer should just say look I'm not going to make this one in a reasonable time period I'm out. Again I don't know what the fair thing is to do in these situations, I want to be kind and wait, but I also don't want to wait whole months. Just my .

EDIT: I think though it depends on situation, the first story submitted (mine) was nearly a month after prompt was issued so I really can't pass judgement on Bro-man in this situation. If someone posts a story within a week of the prompt, then I believe they have a right to be upset with tardy authors in another situation.

Pssst...

Last edited by Crixus33; November 8th, 2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: forgot Tornado
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:16 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Least ways, I think we should get a judging right now and move on.

Slink's story can be found here.
Old November 8th, 2013, 04:05 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Waiting On a Hero

I'll give Bro-man until the end of the day to at least tell us if he can deliver a story either today or tomorrow. If he says nothing or is unable to I'll judge things.

~Dysole, thinking that he had a vague enough prompt that interest didn't quite factor as much as he could have hoped
Old November 8th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I can go back and look for the pencil posts but I know there was a good session about two years ago in December.
This post has the original entry I believe. It takes off on this page.
The rotting slabs of meat must of hit the next late judge.

Very happy you like Eslo. My friend created the character, he is on the this site(Eslo Rudkey). Here is a link to the Eslo thread. I think I have used or adapted most of them for use in the Fan Fic contest. If you like those and want more I can send you some of my friend's tales.
He captures the character much better than I have been able to. He is fun to write.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; November 8th, 2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old November 8th, 2013, 07:49 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Ahem. I have arrived. Feel impressed.

One week is the judging period, yes. Extensions can be granted. They are part of the judging period. Any submissions posted during an extension will be counted.

There is no length limit at the moment so we can't really insist on any length. We had a great debate about this a few months ago, and nothing much was reached. I still plan on testing out my idea the next time I win.

We have a unique problem. If this were any other contest, we could tweak the rules however we wished until we liked them. We can't do that here. Back when this thread started, maybe I could have, but not now. We simply do not have enough people that consistently contribute here to warrant adding rules that might drive them away.
The only way we're going to be able to deal with this is if we do something that works with everyone.

~TGRF.

P.S. Though, please, Bro-man, do get the entry in.

Go to my website to read my fan fiction!

Writing Status: Currently Researching & Developing
Spoiler Alert!

Old November 8th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Pssst...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I can go back and look for the pencil posts but I know there was a good session about two years ago in December.
This post has the original entry I believe. It takes off on this page.
The rotting slabs of meat must of hit the next late judge.

Very happy you like Eslo. My friend created the character, he is on the this site(Eslo Rudkey). Here is a link to the Eslo thread. I think I have used or adapted most of them for use in the Fan Fic contest. If you like those and want more I can send you some of my friend's tales.
He captures the character much better than I have been able to. He is fun to write.
Um... what link?

Yeah I remember reading a post about you saying some else created the character, I found that interesting.

Pssst...
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:39 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:

Ahem. I have arrived. Feel impressed.

One week is the judging period, yes. Extensions can be granted. They are part of the judging period. Any submissions posted during an extension will be counted.

There is no length limit at the moment so we can't really insist on any length. We had a great debate about this a few months ago, and nothing much was reached. I still plan on testing out my idea the next time I win.

We have a unique problem. If this were any other contest, we could tweak the rules however we wished until we liked them. We can't do that here. Back when this thread started, maybe I could have, but not now. We simply do not have enough people that consistently contribute here to warrant adding rules that might drive them away.
The only way we're going to be able to deal with this is if we do something that works with everyone.

~TGRF.

P.S. Though, please, Bro-man, do get the entry in.
Hey don't worry I still got mine on the way. I just experience some technical difficulties with schooling and I had to hold on me typing my story. Don't worry it's not like the long as crap story that I had last time. I just will have enough time to post by tomorrow morning or if possible late tonight and we can get on with the judging but it will be close because schooling has been rough for me. I hope you all understand and I will try to participate more often when I can.

Until then here is something for you guys to keep your mind off things. Enjoy!

Spoiler Alert!

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction