Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 11th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Manchester Black ~~ Vote for playtesting!

Seemed like Flash was hitting 2 of them every time. Extra brutal

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:05 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Seemed like Flash was hitting 2 of them every time. Extra brutal
Don'tcha hate that guy?
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:15 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Down to SirG with Bats on abstain!
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:10 PM
One time at band camp...

3ish hours or SirG!
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:27 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

yea

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 53 - ARKHAM UNLEASHED
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:29 PM
One time at band camp...

This passes!
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Manchester Black ~~ Playtesting Phase

Looking good here!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
One time at band camp...

He likes him a bit lower. I could see that, or lowering the roll for Crush slightly. Either way is good with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon
Here's my report.

I enjoyed playing Manchester; I like having more Telepaths. Psychic Lobotomy seems really cool, and the same for Telekinetic Crush if I'd only had better luck with it/him.

I could see his points coming down a little (170/180), but that is based on games where his luck wasn't anything special.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Manchester Black

- THEME TEST
Pass

- MIRROR TEST
Pass

- BONDING TEST
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST
Pass

- POWER CHECK
Pass

- FUN TEST
Pass, as long as you’ve got some luck.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST
Pass

- USAGE TEST
Pass, though my luck with Telekinetic Crush made it seem a little iffy in usefulness.

- STRATEGY TEST
Pass, I really like Psychic Lobotomy’s strategy.

Army Test 1
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Tentative Fail
- What should be the unit's point value? Lower than 190
- Give a brief overview. It may have just been my luck (or the match-up) this game, but Manchester just wasn’t useful. He had 4 turns to use Crush, and failed each time.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal: N/A
Telekinetic Crush: N/A
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Telekinetic Crush: Used 4 times, 0 SS units chosen out of 4 total. Inflicted 0 total wounds.
Psychic Lobotomy: Not used.

Map: Alkali Lake (no glyphs; Knockback)
Units: Manchester Black, Martian Manhunter, Metallo, Merlyn, Iron Man (Mark 1) (1010 points) VS Professor X, Arch-Angel, Firestar, Siryn, Strong Guy, Destiny (1010 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 190 or so
- Give a brief overview. A much better showing for Manchester, he really likes being paired with Cyclops and friends. Because the enemy spread the OMs a decent amount, Psychic Lobotomy wasn’t especially strong, though it did put an important extra wound on Wonder Girl.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal: 3 wounds to Wonder Girl (1 from Lobotomy).
Telekinetic Crush: 3 wounds to Kid Flash, 6 wounds to Raven.
Telekinetic Crush: Used 13 times, 0 SS units chosen out of 23 total. Inflicted 9 total wounds.
Psychic Lobotomy: Used on Wonder Girl, removed 1 OM.

Units: Manchester Black, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Angel, Jubilee (710 points) VS Kid Flash, Speedy (Roy), Aqualad, Wonder Girl, Speedy (Mia), Raven, Beast Boy (Pterodactyl) (710 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? *Shrug*
- What should be the unit's point value? Hard to Tell
- Give a brief overview. This game just doesn’t show much for Manchester. He got 1 attack that failed (though if he had pulled it off he could have used Lobotomy to remove 2 numbered OMs), and then died to a lucky shot from Punisher.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal: N/A
Psychic Lobotomy: N/A

Units: Manchester Black, Professor X, Vixen, Weather Wizard, Beast Boy (Pterodactyl) (800 points) VS Echo, Huntress, Punisher, Robin (Dick), Robin (Tim), Gordon (790 points)
Spoiler Alert!
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, I'd say in the two he lost big, his armies were fairly outmatched in terms of synergy. Prof X with Mutants in the first test versus more of a hodge-podge is a tough battle. In the last match, Prof X didn't have any Mutants to maximize his effectiveness, but he and Manchester were going up against Sidekicks, Vigilatnes, and Gordon.
Manchester had his best showing in the second game, where he had the best army for him.
So I think that's part of it, as is luck. I could see his cost going down, depending on what other tests say, but I think army builds and match ups influenced a lot of his struggles.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:39 PM
One time at band camp...

I think this is more that a telepath army isn't really all that good, especially against Crime Fighters and Criminals. Definitely want to see another test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky2007
Hi LP,

I'm trying something new here for my playtests. It's becoming really difficult to write-up all my notes into more of a story affair, and it occured to me that you guys can probably get more use from my raw test results anyway. Next to each round number shows who won initiative and all powers and names are in short-hand style. If you have any problems with interpreting anything, just let me know.

Thanks
Steve

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Manchester Black)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this character’s powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Fail (see conclusions)

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 130
- Give a brief overview. The Fighters kick the stuffing out of the Telepaths!
Map: Ice Blossom (BoV) no glyphs or destructible objects used
Units: Manchester Black, Professor X, Psylocke & Emma Frost
vs.
Luke Cage, Jewel, Iron Fist & Shang-Chi

Round 1: mb
1-px - ef moves - p moves
1-lk - j moves (can't fly) - lk moves
2-px - ef moves - p moves
2-lk - if leaps - lk moves
3-px - mb moves
3-lk - j moves - lk moves

Round 2: lk
1-lk - sc moves - lk doesn't move
1-ef does not move
2-lk - if moves - lk moves adj. mb and attacks 4sk 3sh (mb 1 wound)
2-px - ef uses ppsa on lk 3sk 1sh - is= (lk 1 wound) - p doesn't move
3-lk - if moves and attacks mb 2sk 1sh (mb 2 wounds) - if reveals x to remove lk's wound (lk 0 wounds) - lk attacks mb 3sk 3sh
3-px - mb uses tc on if - both fail

Round 3: lk
1-lk - if attacks mb 6sk 2sh (mb dead) - lk moves and attacks ef 1sk 0sh (ef 1 wound)
1-px - ef attacks if with ppsa 3sk 3sh - p moves and uses pk on if - nothing happens!
2-lk - if leaps and attacks p 2sk 4sh(+1) - 3 unblockable hits on if (if 3 wounds) - reveals x to remove a wound (if 2 wounds) - lk attacks ef 3sk - px uses pdx to prevent attack
2-px - ef attacks if with ppsa 2sk 0sh (if 4 wounds) - p uses pk on if - if receives 1 wound (if dead)
3-lk attacks ef 3sk 1sh (ef 3 wounds)
3-px - ef attacks lk 1sk 1sh - p uses pk on lk - nothing happens

Round 4: lk
1-j - pf=20 - moves and attacks p 3sk 0sh (p 3 wounds)
1-ef - places df marker on card and attacks lk 3sk 3sh
2-lk - j pf=16 - attacks p 2sk 0sh (p dead) - lk evades lea from ef and attacks px 1sk 2sh
2-px moves and attacks lk 1sk 2sh
3-sc moves
3-px attacks lk 2sk 2sh

Round 5: lk
1-lk - j pf=11 - j flies adj. px and attacks 3sk - px reveals x to ignore attack - lk attacks px 5sk 1sh (px dead)
1-ef attacks j 1sk 1sh
2-sc moves adj. ef and attacks 2sk(+1) 1sh 1sk(+1) 1sh 1sk(+1) 2sh
2-ef attacks lk 2sk 4sh
3-sc attacks ef 1sk+1 0sh (ef dead)

Winners: Luke Cage, Jewel and Shang-Chi (all with no wounds)
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky2007
Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 130
- Give a brief overview. The Martians couldn’t compete with Luthor’s criminal empire.
Map: Ice Blossom (BoV) no glyphs or destructible objects used
Units: Manchester Black, Martain Manhunter & White Martian x3
vs.
Lex Luthor (Business Suit), Superboy (Kal-El), Eradicator, Bodyguard x4, Hired Guns & SHIELD Sniper

Confession: I forgot that all Martians are immune from non-adjacent attacks, which made the Hired Guns far more useful than they should have been. However, I did remember to use Intangibility to move though all figures and avoid any leaving engagement attacks.

Round 1: lex
1-ss moves
1-mm moves td=3 - 3wm move
2-lex - 3bg move - uses rkc on sb - sb moves
2-wm1 moves and attacks sb 3sk 1sh+3b
3-lex moves - rkc fails - lex attacks wm1 2sk 1sh (wm1 1 wound)
3-wm2 moves - wm1&2 try mpa on sb - 1 success (sb 1 wound)

Round 2: mb
1-wm3 moves adj. sb - 3wm mpa on sb - 1 success (sb 2 wounds)
1-lex - 3bg move - rkc fails - lex attacks wm1 2sk 3sh
2-wm2 moves - 3wm mpa on sb - 1 success (sb 3 wounds)
2-hg move - 3 attacks wm2 - 1sk 4sh 2sk 1sh (wm2 1 wound) 0sk 1sk 4sh 0sk 2sk 2sh
3-mm moves adj. hg and attacks 4sk (1 hg dead) td=4 - 3wm & mb move
3-lex - 2bg move - uses rkc on - sb moves adj. wm1 - fhv on wm2 fails - attacks wm1 2sk-1 1sh - hg attacks wm1 4sk 3sh (wm1 2 wounds) 3sk 2sh (wm1 3 wounds) - hg attacks wm1 3sk 2sh (wm1 dead) wm3 3sk 1sh (wm3 2 wounds) - hg attacks wm2 1sk 3sh 1sk 2sh

Round 3: lex
1-lex moves - uses rks on e - e moves and places a wound (e 1 wound) for srs on wm3 2sk 2sh - sb removes a wound (sb 2 wounds) - hg attacks wm3 0sk 3sk 3sh 2sk 1sh (wm3 3 wounds) 2sk 2sh 2sk 2sh 2sk 4sh
1-wm2 moves - 2wm mpa on lex - both fail
2-lex - 2bg move - rks on e - e places a wound (e 2 wounds) for srs on wm3 1sk 2sh - sb removes a wound (sb 1 wound) - hg attacks wm3 2sk 2sh 0sk 3sk 2sh (wm3 dead) wm2 3sk 2sh (wm2 2 wounds) 0sk 1sk 3sh
2-mm move adj. 3hg and attacks 6sk (2 hg dead) td=1 - useless - mb too far away
3-lex - 3bg move - rks on sb to fly adj. mm - fhv fails - attacks 5sk 4sh (mm 1 wound) - hg attack mm 1sk 3sh 1sk 1sh 1sk 5sh 3sk 4sh
3-mb - tc14 on 2bgs - both fail

Round 4: mb
1-mm moves and attacks e 4sk 3sh (e 3 wounds) td=2 - mb moves
1-lex - 2bg move - rks sb moves adj. mm - fhv fails - attack 1sk 3sh - hg attack 2sk 4sh 1sk 1sh 2sk 2sh 2sk 4sh
2-mm moves adj. hg and attacks 4sk (3 hg dead) td=0!!!!!!!!!
2-lex - 2bg move - rks fails - hg attacks wm2 2sk 2sh 2sk 3sh
3-mb tries tc14 on sb - 1 success (sb 2 wounds)
3-lex - 1bg moves - rks on sb moves adj. mm - fhv fails - 5sk 3sh (mm 3 wounds) - hg attacks wm2 3sk 2sh (wm2 3 wounds) 1sk 2sh

Round 5: lex
1-lex - 2bg move - rks fails - hg attacks mm 1sk 1sh 1sk 5sh
1-mm moves and attacks e 5sk 0sh (e dead) td=3 - mb moves
2-lex - 3bg move - krs on sb moves adj. mb - fhv fails - attacks mb 3sk-1 3sh - hg attacks wm2 1sk 1sh 1sk 3sh
2-mm moves adj. hg and attacks 4sk (4 hg dead) td=1 - mb moves
3-lex moves - rks on sb - fhv fails - attacks mm 6sk-1 2sh (mm dead) - lex attacks wm2 2sk 2sh
3-mb - tk14 on sb - both fail

Round 6: mb
1-wm2 attacks ss 3sk 2sh (ss dead)
1-lex - 3bg move - rkc on sb - fhv fries wm2 (wm2 dead) - sb attacks mb 4sk-1 1sh (mb 2 wounds) - lex attacks mb 1sk 0sh (mb 3 wounds)
2-mb - risked and got away with lea to get height - attacks sb 3sk 2sh (sb 3 wounds) mb uses pl (sb 4 wounds)
2-lex - 2bg move - rkc on sb - fhv on mb (mb dead)

Winners: Lex Luthor, Bodyguard x4, Superboy (4 wounds)

Conclusions:
Telekinetic Crush seems very wordy. How about something like “…after using, you may use it one additional time. Cannot target more than 1 figure with Super Strength per turn”.

Also, I’m not sure how tempting he is to draft compared to a White Martian (another Telepath whose Mass Psychic Assualt is very similar to Telekinetic Crush)

White Martian (2 more move, 1 more attack, Super Strength, can auto-wound on 14+ for every white martian within 3 spaces of a figure, no leaving engagement attacks, cannot be attacked from range, 40 points less)
Manchester Black (1 more range, no lava weakness, can auto-wound on 14+ up to twice within 4 spaces, possible auto-wound and OM removal once per game)

Even without the benefits of multiple white martians, I think I’d still take 1 of them over Manchester Black every time, and use the 40 points elsewhere.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:24 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Yeah, he's not having much army test luck. I'm starting to think it's him.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:37 PM
One time at band camp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, he's not having much army test luck. I'm starting to think it's him.
We could lower the die roll for Crush. Think that would be better?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library