Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:41 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Kantano Daishi by qt.bangerang

I was very happy to see qt turn this unit back around so quickly for resubmission. There are two big changes to this unit and one minor one from the original. The minor change is the units name. Still gives the same flavor as far as I'm concerned, so no worries there.

Onto the big changes:

The obvious one is the change from Valkrill to Vydar. As I mentioned in my original review my first choice would be Utgar, but I have no problem with Daishi joining the ranks of Vydar. Vydar has always seemed to toe the line between being good and evil, or maybe a better description is less good. So, IMO, I see no theme break here at all. I understand part of the reasoning for his original choice of Valkrill since they don't yet have a ninja, but I don't think that's a good reason to 'force' a unit in there (not to say qt did that here).

The other big change is in the wording of Dishonerable Leadership, which changed from "After taking a turn..." to "When revealing an order marker..." This was a must needed revision to avoid any double bonding, which in Vydar's case would have been with the Command Courier. This particular instance of a double bond doesn't look like it would have been too big a deal since the CC has to give up his attack to order another unit and Daishi still can't order other Ninjas around if he's engaged so there's really not a lot of extra things happening in this case, but it's still a good idea to word things this way for any future units that may come down the line and keep double bonding out of the game alltogether.

All other Vydar specific powers have no effect on Daishi (Agent Skahen, Blastatrons, Laglor), so no worries there, which also means further testing is unecessary.

I'll point everyone to my original review of Dashi since all points (other than Valkrill) are still valid.

I vote YES to induct Kantano Daishi into the SoV.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14

Last edited by nyys; January 28th, 2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

The fact that now, Dashi can't escape from the engagement to use his Disonorable Leadership will weakened him, no?

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
The fact that now, Dashi can't escape from the engagement to use his Disonorable Leadership will weakened him, no?
He still has Phantom Walk...

The powers did not change. Just a bit of the wording.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

... Miss readed the new card, sorry.

(I though that now he uses the bonding before his turn, as for a basic bonding... but no, never mind. ^^" )

French Forum's admin.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
... Miss readed the new card, sorry.

(I though that now he uses the bonding before his turn, as for a basic bonding... but no, never mind. ^^" )
If you just read nyys's review and not the card then it would be quite easy to get this impression.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:27 PM
Marcel Marceau

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
If you just read nyys's review and not the card then it would be quite easy to get this impression.
Exactly.

French Forum's admin.
Old January 25th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
I would like to nominate the new and improved Kantono Daishi.

Figure used:
League Assassin #004 Brave and the Bold Heroclix
Spoiler Alert!

Alternative figures (just different color schemes)
The Sensei #026 Brave and the Bold Heroclix (blue version)
League Elite #011 Brave and the Bold Heroclix (red version)

Availability:
Spoiler Alert!

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!
I'll admit that I liked the Valkrill faction here--I saw him as an instigator of assassins (very Valkrill to me), rather than a "general" like Kato, etc.

I've spent some time thinking about this unit, this resubmission, this new iteration. I've pulled him back out, I've looked again at my old tests, and I've thought about it some more.

And I like it.

I still like the unit--it has some strong match-ups, but a lot more weak ones; it just oozes theme--and I think the Vydar thing can work well for it.

I vote YES to induct Kantano Daishi into the SoV.

Last edited by 1Mmirg; January 25th, 2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: oops, typo...
Old January 25th, 2013, 01:42 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Woot, here's to somebody other than Scytale getting a review done. Don't get me wrong, I love what the SoV is doing but this tales a hell of a long time. I really hope to see Kheris or Brimstone pass.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:53 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Woot, here's to somebody other than Scytale getting a review done. Don't get me wrong, I love what the SoV is doing but this tales a hell of a long time. I really hope to see Kheris or Brimstone pass.
As a former SoV judge I can tell you that the judging process does take quite some time. And for good reason.

The SoV wants to make sure that they pass only the top of the top units. This takes a considerable amount of playtesting to do. So, any Fanscape fan should be very glad that the judges here take their responsibilities seriously enough to give each unit under review a thorough amount of testing. Not to mention that each one of these great guys has real life responsibilities as well.
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Quote:
As a former SoV judge I can tell you that the judging process does take quite some time. And for good reason.

The SoV wants to make sure that they pass only the top of the top units. This takes a considerable amount of playtesting to do. So, any Fanscape fan should be very glad that the judges here take their responsibilities seriously enough to give each unit under review a thorough amount of testing. Not to mention that each one of these great guys has real life responsibilities as well.
To be honest, if the judging weren't quite so rigourous, I don't think this organization would've succeded.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:05 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

It should be noted that the new Kantono Daishi is able to be activated by the Command Courier.

I share the opinion of 1Mmirg that Kantono Daishi was better as Valkrill
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:06 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
It should be noted that the new Kantono Daishi is able to be activated by the Command Courier.

I share the opinion of 1Mmirg that Kantono Daishi was better as Valkrill
You should read the card more carefully before making such pronouncements.

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs