Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 24th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Public Design Post

I picked up the Hobby Lobby version and it looks awesome on a map. Looking forward to Satanus.
Old November 24th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I was going to give him a power called Tiny Arms which would not allow him to use Equipment Glyphs. Margloth suggested just making him an event hero and I agreed. His appearances in 2000AD comics is always eventful
That would be neat, I would like to see him rampaging across the battlefield as an event hero.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well since no one replied to my earlier comment about Juan Paul Batman, I'll just post what I have and if it gets knocked down, what the heck.

Batman (Juan Paul Valley)

Spoiler Alert!

Hope you guys like it as much as I do

Last edited by Smithy Winfred; November 24th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old November 24th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[quote=Smithy Winfred;1718733]
Quote:
Batman (Juan Paul Valley)

Spoiler Alert!

Hope you guys like it as much as I do
Because he does not have any special attacks I would reword Bat-Claws like so.

BAT-CLAWS
When Batman attacks, he may attack one additional time. When attacking an adjacent figure, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Chelle and I are playtesting at the moment or I might have more to say I have not even had a second to look over the suggestions for Apoc yet.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "

Last edited by ibechief; November 24th, 2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old November 24th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Well since no one replied to my earlier comment about Juan Paul Batman, I'll just post what I have and if it gets knocked down, what the heck.
A, it's Jean Paul Valley.

B, Bats has him drafted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bats
Edit: Oh, and for (was it Smithy who asked?), Jean Paul Valley's Batman has been drafted (by me no less).
On the design itself, I'm just not feeling it. It doesn't really have the feel of a more aggressive Batman. Something dealing with his more brutal methods would help. As would deciding on the direction you want to go for the the third power.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 24th, 2012, 06:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post

Because he does not have any special attacks I would reword Bat-Claws like so.

BAT-CLAWS
When Batman attacks, he may attack one additional time. When attacking an adjacent figure, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
This is incorrect. Special attacks can be achieved via glyphs, so normal attack is always specified.
Old November 24th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
This is incorrect. Special attacks can be achieved via glyphs, so normal attack is always specified.
Actually, that's not quite right. There are no glyphs that give you special attacks, mostly because not all powers specify normal attacks. Wolverine's Adamantium Claws for example. Still, your point is valid that it should state normal attack, to avoid any possible complications.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 24th, 2012, 06:19 PM

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Actually, that's not quite right. There are no glyphs that give you special attacks, mostly because not all powers specify normal attacks. Wolverine's Adamantium Claws for example. Still, your point is valid that it should state normal attack, to avoid any possible complications.
I took the verbiage strait from Blade's card... does that mean Blade should be updated to fix this?

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old November 24th, 2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I thought since the ability was tied to an Order Marker that it would be considered over at the end of the turn. I may need help placing time constraints on this. The intention was for it to only last that full turn.
Without anything to say otherwise, the boost would stay in effect continually.
I definitely do not want that.
Quote:
Quote:
In a combat setting he would take a wound and need to heal sacrificing his last given Marker.
Only if he uses all 3 markers on his card on the first turn and then takes a wound every turn. That's just not going to happen all the time. Plus, with 12 Life, he wouldn't need to heal every wound. I think you're underestimating his stats, especially if you bumped them up 1 or 2.
Yeah I agree though he could use two markers his first two turns and his only marker on his last turn, then forgo the last marker to heal. This is if you stack all Order Markers on Apoc... something that wont work with the suggested changed to Bonding. Maybe doing away with the Order Marker activation is best and trying an anytime marker removal like bats suggested.

Quote:
With the Green Lanterns, the boosts only go up, and only +1 for each, at that; and to a maximum of +5. Apocalypse would have +1 for marker on his card, plus potential +3 boosts for each one removed, and then you have to remember which stats you've boosted. The Lanterns already push some limits there, I feel like Apoc would go another step further.
I think they are just about the same. Though you are right there is much to factor in. I think it is not beyond the average superheroscaper though.

Old November 24th, 2012, 06:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Looks like I was wrong then. I looked over the glyphs and DO and can't find a SA anywhere. I swear I've seen multiple figures with powers that specify normal attack though even though they do not have a special attack and always assumed this was because a figure could gain a special attack from somewhere. Maybe I've imagined that too. Too many figures to go through looking for examples though.
Old November 24th, 2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Here is a different take on how to give you everything you are trying to achieve.
Spoiler Alert!

Now he is clearly limited to only using 1 Technology Marker to boost any 1 stat and the boost it clearly limited in duration. He can also now use the defense boost as needed rather then having it tied to an OM reveal. The wound healing can still take place at the expense of a Technology Marker and occurs only at the end of his turn. With no OM reveal required for any of his powers either, the earlier Horsemen turn order synergy I suggested works fine.
Wow Yoda I really like this approach! I wish there was a way to simplify it though so that you do not have to repeat
"Before rolling *insert term here* dice for a *insert term here*, you may remove 1 Technology Marker from this card and roll 3 additional dice on that *insert term here*."

I'm wondering if there is not a way to reword this. If so this has my vote so far by a longshot. Am I alone here or is this a simple solution to limiting the term of the bonus while removing the requirement to Specify and "X" Order Marker or any Order Marker for that matter. The only difference is that it lowers his maximum bonus to 3, which is ok with me.

Quote:
I was going to give him a power called Tiny Arms which would not allow him to use Equipment Glyphs. Margloth suggested just making him an event hero and I agreed. His appearances in 2000AD comics is always eventful
See if you had done this he would have my first vote every time till he gets put through.

Last edited by ibechief; November 24th, 2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old November 24th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I think you've got a really good start on Apocolypse, chief, though I agree with TB on most of his points. Especially the complexity; while it's not beyond playable, I know I just wouldn't want to play him with that amount of stat fluctuation. If there is one thing that bugs me about playing C3G games, it's the amount of time I spend reading and re-reading cards to make sure I'm not missing anything, and in my opinion this design would double the time spent doing that.

It's a really strong start, but it needs drastically simplified in my opinion.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old November 24th, 2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post

It's a really strong start, but it needs drastically simplified in my opinion.
I just do not think that there is a way to do this without completely changing the mechanic or loosing the theme that this captures.

Apocalypse should be very flexible. The guy has a laundry list of powers and has never been one to stick to a single power set even throughout one fight. I think once the changed by Yoda have been given time to be looked at I'll have a better design to post.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy