Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 8th, 2012, 01:00 AM

UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape's Birthday 8/8/2004 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Last January, I mentioned in a different thread, the idea of giving Heroscape a birth date and suggested it be 8/8/2004.

Quote:
So this is where it all begins. The IT LIVES!!!! post by hero tells me the general public could not get this in June or July. Scrolling through the snapshots, it seems the game's introduction was done at both ComiCon (7/22-25) and GenCon (8/19-22) 2004. In between the two conventions, there's a post by hero titled IT'S HERE!!!! on 8/8/2004 where he says he bought a master set at WalMart. I'm guessing it first hit store shelves in the previous week; so August is good enough for me. I vote we make 8/8/2004 the birth date for Heroscape based on hero's IT'S HERE!!! post on HS.Net.
I like the idea of using the date hero first purchased a master set as Heroscape's birth date. Another date could be the game's official publication, which I believe was in June 2004, but I'm not sure what the exact publication date is yet.

What do you guys think? Should we give Heroscape a birth date?
I second Xorlorf's date (7/7/2004) because Hero said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero
I got myself a copy, through begging and wheedling.
It's the birthdate of HeroScape fandom; the proud papa, after months and weeks of anticipation, blurry shelf pics, etc., finally brings the bouncing baby boy home from the hospital. He's got it in his hands, and now he's telling The Whole World! about it.

Encompassed about by mountain waves
Old August 8th, 2012, 06:09 PM

Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker

Just in case!!!

Happy 8th Birthday Heroscape!

My greatest Heroscape mistake: Thinking that Heroscape was a $40 $400 game!
Old August 8th, 2012, 08:08 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

We should email Walmart and ask them when they first put it on the shelves.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old August 8th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobofdeath's Dad View Post
Just in case!!!

This year we'll say it was today. Next year and beyond, it can be July 7th.
Old August 8th, 2012, 09:20 PM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Just in case!!!

Happy B-Day HS!!!

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old August 8th, 2012, 10:45 PM

buckeyefan837 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Just in case!!!

July 7th is one day before my birthday
Old August 8th, 2012, 11:16 PM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan837 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Just in case!!!

July 7th is one day before my birthday
Great, you can celebrate HS' B-Day then get new 'Scape. Somehow that seems reverse.

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I was in err...

NHSD is on the 3rd Saturday. The posts below explain it. Thanks arp12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
From another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
It's on the 2nd Saturday. Some people celebrate on the 1st or 3rd Saturday depending on their schedules, but it's "officially" the 2nd Sat. There was a post made by R˙chean about it as a joke, and it actually stuck.
No, I'm sure it's on the 3rd Saturday. In 2011 most events were on the 15th, in 2010 most events were on the 16th, in 2009 the 17th, etc. Of course, there's always a few events that deviate from the standard.
Definitive proof is that the first NHSD was October 21, 2006, which was the third Saturday in October that year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
SO in light of two large tournaments happening on the same day, I declare October 21st national heroscape tournament day and encourage all other groups and factions to also have a tourney on the same day....

that would be truly epic !
However, some people host NHSD events one or two weeks away from the "official" day when it works better for people's schedules. It doesn't really matter what day it is, as long as a bunch of people are having fun playing Heroscape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Oh stupid me....

It 'tis the third Saturday of the month.

I now recall that I have hosted it before on the second week the last two times due to my schedule, and thus ingrained in myself that was when it happened.

My bad, I was mistaken. Thanks for the reminder, arp12.
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:12 PM

UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I guess the question is: should the date celebrate the "first fan" getting it, or when everyone could get it?

Encompassed about by mountain waves
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:15 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well met!

Since the universe began its existence when I first opened my eyes, naturally, I'll celebrate NHSD on that day (3/31). It should be comforting to all of you to know that, since the universe will cease to exist when I do, Heroscape will continue to live at least until then.

Next Generation

Old July 7th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape's Birthday 7/7/2004

Happy Birthday, Heroscape!

Nine years ago, hero was opening his advanced copy of RotV and getting ready to show it to everyone on heroscape.net.
Old July 7th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Joseph King, Retired

Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape's Birthday 7/7/2004

Happy Birthday heroscape!

Let the games begin and last forevermore!

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
theats, allow me to introduce you to Rexmax2 he's our personal Heroscaper entertainer .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion