Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 16th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
I have a question for the judges:

Why was the original Priscus voted down on account of not having a high enough availability? He would have the exact same availability as Tyrian , who you voted yes to. In addition, Tyrian requires painting, Priscus does not.
Did you read the votes? I think the SoV judges - past and present - do a pretty good job of articulating why they voted as they did.

You are oversimplifying why some judges voted why they did and completely overlooking others.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Agent Malcolm by Tmac2200 has received 3 NO votes to review (Killometer, Scytale, ZBeeblebrox) and is removed from the process.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:19 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
I have a question for the judges:

Why was the original Priscus voted down on account of not having a high enough availability? He would have the exact same availability as Tyrian , who you voted yes to. In addition, Tyrian requires painting, Priscus does not.
Did you read the votes? I think the SoV judges - past and present - do a pretty good job of articulating why they voted as they did.

You are oversimplifying why some judges voted why they did and completely overlooking others.
The two thumbs down votes barely mention the figure and are more concerned with the mechanics. Take a look.

When we vote no to induct a figure, we do lay ouit all our concerns.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:30 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There are few things that concern me about these guys but I want to give them a try.

I vote YES to review Threforian Raptor.
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:42 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Threforian Raptor by Fi Skirata has received 5 YES votes to review (Killometer, qt.bangerang, Scytale, Super Bogue, ZBeeblebrox) and moves on in the process.

I vote YES to review Tentacles of the Kraken. I've been vacillating over it since I saw it, but it's a very interesting concept and I think that it needs some table time to really judge it.

Tentacles of the Kraken by qt.bangerang has received 4 YES votes to review (Killometer, Scytale, Super Bogue, ZBeeblebrox) and moves on in the process.

Old May 16th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

I would like to submit my Ragweb Spider custom for SoV review.

The Card:

The miniature used it the Pathfinder Battles Giant Spider:

Balance- I've done extensive playtesting with this figure. It was originally priced at 50 points, but after going through the 3FG process and doing more games with the figure, we lowered the price based on survivability and how it impacts the game. Combine that with the fact that it is a bonding hero, and I ended up pricing it at 35 points.

Playability- Though Poisonous Bite is a bit wordy, it is easy to understand after the first time you read it. Just a simple marker/D20 mechanic that can make you think twice about what heroes you send against the spiders. Climb X3 is a no-brainer, considering the miniature's size. Master stats are balanced, as it packs more punch than the average spider, but is slower. Left-box stats are just fine, as it bonds with Fyorlags and since it is beefier than them, I changed the personality to Ferocious, rather than the Wild of Fyorlags. Marked as it is with the odd shape of a spider and the red/black/grey color scheme, it is easy to pick out in a crowd of other figures. I put them on a normal-size HeroScape single-hex base.

Creativity- It adds a new mechanic to the game, and bonds with an existing squad. It adds a new type of bonding option for that squad in that the previously released Predators required some serious investment in points, and were Unique/Uncommon, whereas this unit is cheap and Common.

Theme- As a spider with an actual poison power, and fitting into an already-existing faction of HeroScape, it certainly fits into the HeroScape universe.

Accessibility- I checked availability just last night. Auggies alone has 50 figures, and other sites combined total about 40. Ebay matches those numbers, depending on the time you check. So all told, it comes out to about 120-130 figures, and ranging from $2.00 to $4.00, from what I've seen. No modification other than rebasing the figure is required.

Other- For the purposes of Poisonous Bite, use Marvel Wound Markers.

Thank you for your consideration. ~SoA

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; May 17th, 2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Updated Card.
Old May 16th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I'm not seeing a card.
Old May 16th, 2012, 02:25 PM

Great nomination write-up, lousy card.

Old May 16th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I'm not seeing a card.
Sorry everyone, it seems the card I sent SoA is non-functional. Try this:

Old May 16th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I don't particularly like poison markers being "red" as Marvel wound markers are red and (I think) can be used in any game, though that is a very minor point. I'm also not a huge fan of yet another anti-hero unit, but that doesn't mean the design is flawed.

One question, one request. Is Poisonous Bite supposed to stop working once all the Ragweb Spiders are dead? I'm pretty sure that is how it works the way it is currently worded. Also, would it be possible to get a picture of these spider minis next to some Fyorlag Spiders? I'd like to get an idea how well they stand out.
Old May 16th, 2012, 02:53 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't know how I feel about Poisonous Bite and the fact that you (the card controler of the Ragweb Spiders) are the one rolling for the poison wound when it is not an attack phase...

I do like the bonding option for the Fyorlag Spiders and another spider for Estivara to play with.

Also, while I am still thinking about them...why Aquilla over a Lolth spider for Utgar?
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:00 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I don't particularly like poison markers being "red" as Marvel wound markers are red and (I think) can be used in any game, though that is a very minor point. I'm also not a huge fan of yet another anti-hero unit, but that doesn't mean the design is flawed.

One question, one request. Is Poisonous Bite supposed to stop working once all the Ragweb Spiders are dead? I'm pretty sure that is how it works the way it is currently worded. Also, would it be possible to get a picture of these spider minis next to some Fyorlag Spiders? I'd like to get an idea how well they stand out.
It stands out well:

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs