Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 11th, 2012, 05:15 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

"must be able to" is different than the "must" implied in Clyemne's Captain's Assault wording.

~Z

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?
My map thread
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:24 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
I think one could argue that the Kozuke establish a certain precedent for this. (Though in their case, it's a bit ambiguous, since much depends on how one interprets "must be able": does it require that one be able to guarantee the result, or only require that one be able to pursue that result?)

Heh, William099 was faster.
Ninja'd!! Ironically about a Samurai reference... I was browsing the Kozuke Samurai thread and it sounded like they absolutley may not use their power if they do not end adjacent to an opponents figure.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Greater Ice Elemental...
in THE GHOST SHIP
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:31 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
"must be able to" is different than the "must" implied in Clyemne's Captain's Assault wording.

~Z
Not sure, cmgames. Depends on how one interprets the Kozuke's power.

Say a Kozuke wants to use Charging Assault to move adjacent to an enemy's figure who is 9 spaces away, and the only way to get to that figure is to cross a Molten Lava hex 7 spaces away. Can he use Charging Assault? Depends on whether you interpret "must be able" to mean that he must be able to guarantee the result of ending the movement adjacent to the enemy (which in this case clearly he cannot do, since he has a 19/20 chance of dying first), or whether he need only possess the potential for it (regardless of whether fate would actually allow it to be realized or not if put to the test).
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:36 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Based on the rulings in the Kozuke's book the Kozkue figure has to end its move standing next to an opponent's figure otherwise it does not get to add three. So in the lava example no the Kozuke would not get to use charging assault.

In the book someone asked if they could use the Charging Assault to add three if they were going to pass by a figure within the 9 spaces so basically the potential to end adjacent was there but if they chose not to could they still get the plus three and everyone there seemed to agree that no the Kozuke could not use the plus three unless it realized the potential to end on the space. We should probably move this out of the SOV thread now.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Greater Ice Elemental...
in THE GHOST SHIP
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The Kozuke does establish a precedent, though I really hate that power because I feel it's unclear. It does use the wording "must be able to", which is different than "must" (though apparently means "must" to some extent...), which opens the door for failing attempts like getting killed by a leaving engagement attack.

The biggest difference is that Charging Assault is a bonus during the move phase which is the same time the power takes affect. It's still a future thing, where the +3 happens before the figure actually moves, but at least it's in the same phase. Captain's Assault gives Clyemne a turn, and all the stuff a turn entails (like triggering Thanos's Rejected by Death, for example), with a restriction that occurs during her movement phase. That's a bigger deal to me than the +3 move Charging Assault gives.
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:40 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would like to re-submit my custom here for nomination (for the third and final time ), with the changes suggested:

Threforian Raptor

Figure used: Reaper Legends; Fastclaw

Bio: From the steamy world of Grut comes yet another force for good. Long has the dinosaur race been vilified and associated with orcs on Valhalla, but after the summoning of the Wolfen, it has become clear to Aquilla that they could be just as handy as the spiders from her own beloved jungle. Now brought to this new world, these raptors adapt quickly and begin to pose a grave threat for any orc or marro who step into Ticalla!

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for looking at it yet again! - Fi

Last edited by Fi Skirata; May 11th, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:47 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
I have to vote NO on Ocelot .

After a preliminary inquiry into the availability, I found only 5 after checking six different online stores. That is way too low for a SoV nomination.
I agree that the figure is allittle hard to find but it can be found in a few different colors with the same figure. So availability shouldn't be to terrible. But I understand if that's an issue. In which case I'm possibly willing to pick an easier to find miniature.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society." ~ Mark Twain
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:47 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Is my browser failing to update something? It looks exactly the same as last time.
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
I agree that the figure is allittle hard to find but it can be found in a few different colors with the same figure. So availability shouldn't be to terrible. But I understand if that's an issue. In which case I'm possibly willing to pick an easier to find miniature.
With all the color combinations I've found a dozen or so on a few sites, but that's still not enough. Regardless, please list figure availability along with unit submissions. It is up to the submitter to prove the figure has high enough availability to be considered, not up to the judges to see if we can find enough.

Given the availability I've seen, I'm going to vote NO as well. If someone can prove better availability, I am willing to reconsider.
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:06 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Is my browser failing to update something? It looks exactly the same as last time.
Your right, I put the old card up by accident. It is fixed now (sorry for the confusion).
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:11 PM

35pts still feels high for a single-attacking 3/3 common melee hero, but it's at least close.

YES to review Threforian Raptor
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Priscus has passed fanscape review and is inducted into the Soldiers of Valhalla. Congratulations Filthy the Clown!

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs