Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 4th, 2012, 10:15 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Folks, hope nobody will mind if I interrupt for a second to make a public service announcement....

<clears throat>

The voting polls for Auggie's Fire Elemental Squad Custom Contest are fresh up! Here's hoping they generate as much analysis and great discussion as possible. I know I'd love to hear what others think about the units before casting my vote, and I'm sure others feel the same way.

Links to the five polls:

Poll A
Poll B
Poll C
Poll D
Poll E

Last edited by Typhon2222; May 4th, 2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: five polls, the number of polls is five.
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Folks, hope nobody will mind if I interrupt for a second to make a public service announcement....

<clears throat>

The voting polls for Auggie's Fire Elemental Squad Custom Contest are fresh up! Here's hoping they generate as much analysis and great discussion as possible. I know I'd love to hear what others think about the units before casting my vote, and I'm sure others feel the same way.

Links to the four polls:

Poll A
Poll B
Poll C
Poll D
Um, Typhon? Boromir just posted Poll E...

Are you sure that should go in this thread?

Old May 4th, 2012, 10:21 AM

Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh, I'm sure the SoV gents take pride in the fact that this is the single most-visited thread on the site when it comes to customs, and thus must be expected to attract a certain amount of attention like this.
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Except it doesn't have anything to do with SoV.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:48 AM

Okay, consider my knuckles rapped.

EDIT: Don't want to clutter the thread further by creating yet another post in which to apologize more explicitly, so will do it here. Complaints heard and heeded, gentlemen! My sheepish apologies.

Last edited by Typhon2222; May 4th, 2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: baaaaa..... :oops:
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:37 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Oh, I'm sure the SoV gents take pride in the fact that this is the single most-visited thread on the site when it comes to customs, and thus must be expected to attract a certain amount of attention like this.
True, but what does your custom poll have to do with nominations and discussion of SoV units?

Old May 4th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I'm pretty sure the hope/relevance is that (A) one of these units could be visiting the SoV soon and (B) that the attention and focus of the SoV is the kind attention this contest needs.

I agree that we don't need to clutter this thread--I already get lost in here, with nominations coming often in piles--but I hope we can let a post like this go and not add even more clutter by questioning the post.

Don't like it here, negrep Typhon. But don't make a small intrusion into a mountain of irrelevant posts, please.

Maybe you disagree, but these are public forums. Let's be respectful, try to get things in the right place, but also not dwell on missteps or the kinds of tangents that naturally crop up in an online environment.
Old May 4th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Priscus by Filthy the Clown

It is with great pleasure that I finally set my ePen to this ePaper to write another vote.

There are a couple subtle ways in which he fits very firmly in the gladiator faction. Like the other gladiators, he is melee. Like the Capuans and Spartacus, he makes it difficult to work with any build including non-gladiators. They are a tight-knit group, I suppose.

I did try him once with Raelin, and it was good, of course, but every round I had a single OM on Raelin I was sacrificing Taste of Freedom, so she came at a steep price.

The one thing he adds to Team Gladiator is a special attack, but it is melee and deeply thematic - more so than its predecessor, Shield Pin - and it felt right and good and thematic.

He certainly didn't add much to the game to overpower the gladiator faction. Quite the contrary, Priscus + Crixus (190 points) was *noticeably* less effective than Spartacus (200 points). Though I did enjoy that combination very much, and I think it was the most fun of all the different armies I played with him. It gives the player two bonding heroes to choose from, heroes who play differently with the other friendly units around them and bring different things to the table.

Against the Knights of Weston + Denrick, Priscus + Gladiators were reasonably competitive. Against the 4th Mass, they were slaughtered like sheep.

Testing was over the course of a couple maps, the last of which was my own Fallen Pier. I note with pleasure that the Kid *really* liked the map, the way it plays in different zones that intersect each other, though that really has nothing to do with Priscus.

Priscus was fun and competitive and seems balanced at 100 points. I wouldn't lower him to 90 or raise him to 110, so I suppose he is even *perfectly* balanced at 100. Between the special attack and the aura he brings a bit more to the table than Crixus, but even if you have both Spartacus still does way more for the army as a whole with his tremendous boost to the Capuans.

He is fun and thematic and an interesting addition to the gladiator faction with the addition of a single, thematic, mild special attack.

I am pleased to vote to include Priscus in the Soldiers of Valhalla.

Some of you may be thinking, "come on, D_S, that took you darn near forever," and you are correct. I have a couple obligations at home - working two jobs and other things can take away from gaming time - and the simple fact is I don't play well by myself. And the Kid is busy with mountains of homework as he gets older and I just can't get him to play like I used to.

So with:
  1. Regret
  2. Pride
  3. Satisfaction
  4. Warm wishes to the other judges
  5. Thanks to them for including me among them
  6. Fondness for all the many participants in this thread
  7. And special appreciation to the creators of the fine customs that were shared with us, every single one without exception
  8. And special appreciation for Killometer for including me in this project,
I step down from among the judges of the Soldiers of Valhalla project.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 4th, 2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old May 4th, 2012, 08:58 PM

Oh thumbs-up on Priscus! (Especially appropriate for a gladiator, bwah hah hah hah.)

But big sad faces regarding your imminent departure, D_S. Thanks for all you've done for the SoV. Hey, you may even be missed.

Last edited by Typhon2222; May 4th, 2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: smilies.
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:39 PM

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks to you & those who wrote privately, Typhon.

It's been a great honor but I'm just not holding up my end of the bargain anymore.

I'll still be watching the thread & throwing in my , I'm just not being a credit to the project with my productivity as low as it is.

= =
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:35 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I've been watching this project since well before I had the guts to join the site (I learned you don't bite), and I always appreciated what D_S had to say, and I hope you stay the C3V pit bull you used to be, even with your shortened time. From what I gather, you're pretty important over there...

Best of luck and thanks for your time in this thread!
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:10 PM

Thank you, Superfrog, for the kind words.

As any C3Ver or PAM would tell you, that's a dizzyingly complicated beehive in which I am but one of many of the bees. I am still on the Executive Review Board of the C3V, where I am not required to playtest.

I'll keep kibbitzing here; fear not.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs