Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 12th, 2012, 09:58 AM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Wow!!! This guy is a spammer 'banning' spammers .
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:21 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

On the other hand, we're now only 17 posts away from 2000 replies in the SoV review!
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:11 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Who got reported? Kola? Or did the post you were talking about get deleted already?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Rampage...
in THE WAR FORGE
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:27 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Exhibit A for why you should just report it and not notify the forum that you did so.

If it gets reported more than once, so what? it is better than a series of posts after the deletion that no longer make any sense.

Yes, I know I am contributing to it but I report stuff every time I see it. However, I never post saying I reported it......ever.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death!

It's okay post you reported if they start a new thread, right? It'll be deleted anyway.

MegaSilver, returning to scheduled SoV business.
Old April 12th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Exhibit A for why you should just report it and not notify the forum that you did so.

If it gets reported more than once, so what? it is better than a series of posts after the deletion that no longer make any sense.

Yes, I know I am contributing to it but I report stuff every time I see it. However, I never post saying I reported it......ever.
Thanks, Ry. I posted once, realized how odd it looked and haven't since. Wise words.
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:11 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I love Gor'Vath's "anti-aura". Unfortunately, with it's minimum post-effect attack/defense roll, it raises order-of-operation issues with other bonuses and penalties that can't be cleanly resolved within the rules.

For example, imagine Gor'Vath adjacent to an Arrow Grut that has height and is adjacent to two Swog Riders. If I were playing the Arrow Grut I could argue that you impose Gor'Vath's penalty first, leaving my attack at 1, to which I would then apply my height and Swog bonuses, giving the Grut a final attack of 4. Contrariwise, were I playing Gor'Vath, I could argue that you apply all bonuses first, raising the Grut's attack to 4, then Gor'Vath's penalty is applied, leaving the Grut with an attack of 2.

Admittedly there is an official rule for handling unanswerable arguments like this-a d20 roll off-but it's a significant enough difference that I'm afraid it would result in a roll off everytime he's fielded.

I vote NO to induct robbdaman's Gor'Vath into the Soldiers of Valhalla.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:27 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Huh that's interesting my friends and I have always played in a way that applies all bonuses before subtracting any negatives. I always thought that was the way it had to be done.... Guess I learn something every day...

The way I see it if you look at it thematically the arrow grut had the bonuses already because he was feeling all inspired and such and then Gor'Vath walks up and the stinking cloud rolls in shaking the grut's resolve and thus lowering its abilities.... but yeah maybe that's more of a house rule than anything.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Rampage...
in THE WAR FORGE
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:28 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
For example, imagine Gor'Vath adjacent to an Arrow Grut that has height and is adjacent to two Swog Riders. If I were playing the Arrow Grut I could argue that you impose Gor'Vath's penalty first, leaving my attack at 1, to which I would then apply my height and Swog bonuses, giving the Grut a final attack of 4. Contrariwise, were I playing Gor'Vath, I could argue that you apply all bonuses first, raising the Grut's attack to 4, then Gor'Vath's penalty is applied, leaving the Grut with an attack of 2.
I'm really skeptical about the former interpretation having any weight or precedent. The way I look at it, its 1 + 3 - 2 = 1, not 1 - 2 = 1, then 1 + 3 = 4. You can't apply bonuses for a single attack at separate times--you have to do it all at once.

Don't you?

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades

Last edited by capsocrates; April 21st, 2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: clarity
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:43 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I'm really skeptical about the former interpretation having any weight or precedent. The way I look at it, its 1 + 3 - 2 = 1, not 1 - 2 = 1, then 1 + 3 = 4. You can't apply bonuses for a single attack at separate times--you have to do it all at once.

Don't you?
With subtraction you can't apply them all at once-order of operations counts, which is why imposing a minimum the way it does creates a problem.

And there is no precendent specifically for this situation. There is a "no rolling fewer than 0 dice" rule, but it's a general rule, and is therefore applied post-effects, allowing modification into the negative for dice rolls (Venocs attacked by Zelrig, or example).

Intuitively, I agree with you guys, but mathematically and legally, the way Gor'Vath's written 1-2=1 is valid.

Old April 21st, 2012, 09:46 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death!

If that stipulation was dropped, the figure would work IMO...
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:50 PM

That's probably true, but then many figures would have an attack of 0 when engaged to Gor'Vath, which would probably require a reassessment of his price.

I understand why a minimum was included, unfortunately it gums up the works quite a bit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs