Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 17th, 2012, 01:08 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Someone can explain to me why C3V have the absolute priority over SoV?

C3V just picks every figurine which could fit with Heroscape.
"Oh look, a cool figure! Project! No matter if we already have 20 projects not finished yet!" In my opinion, it's not an attitude of professionnals...

You post a custom, 2 possibilities:
-the figure is not avalaible enough or don't fit with Heroscape
-the C3V already have a project on this figures

I think we can go faster if C3V and SoV advance together and not with C3V blocking SoV all the time.

Just sayin...
I won't say much because I don't want to tip the hand about any upcoming units, but suffice it to say that, C3V and SoV work extremely close with each other. Most of the SoV judges are part of the C3V and all of them have access to what is going on in C3V.

In this instance, C3V has had a unit in development for quite a while and we were on the cusp of announcing it when the nomination was made.

The decision made was based on these things:
1) A lot of work had already gone into the C3V unit for the purposes of C3V. I'm not saying a lot of work didn't go into the nominated custom, but that work would have been done whether the SoV existed or not, so the work on the nominated custom wasn't done just for the SoV.

2) It is a lot of work and time to playtest a unit. The C3V unit will already be undergoing extensive playtesting. It doesn't make much sense to let units in the SoV backlog languish there while we test a unit that already has that mini going through playtesting elsewhere when both projects are aiming for the same result- a unit that fits the canon of scape. Why playtest both designs when only one can fit in the canon for the purpose of SoV/C3V and when there are a lot of designs waiting for testing already in the SoV?

Maybe spend some time in the SoV/C3V subforum and you will see that the C3V isn't blocking SoV. Both projects are working hand in hand to bring out balanced and canon-worthy designs.

Also, you created a false dilemma with your 2 possibilities in nominating a custom. There are 4, not 2 possibilities...
1. The figure is not available enough or doesn't fit in HS
2. The C3V already has one in advanced development (again, I won't say much, but you make a very wrong assumption with your originally broad statement)
OR
3. The figure passes to review, is extensively playtested and doesn't become an official SoV unit.
4. The figure passes to review, is extensively playtested and becomes an official SoV unit.

Thank you for your zeal for SoV, BTW.

EDIT:
Wow, double ninja'd. That is what I get for going to stack firewood while in the middle of typing a post.
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:44 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

I would like to re-nominate Clyemne:

Changes from the previous version:
  • Passing Slash has been completely re-worded, and has been checked against powers such as A Coward's Reward and Disengage.
  • The attack bonus granted by Captain's Assault has been moved into its own power, Ashran Fury. This makes both Clyemne's theme and the power itself more obvious.
Clyemne plays in exactly the same manner that she had previously. As for the rest of the nomination, Tiranx's original nomination is much better than any I could write, so I'll place that below:

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:48 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I like Clyemne, so I vote YES to review

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

to reviewing DeathDoom's Clyemne. Nifty, thematic package, and it goes well with the mini.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Double posting:

@ Foudzing:
Again, I *love* seeing posts from 'Scape fans from overseas.

Others have said what I'm about to say, but here is my own anyway:

Neither the C3V or the SoV is "in charge" of the other. They work very hard together to make sure both projects do exactly what they set out to do: The SoV embraces the best of the best community customs, the C3V makes its own in a private workshop.

They communicate to make sure they do the best job they can, together. Every judge on the SoV is also in the C3V, and the Executive Review Board of the C3V is Mmirg, Zaphod, Nyys, and myself.

So the SoV is very well represented inside the C3V.

Does that help?

= =
Old February 17th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I like how Captain's Assault sets up Ashran Fury, and how Passing Slash will make an opponent think twice about attacking Clyemne when she disengages (but she doesn't have the full benefit of Disengage).

I vote YES to review DeathDoom's Clyemne.

@Foudzing-I know this has already been largely covered, but just to throw my in: when the C3V and the SoV began really getting up and running both projects realized that working in tandem was much more valuable to the community and the future of Fanscape than working opposed, and there was a LOT of behind-the-scenes work that went in to making sure both projects were compatible and equal. There are very clear and explicit guidelines that were agreed upon to keep it that way. I appreciate your concern, but rest assured that it's not an issue.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old February 18th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Very nice rewrite, DeathDoom. I worry a tad about the price and the reverse bonding, but this unit looks solid enough to take for a run on the boards. Thanks for sharing her with us.

I vote YES to review DeathDoom's Clyemne.
Old February 18th, 2012, 07:19 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I vote YES to review DeathDoom's Clyemne!

Great job on rewording!
I Think I'm going to have to make the time to get a game in with her tomorrow.
Old February 18th, 2012, 07:32 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun

I really like Clyemne. I think the community is in most need of (a) new squads; and (b) heroes that enhance existing but underpowered squads. Clyemne looks to do the latter well.

Pure TheoryScaping here... I'd be tempted to bump her price 10 points or so. But will be interested to see what others think after she's been put through the hoops.

Now would somebody please make an SoV-worthy hero who makes the Roman Archers viable? And the Einar Imperium?
Old February 18th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
I really like Clyemne. I think the community is in most need of (a) new squads; and (b) heroes that enhance existing but underpowered squads. Clyemne looks to do the latter well.

Pure TheoryScaping here... I'd be tempted to bump her price 10 points or so. But will be interested to see what others think after she's been put through the hoops.

Now would somebody please make an SoV-worthy hero who makes the Roman Archers viable?
Challenge accepted.
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:13 PM

... without bonding?

= =
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:16 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
... without bonding?
Well, I assume you'd do it simply!

Simplicity
When a figure you control within 4 spaces of _____ attacks with a special attack, you may choose to ignore the ability text and only use the range and attack values for that attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs