Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 15th, 2012, 05:26 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
William099 much better looking card. And thank you for clarifying how you use Fatigue but, their does need to be a change in wording if Rage is to not always be activated...more like Siege.

I agree with 1Mmirg and don't like or think I would enjoy using the fatigue mechanic.

I vote NO to review Rorshack.
Well thank you all anyways!
I copied Crag of Steel almost word for word when I made Rorshack's Rage ability that rage only lasts for the duration of round and the revealing of a numbered and X OM is what it took to turn it on. Thank you all for considering him.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Greater Ice Elemental...
in THE GHOST SHIP
Old January 16th, 2012, 10:56 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am back again with my fourth submission for the Soldiers of Valhalla. This time I present the Buccaneers of the Endless Sea.

• The figures are the Githyanki Gish and Mindslicer from Savage Encounters and the Githyanki Warrior from Dangerous Delves. They are all the same size scale wize. Aslo the Gish figure does have a sword sheath behind his back, so they all are similiarly armed. An alterate scuplt would be the Githyanki Fighter from Archfiends. I haven't seen the Fighter compared to the others, so I couldn't speak to how it compares with the others.
  • Availibilty for the figures breaks down like this:
    • Githyanki Gish
      34 @ $0.79 with Auggies
      49 from abPrices.com between $1 to $3
      83 total average price $2
    • Githyanki Mindslicer
      69 @ $2.99 with Auggies
      51 from abPrices.com between $2.55 and $4
      120 total average price $3
    • Githyanki Warrior
      6 @ $3.79 with Auggies
      32 from abPrices.com between $3.50 to $5
      22 from eBay with Top Rated sellers between $3.75 and $6. 60 total average price $4.50
    • Githyanki Fighter
      3 @ $3.79 with Auggies
      88 from abPrices.com between $3.50 and $5
      91 total average price $4.50
  • Mixing and matching the three scuplts would yield over 100 squads with a min price per squad of $7.05 plus shipping per squad and a max price per squad of $14 plus shipping per squad. Availibilty is borderline, but they are a high-priced common squad. At most I don't think someone would use more than 4 squads. I would probably only use 3 squads.
  • For those you are not familiar with D&D lore, the Gith were once enslaved by Mindflayers or Ilithids (same creatures its just they have an oridinary name and a fancy name). They eventually broke free from their masters, but their people were divided into two groups by an ideologicaly difference in their leaders. The Githzerai became monks and lived in the Chaos realm. The Githyanki became sailors and pirates and lived in the astral realm. The Bucaneers of the Endless Sea are githyanki which is why they are militaristic pirates.
  • Gith have telekinetic powers which are why they can charge to one another. Pirates by nature of what they do are opportunistic, so they will strike their foes when they are at their weakest.
  • The Buccaneers of the Endless Sea are closest to the Kozuke Samurai. Both have conditional movement of 8 and can have 3 attacks of 5. However, the Kozuke always have attack of 5 whereas the Bucs attack power is conditional. The Kozuke also have Counter Strike, so 90 points is a fair price for this shock troop squad.
  • They fight their best at the end of the round or against bonding armies with multiple heroes. They fall quickly to sustain ranged attacks, but then other than the Krav and Phantom Knights what does stand up to sustain ranged attacks?
Anyway, this is a fun squad with a high tactical punch offset with a high price for a common squad.

Last edited by Super Bogue; January 16th, 2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Ha, I caught a typo this time.
Old January 16th, 2012, 11:20 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

It's really a shame that Super Bogue didn't include any information about the availability of the figures.

Last edited by dok; January 16th, 2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Q9 does OK against sustained ranged attacks, too
Old January 17th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Rorshack by William099 has received 3 NO votes to review (1Mmirg, Dad_Scaper, qt.bangerang) and is removed from the process.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old January 17th, 2012, 07:29 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Buccaneers of the Endless Sea by Super_Bogue

First for Pirates!

Love the abilites, the stats look good, and did I say to Pirates yet?

I'm a little iffy on the availability of the Githyanki Warrior, but an alternative is listed though I would need to see it before making and sort of induction decision.

Yes to review Buccaneers of the Endless Sea.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:43 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I liked them, when I saw the card in the Gallery and the in the C3FG...so absolutely...Yes to review Buccaneers of the Endless Sea.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I'm more tentative in my praise or enthusiasm for these guys, but I do think this squad has promise. I like the ideas and concepts (not so sure about adding a +2 to the attack or making armies that rely on single OM-sources even more valuable, though it's an interesting counter to Heroes in Bonding armies).

I vote YES to review the Buccaneers.
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I'm more tentative in my praise or enthusiasm for these guys, but I do think this squad has promise. I like the ideas and concepts (not so sure about adding a +2 to the attack or making armies that rely on single OM-sources even more valuable, though it's an interesting counter to Heroes in Bonding armies).

I vote YES to review the Buccaneers.
I love the theme but there's a lot going on here that could be problematic.

Like Mmirg, I'll offer a moderately enthusiastic .

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old January 17th, 2012, 01:30 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree with IMmrig and D_S with the possible problems of +2 attack and a possible move of 8 with a common squad. But I too will offer a

I vote Yes to review the Buccaneers.
Old January 17th, 2012, 01:51 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Voicing my concerns, as well, with a common squad with a potential move of 8 and a potential attack of 5. I am with DS, qt, and 1Mmirg.

to review the Buccaneers, but with a sceptically raised eyebrow.
Old January 17th, 2012, 05:58 PM

Sam knows what's in an order marker Sam knows what's in an order marker

This is my younger brother, Roan, posting:

I would like to nominate dok's Zog.

Balance
Spoiler Alert!

Playability
Spoiler Alert!

Creativity
Spoiler Alert!

Theme
Spoiler Alert!

Accessibility
Spoiler Alert!

Thank you for considering my nomination.
Old January 17th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That right there is a good custom.

to reviewing dok's Zog.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs