Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 4th, 2012, 09:15 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Two NO votes mean its automatically removed. Please keep in mind that some discussion is expected but workshopping of a submission should be done elsewhere.
Alright. Thank you all for considering the card.
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:51 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
I understand the concerns with Beat Down but I'm not willing to change to intent of the power. I can certainly work on the wording. The Pulverizers are punchers. If they hit someone with a weak defense, then they can punch again. But if they hit a knight or granite guardian with strong defense, then they are basically stung from striking the harder armor and cannot punch again. That's how I want the power to work, but the suggested changes would alter that. I know that the wording is chunky but I don't want to change the intent.
I actually like the intent a lot, and when I made my suggetion I did think that this wasn't meant to be effective against units like the knights. The current wording I think is a bit clunky, otherwise I do like what you're going for with it.

Might we worth shooting a PM to one of our resident wordsmiths to see if they can help.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14

Last edited by nyys; January 4th, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Two NO votes mean its automatically removed. Please keep in mind that some discussion is expected but workshopping of a submission should be done elsewhere.
Actually, that's only true at the review stage. A card can still reach review with two "no to review" votes - athough, obviously, that card will need to flip some of those "nay" votes to "yea" votes to get inducted.
Old January 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'd like to nominate another of my customs, the Hoplitron:

The Figure is the "Dark Trooper Phase I" From the Star Wars miniatures line. It is very cheap and widely available.

The figure is large, but the base is D3-sized, so the figure fits on a single hex without rebasing. They are pretty small for a large figure, but bigger than the Ice Troll for sure.

Shield Push is a variation on many other movement powers. Note that
  1. it can be used on both friends and foes, and
  2. it "moves" the figure one space - it does not place the figure. So you cannot move the figure up a level, only same-level or down, and you can't move a figure onto heavy snow or slippery ice.
Melee Soulborg Bonding is another wyrmling-style bonding power. The only figures that are currently available to bond with the Hoplitron this way are other Hoplitrons, Major X17, and DW7k. I have designed another figure with this same power, and another melee soulborg hero, but neither of those are really necessary to evaluate this figure.

I haven't found these guys to be effective bread and butter figures en masse, but they are handy as shock troops to deliver a few big hits and clear a choke point on a map. They also tend to work better when mixed in with small/medium figures, so they can push their allies forward as well as push their enemies back. Their large immunities also make them useful in armies with small/medium figures.

Thanks in advance to the judges for considering my design.
Old January 9th, 2012, 01:22 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the love for Major X17 and for the use as filler in an army with Blastatrons. The only things that I don't like is that (1) they are Champions...they look more like guards to me, but being champions might be good because the Warden could boost if they were guards. (2) they may be on the cheap side at 35 points with the bonding and A/D of 4/6. But I would like to try them out.

I vote YES to review.
Old January 9th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

No offense dok but I think your idea of "very cheap and widely available" varies a lot from mine. I don't even see 40 of those out there which for a common hero is a very low.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 9th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I've been thinking about these guys on and off all day. There is a lot squeezed in there for 35 points, and I have some concern about how they'd play with Raelin. I was already on the fence about these guys when I saw robbdaman's post and looked for myself.

I don't see their sweet spot at ~2/army or anything like that; certainly if I were to invest in them I'd be considering fielding 4-5 at least. Which draws my attention to availability.

I'm going to the Hoplitrons, with many thanks to dok for sharing this excellent unit with us.

The good news (well, not good for dok, except insofar as it's good for everyone) is that I finally got Heroscape back on the table & I've been playtesting Filthy's Priscus.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old January 9th, 2012, 03:44 PM

DS, I would think that a high-defense, low-life melee figure would be close to the antithesis of a figure that gets a disproportionate boost from Raelin.
Quote:
No offense dok but I think your idea of "very cheap and widely available" varies a lot from mine. I don't even see 40 of those out there which for a common hero is a very low.
It's not anywhere close to that low of an availability level.

If you only follow all the links on abprices, not counting the international shipping one, I get 138 available, all for less than $2 per mini (the $9.59 is for 12 of them). The ebay links are from highly reputable sources like strikezone and T&T, not fly-by-night ops by any stretch, so I'm inclined to count them.

I was able to find over a dozen more with a simple google shopping search, too. I would say these guys are cheap and widely available by any reasonable measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
they may be on the cheap side at 35 points with the bonding and A/D of 4/6.
Their base stats and per-figure cost are fairly comparable to the Minions. They get large figure immunities and the shield push, but they give up flying and an activation.

Last edited by dok; January 9th, 2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old January 9th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

(a) Dok, I am not going to go behind the numbers on abprices. I'm just not. So thank you for expanding on it; that's helpful.

(b) My sense was Raelin would protect them from range and allow them to close to the battlefront with a DW-like defense (and vulnerability), where they would be dangerous.

You may be right about my theoryscaping. My vote was based primarily on availability, which was calculated based on the link you provided. I'll reconsider, based on this additional information. Consider my withdrawn; please in the future just let us know the availability rather than (or along with) the abprices link.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old January 9th, 2012, 08:15 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
DS, I would think that a high-defense, low-life melee figure would be close to the antithesis of a figure that gets a disproportionate boost from Raelin.
Quote:
It's not anywhere close to that low of an availability level.

If you only follow all the links on abprices, not counting the international shipping one, I get 138 available, all for less than $2 per mini (the $9.59 is for 12 of them). The ebay links are from highly reputable sources like strikezone and T&T, not fly-by-night ops by any stretch, so I'm inclined to count them.

I was able to find over a dozen more with a simple google shopping search, too. I would say these guys are cheap and widely available by any reasonable measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
they may be on the cheap side at 35 points with the bonding and A/D of 4/6.
Their base stats and per-figure cost are fairly comparable to the Minions. They get large figure immunities and the shield push, but they give up flying and an activation.

Ok with knowledge that one site is selling in bundles of 12; I see about 100. But unless someone buys them with intent to give some of them away we are down to 40+ that most people will buy and 60 that only 5 people will buy.

Spoiler Alert!

I also agree with Dad-Scaper that the sweet spot for this design is about 4. The numbers are a little low for this sweet spot, but close enough to consider reviewing

I have to give this information more thought.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Last edited by ZBeeblebrox; January 9th, 2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: (and order a 12 pack of robots, because that is a good deal ;)
Old January 9th, 2012, 08:29 PM

funny; the stocks keep dropping as we discuss... some of those definitely fell from this morning. Coincidence?

Last edited by dok; January 10th, 2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: I did double-count some ebay sales, though, which accounts for ~half of the difference in our counts.
Old January 9th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
and order a 12 pack of robots, because that is a good deal
Heh.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs