Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 29th, 2011, 02:20 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Zettian Infantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalu View Post
1) I was thinking that Circuitry Overload could be used against:
  • Counter Strike
  • Evil Eye Defense (Gurei-Oni)
  • Evil Eye Protection (Torin)
  • Arcane Riposte (Sharwin Wildborn)
Is there a reason why they aren't in the list ?
You're right! I've pointed that out before, but forgot about it when I made the book.

Quote:
2) As you pointed out for Poison Weapons (Deepwyrm Drow), I think that all subsequent wounds inflicted by Mortal Strike (Master of the Hunt) would be subject to Circuitry Replacement.
It's also a special power which modifies an attack, but it's not an attack.
(Of course, the only case to consider for now would be a MotH inflicting 1 wound to Warden and then rolling a skull with Mortal Strike)
Correct again! And correct that, currently, the Warden is the only case where this matters.

Quote:
3) You have forgotten to check the C3V figures: Opportunity Strike (Zogross) should be added to the list.

Comments:
Circuitry Overload doesn't work against Rail Gun (Zaeus).
Zaeus is a perfect counterdraft against Soulborg Hero(es) + Zettian Infantry: killing a ZI adjacent to DW9000 with Rail Gun could also kill DW9000 !
I did quickly look through the C3V figures, but forgot about Opportunity Strike for some reason. I did think about the powerful potential of Rail Gun against these guys.

Quote:
I will update the book of Kira Jax because Exploit Weakness can be used to negate Circuitry Overload before attacking a Soulborg Hero adjacent to a ZI.
I did consider this as well - it's true that she can turn off Circuitry Replacement, but given that she doesn't have any way to wound a figure aside from attacking, it's not relevant in this case. I suppose if you're playing a C3G/C3V mixed game, and Kira negated the ZIs, then attacked Warden 816, who was moved by Angel, and then a Nakita got an engagement strike on 816 where he landed, but 816 was next to a ZI, then it would matter. OK, now my brain hurts...
Old December 29th, 2011, 02:30 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
I will update the book of Kira Jax because Exploit Weakness can be used to negate Circuitry Overload before attacking a Soulborg Hero adjacent to a ZI.
I did consider this as well - it's true that she can turn off Circuitry Replacement, but given that she doesn't have any way to wound a figure aside from attacking, it's not relevant in this case. I suppose if you're playing a C3G/C3V mixed game, and Kira negated the ZIs, then attacked Warden 816, who was moved by Angel, and then a Nakita got an engagement strike on 816 where he landed, but 816 was next to a ZI, then it would matter. OK, now my brain hurts...
Yes, Kira can negate Circuitry Overload, but in all (normal) cases, it will not help.
Old December 29th, 2011, 02:55 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dalu again.
Thanks for all your work in helping with our *Books*. You rock!!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 29th, 2011, 10:48 PM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

This is a great squad - the best Super Battledroid squad I've ever seen. I hate to beat a dead horse, but they really are a highly recognizable Star Wars creation. They're all over Episode 3, the Animated series and the Clone Wars. They even talk in Episode 3, holding R2D2 hostage until he does that neat little "go go gadget oil slick" trick. There are a lot of these minis available since they were a SWM common. If you find something less recognizable, it might be better.

Not one step backwards!
Old December 29th, 2011, 11:21 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Pre-painted plastic minis are not always readily available, so we agreed of all the "Star Wars" droids, these were the least recognizable. I realize there are going to be Fanboys out there who are going to protest, but we have use what is available and meets our criteria and these did.

As a huge Star Wars fan myself, I can look past their likeness for the betterment of Fanscape, but that is for each individual to decide.

These are the figures that were approved for this card, if you find something else you like; feel free to proxy, especially if you like dok's design. But we cannot guarantee a Tournament Director of a C3V/SoV event will except your proxies.

-ZB

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 29th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
But we cannot guarantee a Tournament Director of a C3V/SoV event will except your proxies.
Right, because there is no official structure, but certainly a polite inquiry to your local TD ahead of time has a good chance of yielding a positive response.

Anyway. To each his own. I would love for everyone to think these guys are as great as I do, but I certainly understand if some people are not, for whatever reason, happy with the mini.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 30th, 2011, 01:08 AM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

How recognizable these guys are to you is going to vary. When I made the squad, I didn't remember them from the movies at all. When I (half-)watched the movies again more recently, of course I noticed them every time they showed up... which is not all the time, but they are in a few scenes.

At the end of the day, there just aren't a ton of options for soulborg common squads.
Old December 30th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
How recognizable these guys are to you is going to vary. When I made the squad, I didn't remember them from the movies at all. When I (half-)watched the movies again more recently, of course I noticed them every time they showed up... which is not all the time, but they are in a few scenes.

At the end of the day, there just aren't a ton of options for soulborg common squads.
I find them quite recognizable, but I personally find it cool to have Super Battle Droids in Heroscape. Now to get some of them...

Old December 30th, 2011, 10:41 AM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Hi !

I don't go on this forum very often, but I am an active member of the french forum that you may know because of Dalu !

We noticed something : Would Sujoah's Poison Sting Special Attack be subject to Circuitry Replacement ? If Poison Weapon is, I guess it's okay...

The thing is that it could be considered part of a special attack, but it is not the attack itself that inflicts the additional wound, it is a special power that is ''added to it''.

My interpretation is probably wrong but whatever.
Old December 30th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
The only issue I have with this guys is that they are very recognizable figure from Star Wars. They don't seem to mesh well to me.
Yeah, it is the same with me for:
  • Syvarris (Legolas in LotR)
  • Agent Carr (Samual Jackson/Nick Shield)
  • KMA (Matrix agents)
  • Nakitas (Charlie's Angels)
  • Quasatch Hunters (Harry and the Hendersons)
  • Weston Knights (Excalibur)
...But I use them anyways.

As a big Warden 816 fan, I have enjoyed these guys since I first saw the card. Repulsors love them, too.
Old December 30th, 2011, 11:23 AM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I hate to beat a dead horse, but they really are a highly recognizable Star Wars creation. ...There are a lot of these minis available since they were a SWM common. If you find something less recognizable, it might be better.
While recognizable, and from my perspective a bit slender compared to Heroscape soulborgs, the fact that they are available in good quantity is far preferable to having no additional soulborgs. There simply aren't many options for sci-fi themed figures currently in reasonable quantities particularly with multiple sculpts.
Old December 30th, 2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simval View Post
We noticed something : Would Sujoah's Poison Sting Special Attack be subject to Circuitry Replacement ? If Poison Weapon is, I guess it's okay...

The thing is that it could be considered part of a special attack, but it is not the attack itself that inflicts the additional wound, it is a special power that is ''added to it''.

My interpretation is probably wrong but whatever.
As you say, the poison wounding in Sujoah's and Estivara's special attacks is part of the attack. So Circuitry Replacement does not apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Repulsors love them, too.
They don't love Repulsors back, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs