Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 20th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of The Hood ~~ Playtesting Phase!

I think the major thing to avoid is having one extremely synergistic army going against a mish mash army. If they're both mishmash armies, it evens out a bit.
But, if the unit has a bunch of clear synergies, we'd like to see them in action, but it only makes sense to do so against another army with lots of synergies, otherwise it's just going to be a steamroll and we won't learn very much.
So, in summary:

Mishmash vs. Mishmash = fine
Synergy vs. Synergy = excellent
Synergy vs. Mishmash = not ideal

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 20th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Plenty of people play Mishmash armies though, and in a blind game where you don't know what your opponent is bringing, mishmash VS Synergy is very likely to happen. So I think some Mishmash VS Synergy is very acceptable and will offer results that can contribute to a final conclusion.
Too much of any one type of testing is probably not good for the scope of things.

I am not really pleased with any direction that will dictate too much how people playtest, because if playtesting stays optional and organic, it will better simulate natural games that are also optional and organic.
Old November 20th, 2011, 01:01 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Here is a nice thread to help find some armies at various point ranges. At some point perhaps we can get some 800 point armies in there as well. If nothing else, it can help get an idea of some armies that people use together or think will have some kind of use together. Heck, you can even take one of the 600 point armies and add a big Heavy Hitter that doesn't really fit, but can be a beast.
Those don't use new figures. I wanted to use new figures, because I was excited about their release. I've used vigilantes and insane figures so much in testing that I'm sick of them. Lanterns are kind of boring to me. Etc...

I didn't know it'd be such a big deal. I'm sorry. Next time I can use Fan Four and such since I do suck at army building.

But anyway, we still need one more test on The Hood, so...
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Those don't use new figures. I wanted to use new figures, because I was excited about their release. I've used vigilantes and insane figures so much in testing that I'm sick of them. Lanterns are kind of boring to me. Etc...

I didn't know it'd be such a big deal. I'm sorry. Next time I can use Fan Four and such since I do suck at army building.

But anyway, we still need one more test on The Hood, so...
I totally understand where you are coming from here. Everytime I go home, I try to get a few games in with the various units the Sanctum has completed since I left.

Since you yourself just said you suck at Army Building, why not bump that thread after a release and see what people think about synergetic army builds for the units of that release.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Don't concern yourself about it anymore LP, just do your thing and have fun with it. This is only a custom project for a game and not really that important not to have fun with. I was out of line to make some comments I made and for that I apologize.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 20th, 2011, 04:06 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just to be clear, it wasn't that I had a problem with your tests (which seemed fine), but more with your conclusion that The Hood was out-of-balance because his team won handily both times.

My point being that his team probably won handily both times because they (more than likely) had more tactical flexibility due to synergy. If anything, I'd say that the games came as close as they did (and really, the Hood didn't come out clean of either of them) that 180 actually looked somewhat solid.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old November 20th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
My point being that his team probably won handily both times because they (more than likely) had more tactical flexibility due to synergy. If anything, I'd say that the games came as close as they did (and really, the Hood didn't come out clean of either of them) that 180 actually looked somewhat solid.
You can interpret stuff based on the info given. If a synergetic dominated a non-synergetic army, I don't think that should be real shocker too us.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old November 20th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, but it's definitely easier to get a feel for cost from limited playtests when we're not dealing with a situation where army builds seem like they might account for the wins or losses instead of the unit we're testing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 20th, 2011, 04:24 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Quote:
Just to be clear, it wasn't that I had a problem with your tests (which seemed fine), but more with your conclusion that The Hood was out-of-balance because his team won handily both times.

I said this a couple times. The Hood seems out of balance because he seemed better than Kingpin. I'd rather have put markers on The Hood or the Thugs to bond with The Hood, than to put them on Kingpin. I was comparing Hood to Kingpin, not to the other army.
Old November 20th, 2011, 05:19 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:

I said this a couple times. The Hood seems out of balance because he seemed better than Kingpin. I'd rather have put markers on The Hood or the Thugs to bond with The Hood, than to put them on Kingpin. I was comparing Hood to Kingpin, not to the other army.
Well, they're slightly different. True, Hood can have more offensive potential, but Kingpin is a bit more reliable. Also, Kingpin has more bonding options (including Assassins, other Criminal squads besides the thugs, etc).

As far as wanting to put more OMs on The Hood when they were in the same army, well, I don't really think that's a huge thematic fail. The Hood tends to fall a bit more into the 'Underboss' category when around some of the bigger criminal names in the Marvel universe, so I absolutely see Kingpin sitting back and saying, "Parker, go whittle down the enemy's numbers a bit before I get out there." Then if Hood happens to fall (or become possessed), Fisk is still there to clean up the mess. That sounds great to me, and a fine strategy. Honestly, I'm not sure why you would want to draft Hood and Kingpin in the same army until you reach 1,000 points anyway, since they kind of fill the same role. And that's fine. You can go for a more offensive approach that's a bit less reliable in Parker, or a slower, heavier, absolutely reliable hitter in Kingpin.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:20 PM

warlordofthewolves is surprisingly tart

Playtest complete for the Hood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlordofthewolves
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT The Hood.

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass.

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 180.
- Give a brief overview. The Hood did awesome! He killed Swamp Thing and wounded several other figures severely. His specials didnít really do too much, but I could have used them better.
Map: Martian War Zone: The Heat.
Units: The Hood, Ventriloquist, Two-Face, Street Thugs x2, Killer Croc, and Black Mask (850) vs. Flash, Invisible Woman, Iceman, and Swamp Thing (850).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 180 or maybe a little less.
- Give a brief overview. The hood did fine. His powers worked better this time. He one-shotted Batman which gave him his point value easily. He died rather quickly to Superman though.
Map: Martian War Zone: The Heat.
Units: The Hood, Ventriloquist, Kingpin, and Two-Face (620) vs. Superman I and Batman I (600).
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

From that test I'm liking 190-200. WotW thought 180 or maybe a little less would be fit for him, but I'm still thinking that he's worth more. In both games, especially the second one, he earned his points worth.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library