Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 4th, 2011, 11:56 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Of course, thoroughly playtesting a unit can be a time consuming process.
I can only imagine. My experience is that testing a unit takes considerably more time than testing a map. Curious if that's a common feeling.
Old October 4th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Sorry, samuelfrost, but I'm not going to work-shop him here. The decisions about what to put on the table are up to you.

Edit: @Typhon-Units take waaay more tests than maps, in my experience.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old October 5th, 2011, 12:02 AM

samuelfrost4 knows what's in an order marker samuelfrost4 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Sorry, samuelfrost, but I'm not going to work-shop him here. The decisions about what to put on the table are up to you.

Ok Thanks though! I shall once again withdraw my custom. You will probably be seeing him come your way sometime in the next week. But I have one question. If I came up with a story that just kind of explains his appearance or just a story for fun, should I post that with him next time?

Get an Avatar just like mine here!
- SamuelFrost4's customs here!
Old October 5th, 2011, 12:09 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Of course, thoroughly playtesting a unit can be a time consuming process.
I can only imagine. My experience is that testing a unit takes considerably more time than testing a map. Curious if that's a common feeling.
I agree. I generally feel like there's a set of matchups I can run on a map that will sniff out most issues. With customs it's just a lot harder to get conclusions from a small set of games.

This is part of the reason I've started to use computer simulations more in balancing my customs. It doesn't replace testing, of course, but it augments it.
Old October 5th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

In the past, samuelfrost, some people have posted things about the theme they were trying to capture with their creations.

It doesn't always help...

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old October 5th, 2011, 12:12 AM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelfrost4 View Post
Ok Thanks though! I shall once again withdraw my custom. You will probably be seeing him come your way sometime in the next week. But I have one question. If I came up with a story that just kind of explains his appearance or just a story for fun, should I post that with him next time?
That's up to you, too. As you have experienced, sometimes it can bite you, but I've also seen it help.

Old October 5th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Yup. I'll sign off on that. I've done the BoV for a while now. And it can be time-intensive, but the SoV has been worse, no question.

That said, I'm liking the units I'm testing now (no, I can't tell you which they are). I hope I'll be able to vote on them soon. Once I get past my surgery and am feeling better, I hope to finally push those units through their last paces and put up a vote.
Old October 5th, 2011, 04:34 PM

The Book of the Zombie Hulk has been moved to the C3V & SoV subforum, and that is where future SoV Books will go, as well.

The SoV Nomination and Discussion thread (this thread) is staying here in the general Customs forum.

Old October 5th, 2011, 04:41 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
The SoV Nomination and Discussion thread (this thread) is staying here in the general Customs forum.
Oh that's good news. Only place for it.
Old October 10th, 2011, 06:35 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

OK, I have ahd a chance to give Filthy the Clown's Priscus a go around.

First, as far as his cost goes, in one-on-one matches with similar costed heroes, Priscus consistently lost. However, rather than make me think this meant he was overcosted, it made me think he is priced about right. His Taste of Freedom power is a big part of his cost and in one-on-one matches it is a wasted power. So, if he was able to beat other 100 point heroes when his "big" ability can't even be used it would have meant he was probably undercosted. In army vs. army match ups, his usefulness came through wonderfully but still created a great need for strategic placement and OM use so he wasn't too easy to use which I think helps keep him in the 100 point price range.

As far as playability, I love this guy against a rat screen. Even though he can only attack one at a time, since his Grapple is a SA he has a good chance of taking a rat out without triggering Scatter. This is especially useful since his Gladiator Class and ToF ability pretty much dictate that he will be in a melee (gladiator) core army for whom rats are a great nemesis. Against other melee core armies he really shined. Both of his abilities were very valuable in these cases. The Capuan Glads benefitted greatly from hus presence. Against range core armies, he fared as well as any other melee hero would be expected to do.

With Gladiator Bonding from the Capuans, it was somewhat easy to keep Priscus adjacent to at least 2 Capuans most of the time, especially if it was a smaller point army and you didn't have Spartacus crying for an OM. Taste of Freedom gives the Capuans a great offensive boost but with their 3 defense it was s till a challenge to get them into the action when facing a range heavy army. But, for 100 points for Priscus, this is as it should be.

As far as availability, it is shaky. I was able to find 40+- figs available. i would really like to have 50+ available. Since Priscus is a unique hero, though, I am willing to give a little on this (especially since when he was nominated back in MARCH, availability was much better).

Usability, fun factor, and costing are all great. He gives other options for a lower costed Gladiator army build. Availability is acceptable. So, I vote YES to induct Priscus into Soldiers of Valhalla.
Old October 10th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Well, as many of you know, I'm going into surgery tomorrow and am not sure exactly how long I'll be out (but hopefully not too long and hopefully it's not too serious).

But before I go, since things are a bit clogged and I'm part of that, I want to offer two votes:

I vote YES to accept Tyrian into the SoV.

I think he plays to his theme perfectly, he is a lot of fun, he may be a bit overcosted (but that's good--a ranged flier is tough match, so better a bit high), but all in all, I think he is a great addition.

He looks just like a Promo from Gencon--a great repaint of a solid original sculpt. And I wish I had an extra that I could really paint well enough to be Tyrian. A fun and fair unit, imo.

---

I also vote YES to accept the Zettian Infantry into the SoV.

These guys are a great addition to the game, making Deathwalkers and the Warden more fun to play. Honestly, I think they may be a tad overpriced as well, but, as I said above, that is good. They are fun, without being broken. With such a short range, relatively low base stats, etc., they make a nice addition to the game.

Yeah, the sculpts aren't the best ever (but thankfully they are cheap and available) and in the end you still have Deathwalker rolls getting in your way. (I'm glad that the Circuitry Replacement is carefully worded to only trigger from special powers and not attacks of any kind. I'd hate to have lost the high-risk feel of Deathwalkers.) But these guys are, again, fun and fair.

--

Nice work, guys, on two excellent units, imo.
Old October 10th, 2011, 09:30 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Hope the surgery goes well, V.

I don't want to presume the votes of the last judges, but there's decent odds that the Zombie Hulk will have some company soon!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs