Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 20th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Two days and no love for my card?

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old September 20th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I vote to reviewing Tickle's 77th Infantry Soldier.

Support Unit and Noble Sacrifice open the door to this guy operating as traveling armor for eligible heroes.

They have a good threat range and very useful special abilities. That's a lot going on at 30 points.

My concern about them before was that they were complex; with the addition of Support Unit they are even moreso with the additional drawback of, as I said, being walking armor for your Soldier heroes.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; September 20th, 2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: fixing stuff
Old September 20th, 2011, 10:50 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

tcglkn's 77th Infantry Soldier
I am still not certain how much use Noble Sacrifice may be with the Soldier units we presently have, but it is an auxilliary power now rather than a main one. With Support Unit, it definitely makes this unit a playable unit with nice OM management. I am not sure about the point cost. This unit ahs a lot going for it for only 30 points, but we'll see (maybe).

I'll vote YES to review 77th Infantry Soldier

EDIT:
ninja'd by D_S
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Split opinion so far. This will be good.

I think this guys powers actually keep his cost down. You have the tough decision of sacrificing them when they have high offensive potential, but their lower cost makes it easier to justify sacrificing them.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I echo D_S's concerns with 'traveling armor.' Drake is hard enough to kill, but now a couple of 77th can stay with him and Point Blank any footsloggers that manage to reach him.

I'm also still very underwhelmed by the mini choice. I know there may not be a lot of choices out there, but this one doens't mesh very well with Scape IMO.

No to review.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old September 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I hate to say it, Tickle, but I agree with DS and nyys. I'm afraid your took a good idea and muddled it.

Aside from what has been said, I'll add that I'm not a fan of a power like Support Unit that is really two separate powers packed under one heading. IMO, the Bonding (like the Wyrmlings) should be kept separate from the Movement Bonding. Trying to pack them both in is problematic. Though the bigger issue is the "traveling armor," no question.

Sorry, I vote NO to review the 77th.
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I have already expressed my concerns about this new version of the 77th's preliminary powerrice ratio elsewhere, and I'd like to see them get a little more hard testing before they come through here.

I vote NO to review tcgkln's 77th Infantry Division.

tcgkln's 77th Infantry Division has received 4 NO votes to review (1Mmirg, Dad_Scaper, Killometer, nyys) and is removed from the process

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old September 20th, 2011, 10:26 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Wow, I never even go a shot at voting...but I agree with my comrades, that this new version is suspect at best.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 20th, 2011, 10:53 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I like the basic changes, but it definitely needs to be playtested and refined a bit before coming here, I think.
Old September 21st, 2011, 06:42 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Going into testing of Filthy the Clown's Priscus, I had a sense of familiarity with it, having reviewed an earlier version of it for the SoV.

I found that this version played much the same as the previous version, just set at 8, instead of 10.

His slightly lower point cost helps gives the Gladiator army even more room for adding more Caps, diversifying or showing up at lower point totals.

Taste of Freedom's OM requirement still makes it difficult to stack it with Spartacus' Gladiator Inspiration, keeping the power levels in check, and requiring adjacency keeps him more in line with official Heroscape attack bonuses. It gets a slight boost over the previous version in one notable way, now aiding all friendly Gladiators, instead of just Gladiators you contol.

Grapple Special Attack gives the Capuan army a much needed SA, and its 1-die defense penalty helps cut through many commons (especially you-know-whats), and gives him a nice edge when facing a hero.

I especially like that he now has a new sculpt, as opposed to being a repaint of a (now hard to get) Capuan, and I like that the name of Priscus' SA was changed to suit the flavor of this new mini (little stuff like that can be big, imo ).

I vote YES to induct Filthy the Clown's Priscus into the Soldiers of Valhalla.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old October 1st, 2011, 09:33 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

I would like to nominate yet another one of dok's customs, the templar infantry:

The figures are from "Confrontation Lions Paladins Unit Box" and have fairly good availability online. Miniature Market probably has the best deal and currently has 60 in stock. Not to mention you receive two squads of the unit in one box. I also found the figures in less abundant supplies on other various websites as well.

Gameplay-wise the templar infantry obviously give a much needed boost to the templar cavalry. At 50 points per squad, there stats are nothing spectacular. There special abilities on the other hand grant the templar cavalry increased survivability and greater mobility. Sir Dupuis will also benefit from the "prepare the charge" ability. As the name implies, I love how both mechanically and thematically this ability sets the templar cavalry up for using their galloping charge ability. However, with only a maximum of three attacks per activation, the templar cavalry are not game-breaking. Thank you for taking the time to consider my nomination.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 12:01 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I think I have finally arrived at a decision for dok's Zettian Infantry

I don't have much to add to what my fellow judges have already said about these guys.

Probably the biggest thing that stood out to me about them was that I actually thoroughly enjoyed playing a Soulborg army with them. I don't play Soulborgs much just because of personal style and preference. These guys are making me change my mind.

They made using DWs a fun experience for me without losing the suspense that accompanies the shaking of the dice when rolling defense for a DW.

Circuitry Replacement was extremely valuable in more than one of the games I played. Without Utgar Soulborg Bonding, I don't know if Circuitry Replacement could have been as useful. I am getting to the point where I want to see more subtle synergy rather than the oft used bonding. With these guys, however, it actually serves a real purpose beyond being able to take a turn with the bonded hero- it made everything work.

I will say that without the Warden or roads, they can be a little frustrating because of their speed, but no more so than the KoW which are one of my favorite units in the game. So, that detraction isn't much of a detraction for me.

Again, the other judges have said most of what there is to be said for these guys.

I will leave you with this. If you are like me and don't typically play Soulborg armies because they don't appeal to you- the Zettian Infantry may change your mind. Give hem a try and, like me, you will probably start seeing more use out of your dusty Utgar Soulborgs.

I vote YES to induct the Zettian Infantry into the Soldiers of Valhalla

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs