Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old December 6th, 2006, 09:37 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Raudulfr Shieldcrusher's Round Dice Tower

I finished eating my snacks and I thought . . . this could make a nice dice tower . . .

Well, I needed an area for the dice to fall into so I finished off some other snacks and . . .

You can see here how I cut the bottom of the taller can to fit the shorter . . .

Then, on the inside, I made a little ramp for the dice to bounce off of . . .

Here is the paper skin before I glued it on. The skin is generated in the computer using a wall texture I found. I then printed it out on heavyweight paper and adhered it using watered down Tacky Glue . . .

The finished product!
I added some dice and my Carr repaint for scale. The tower is about 6.5 inches tall . . .

And here is a detail shot . . .

I still need to give it several coats of clear coat for protection. It makes a nice addition to my larger Infinitymax style dice tower. The 12 Valkyrie dice just fit. Plus, I had fun making it!
Old December 6th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Very cool.
Old December 6th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
That is pretty neat.

I guess I need to take my snacking up a few notches so I can make one of these . I like the round tower idea a good bit.

Good job!

smallboxgames.com
Old December 6th, 2006, 10:17 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:19 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Awesome. When I first saw it, I thought it was a joke, but then I saw the finished product and I was like wow.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice job! Thanks for the tutorial also.

Newb.
Old December 7th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Dude, that is magnificent! I love how well that paper fits on the outside! I saw where you started and figured it would be covered in snack pack graphics and duct tape, and then you go whip out the awesome!

Fantastic work. Consider me exceptionally impressed. Is it safe to assume you've got some kind of graphics training? That paper covering shows not just talent, but flat-out skill - the kind you don't get by accident.
Old December 7th, 2006, 02:03 AM

gothicrage has disabled reputation
Very very impressive, nice job.
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Dude, that is magnificent! I love how well that paper fits on the outside! I saw where you started and figured it would be covered in snack pack graphics and duct tape, and then you go whip out the awesome!

Fantastic work. Consider me exceptionally impressed. Is it safe to assume you've got some kind of graphics training? That paper covering shows not just talent, but flat-out skill - the kind you don't get by accident.
Yeah, I'm a graphic artist and photographer. Praise from you is most appreciated! I purchased Heroscape about a year before I found the the old .net site. Then I found your dice tower template and I've been customizing ever since! In fact, I have just as much fun customizing as I do playing Heroscape. My problem is finding the time to post here!
Old December 9th, 2006, 05:58 PM

theshadowfax has disabled reputation
Dude, your holding out on us! I haven't seen that before, pretty sweet. Do you think you could make a drawbridge type thing for the castle? That's the one thing that bummed me out about the castle, no drawbridge!!
-Nina
Old December 10th, 2006, 12:33 PM

geddy lifeson has disabled reputation
Very nice! I too was expecting some masking/duct tape on the finished product, but WOW. I like it a lot.

You can surrender without a prayer, but never really pray without surrender
You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win without a fight
Old December 10th, 2006, 07:57 PM

Man, you guys are easily impressed! Don't get me wrong, I looooove duct tape, but come on

A drawbridge is next on the list! Anyone got any ideas?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions