Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 12th, 2011, 09:59 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

again, to review Beakstie Boys... I want to find out.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I'd like to switch my YES vote to a NO vote for reviewing the Beakface Sneaks. I don't think Super Bogue's interpretation of the power follows the the most straight-forward interpretation of the power's wording (which is DS's interpretation). It either needs to be rewritten or allowed to work as written on the card.

Just to be clear, if DS's interpretation of the power were the intended one, then I'd switch my vote back to YES. It think it's interesting and doesn't obviously break the bank at 30 points.
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Might I suggest wording Flocking as, "After taking a turn with Eliteface Beaks, you may move two Eliteface Beaks you did not move this turn 6 spaces each."

Old August 12th, 2011, 02:09 PM

cmgames wears ripped pants of awesomeness cmgames wears ripped pants of awesomeness cmgames wears ripped pants of awesomeness cmgames wears ripped pants of awesomeness cmgames wears ripped pants of awesomeness cmgames wears ripped pants of awesomeness cmgames wears ripped pants of awesomeness cmgames wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Might I suggest wording Flocking as, "After taking a turn with Eliteface Beaks, you may move two Eliteface Beaks you did not move this turn 6 spaces each."
As I mentioned in the other thread, it should be "up to 6 spaces each". Otherwise each must move 6 spaces exactly if you choose to move it.

~Z

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?
My map thread
Old August 12th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah and again of course if a unit needs workshopping this isn't the place for it. Units need to be well thought out, preferrably well playtested and complete when submitted to SoV. Anyone that submits a unit that isn't ready wastes both their own and the judges time.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 12th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Agreed, Rob. (Though my sense here is that this power was one of those that played fine by those that knew it, but tends to run into trouble under close scrutiny by people not familiar with it. I think I (and other judges) initially read it and understood its intent, but missed the mechanical issues that DS, dok, and others noted.)

Nonetheless, I'd like to see the card go through some more review in its own thread before I offer a vote here. Seems like some good ideas and possibilities are still on the table.

Last edited by 1Mmirg; August 12th, 2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: I wonder if it could be a concidence that TW wrote almost what I would have written...
Old August 13th, 2011, 11:19 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would like to pull my nomination of the Beakface Sneaks until I have cleared up the issues with Flocking.
Old August 13th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Thanks, Super_Bogue. I think you have an excellent idea and just need to iron out some little details. Hope to see your card back here soon!
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Beakface Sneaks by Super Bogue withdrawn at designer's request.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:53 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, if you insist the CHCG24 customs are some of the customs you guys wanna see...then I have no trouble with nominating Slavi'Vaen.

Slavi'Vaen
Spoiler Alert!

Slavi does what I love. He changes the game in a way that brand new boosters do. And obviously, he does make one heck of an impact(at least for my sister)...

As a Skih(a made up race, for the purpose of no synergy), he cannot receive any synergies that would otherwise alter his cost.

Figure Used: Mindflayer Mastermind
I don't repaint things that I only have one copy of...but of course he should have a sticker on his base if you have multiple Uncommon Heroes anyways, so distinguishing him is just a simple as doing what is normal.

Weaknesses: Getting into actual battle, Perfect Warrior helps him stick around, but he's still pretty crappy as a fighter.
Possible Overpowering can occur on a large map, but maps like that are too rare to be the only factor in his pricing.

Thanks for taking the time for looking at Slavi' "Squidface" Vaen!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - Jan 5 (550 pt Melee!)
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:40 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Alright, they are back. Flocking has been fine tuned and Evasion 3 changed to Evasive 3. I am pleased to resubmit for review the Beakface Sneaks.

Last edited by Super Bogue; May 1st, 2012 at 02:12 AM. Reason: This is a sneaky little change. Changed general to Einar and race to Raptorian.
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

flameslayer's Slavi'Vaen
It reuses a sculpt for no reason I can see. The changing the d20 is *extremely* powerful, but it has to wait until round 3 to work. Interesting. In the end I'm going to because, thematically, the mindflayer sculpt is making no sense to me at all.

Super Bogue's Beakface Sneakes:
The "after they take a turn" language is exactly what they needed, in my opinion. Now I'm curious to take a look.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs