Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 17th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
More Descent RtL today. We decided to try a "house rule" with the traps. Once they were used, we didn't shuffle them back into the deck. This made my deck thinner but it also took out a bunch of auto-wounding stuff. But once again I grabbed 14 XP to the heroes measly 2. Though I just upgraded my beasts to sliver level and they had to face a dragon on the first level of the dungeon and just got torn to shreds. They eventually abandoned the dungeon and the rumor.
I'm interested to see how this campaign ends. It sounds similar to our first run where the heroes made some bad mistakes early on and were then playing from behind and could never really catch up.
Old July 17th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finished a good long game of World of Warcraft: The Adventure Game with Josh. We were pretty much equal early on, but I got some good weapon drops for my Hunter while his Mage couldn't get anything but armor and once I hit level Red, he couldn't catch up.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 17th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
Quote:
More Descent RtL today. We decided to try a "house rule" with the traps. Once they were used, we didn't shuffle them back into the deck. This made my deck thinner but it also took out a bunch of auto-wounding stuff. But once again I grabbed 14 XP to the heroes measly 2. Though I just upgraded my beasts to sliver level and they had to face a dragon on the first level of the dungeon and just got torn to shreds. They eventually abandoned the dungeon and the rumor.
I'm interested to see how this campaign ends. It sounds similar to our first run where the heroes made some bad mistakes early on and were then playing from behind and could never really catch up.
I actually think they have a sporting chance now. The tank (Trenloe the Strong) picked up some Copper Treasure Armor that gives +3, the ring of quickness, and the Copper Treasure axe with pierce 2(Dragon Tooth?). And Runehand picked up the rune that is pierce 2 for each surge and her skill is 2 free surges. So 2 of their heroes are in good shape. Of course the other 2 are still pretty weak, but at least they can pick off the weaker guys with those. So we'll see what happens from here on out.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 17th, 2011, 11:21 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
So I spent most of the day assembling the Space Hulk figures and am annoyed at how brittle the plastic is. I've lost count of how many hands, arms, claws, feet, chains, and banners I've broke along the way. Good thing for super glue...
My set was assembled shortly after the game was released in 2009. Yeah, I haven't played it yet.

--

Actually had a pretty good day of unplanned gaming today. Tried (and failed again) the 3rd adventure for Castle Ravenloft with my son and one of his friends, A quick game of Lost Cities with my wife, then I busted out a 'new one' (aka: a game I have had for a while and had yet to play), Manhattan, and we played it twice.

-insert signature here-
Old July 17th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Didn't play, but I'm working on getting my figures for Mansion of Madness painted before Gencon.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 18th, 2011, 08:13 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Quote:
So I spent most of the day assembling the Space Hulk figures and am annoyed at how brittle the plastic is. I've lost count of how many hands, arms, claws, feet, chains, and banners I've broke along the way. Good thing for super glue...
Haha, that takes me back! I broke three I believe. I remember busting the arm off the space marine pointing, breaking the old codger in the chair and I broke one other too. Yeah, the plastic is absolute garbage.
I wish I only broke three... Even with using a razor, it's tough to not accidently snap off some sort of body part.

Quote:
The wife and I celebrated our first victory over Defenders of the Realm tonight. The team of the Wizard/Ranger (mine) and the Rogue/Sorcerer (hers) killed the four enemy generals, taking them down in the order of Red, Green, Blue, Black.

Hooray for us!
Congrats! One day my girlfriend and I will be victorious... We've been successful at Pandemic, Yggdrasil, and Isle of Dr. Necreaux, but not DotR or Death Angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
My set was assembled shortly after the game was released in 2009. Yeah, I haven't played it yet.
Funny you say that because Tina was like, "Why are you wasting time assembling the figures now? You know you won't play it for another year or two." There must be something wrong with you and I, nyys...

On a side note, I played a game of Omen: A Reign of War (deckbuilding variant). At first I thought it wouldn't be as fun, because each player is limited to purchasing 10 decks, whereas in standard play you share from a deck of 24. However, I was wrong... The game is a lot of fun played this way and it certainly adds a different element to the game. Firstly, the game plays much more aggressively than the standard play. Second, it opens a whole new door to strategic thinking when deciding how to play your cards. Lastly, the game plays slightly faster because it is so aggressive. I really enjoyed this mode and I think my girlfriend and I will mix it up with both modes of play. Oh yeah! I won with the scores at 16 to 8.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old July 18th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haha, that takes me back! I broke three I believe. I remember busting the arm off the space marine pointing, breaking the old codger in the chair and I broke one other too. Yeah, the plastic is absolute garbage.
I wish I only broke three... Even with using a razor, it's tough to not accidently snap off some sort of body part.
Don't use a razor. Use these:

available here or in their stores. They are awesome for clipping any plastic model off the sprues.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 18th, 2011, 09:32 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Also got to play LNoE this morning. We were talking about "zombies" in the Bible (Matt 27:53) and of course whenever I'm able I make a game reference to scripture and then since we had a smaller than usual class we played a game. The heroes ran out of time with only 2 zombies left to kill.
Out of curiosity, what all expansions to Descent are you running beyond RtL? I know having access to feats makes a huge difference in the playability of the heroes, but I forget which expansion they come from.

I too, got in a game of LNoE last night. I played zombies and won fairly easily on Defend the Manor. The heroes had a couple of good plays, including one where the prom queen sacrificed herself to kill 8 zombies (including a Zombie Hero), but I had a card to get the zombies back on the board in a hurry. Really, they just didn't get enough weaponry before they decided to start trying to pull zombies out of the manor, which let me get the kills I needed to win.

Also got a 3 player game of MtG: Commander in that was a lot of fun. One player got a 70/70 on the board, but I managed to deal with it. I got milled pretty hard and found myself through 86 cards of my deck, which made me stupidly forget to take care of some equipment when I got the chance that lost me the game.
Old July 18th, 2011, 09:41 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Don't use a razor. Use these:

available here or in their stores. They are awesome for clipping any plastic model off the sprues.
And where were you to foreshadow that I'd break so many figures so you could warn me ahead of time?

www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old July 18th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
And where were you to foreshadow that I'd break so many figures so you could warn me ahead of time?

[kosh]
I have always been here.
[/kosh]

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 18th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I've had 2 Space Hulk sets. I never broke anything off of mine that I didn't want to...except breaking off about 40 hours of painting...

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 18th, 2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I've had 2 Space Hulk sets. I never broke anything off of mine that I didn't want to...except breaking off about 40 hours of painting...

Awesome paint job on the figures... I tried real hard to be delicate, but I failed miserably, heh. I wish I had the free time to paint mine.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games