Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 3rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
If we can get confirmation that this is a mini still in production and Auggie can get more then I would be more inclined to say yes.
Andrew has confirmed that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
Exactly, I choose those to be high priority because I can order at will and don't have to worry about selling off other items before ordering more unlike say making a unit out of randomly packed Lords of Maddness line. Before more LoM can be ordred enough of the other items in the set have to sell to make it worth doing so.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 12:22 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Typhon, I'll admit that I'm no wiz at perfect wording. I ask for help on all of my own, because I'm always surprised how many different ways people take something that I thought was clear. It's just a tricky business, no question.

For the Fervor, I don't have a magic answer (wish I did), but I'd consider something that gives them a further movement boost, rather than attack boost. Much of the time, esp. with sure-footed, high move for these guys will also mean a higher attack (height adv.), so that may be enough.

You could try a wording that makes the movement based on adjacency at the beginning of movement and the attack based on adj during the beginning of attack, but that could get cumbersome. Might work though.

Just a couple of thoughts. I love the idea; I'm just not sure they are clearly enough worded in their current form. Hope somehow in all of this there is a nugget that helps them move to the next level. Thanks for sharing them and working on them--you guys have come up with some incredible stuff!
Old June 3rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
If we can get confirmation that this is a mini still in production and Auggie can get more then I would be more inclined to say yes.
Andrew has confirmed that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
Exactly, I choose those to be high priority because I can order at will and don't have to worry about selling off other items before ordering more unlike say making a unit out of randomly packed Lords of Maddness line. Before more LoM can be ordred enough of the other items in the set have to sell to make it worth doing so.
Thanks dok! I will revise my post now that I have the information. This is the type of thing that those nominating units needs to provide.

--

@KC: I don't mind that the GWs beat the Knights, what I had issue with it that it was only the GWs that were doing it. I never had to use the 4th in those games. 180pts of GWs should not beat a 500ish point Knight army IMO.

I don't see how a drop to 4 defense loses the theme. They're still going to be rolling 5 a lot since flying will give them height in many instances. Your call of course.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old June 3rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:

@KC: I don't mind that the GWs beat the Knights, what I had issue with it that it was only the GWs that were doing it. I never had to use the 4th in those games. 180pts of GWs should not beat a 500ish point Knight army IMO.

I don't see how a drop to 4 defense loses the theme. They're still going to be rolling 5 a lot since flying will give them height in many instances. Your call of course.
OK - I didn't realize your playtests didn't use the Mass at all. That seems a bit more unexpected.

I'd be a bit curious to talk about what maps these happened on, and also how the dice generally were. Just really for the sake of being interested to know exactly how my little greenies wiped up so many Knights.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 3rd, 2011, 08:09 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Cxurg'gyath by Tolamos has received 5 YES votes to review (1Mmirg, Dad_Scaper, Killometer, nyys, ZBeeblebrox) and moves on in the process.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old June 12th, 2011, 12:49 PM

nerman8r Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Hey judges,

I know you've got a lot on your plate, but I've decided to nominate one of my customs, the Zettian Infantry:
Hi folks,

As a newbie, when I read Circuitry Replacement, I just think "huh." it seems like a lot of text for such a narrow ability. I know that officially, an attack has to say "attack," but something that deals damage certainly seems like an attack. I don't think WoTC would have printed the ability like that. I recommend changing it to "without rolling defense dice." If I read that, I'd actually know what it meant and think "that's exactly what these guys need." Having some protection from leaving engagement attacks is exactly what I'd love to see.
Old June 12th, 2011, 03:21 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

nerman8r, I did consider that exact wording, but decided that it would break the theme a bit to allow circuitry replacement to apply to leaving engagement attacks, falling damage, trap damage, lava field damage, and the like. I did come very close to using that wording, though, and I agree it's a bit simpler. (I wasn't too concerned about words on the card; that card is at the largest font size and there's still plenty of white space.)

I wouldn't be opposed to the change if there was strong support for it, although I'd hate to make nyys go back through and test again.

At any rate, welcome to the boards and I hope you enjoy my customs.
Old June 13th, 2011, 01:33 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death!

Just checking to see if you are using the below threads which IMO EVERY unit you make should be on one of the lists below until a substantial # of them are complete.

List of Holes Remaining in Unit Design
Listing of Unreleased Classics
Future Unit Database: List of the Implied/Name Dropped
Heroscape Factions: Thematic Unit Groupings
Heroscape Loose End that Remain....
Old June 13th, 2011, 08:06 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Thanks for the list lefton4ya, but I think you might be looking for the C3V.

Here at the SoV we just playtest customs that are made by the community in an effort to find "the best of the best"-like what the BoV does for maps.

Old June 16th, 2011, 07:09 PM

When I found myself using dok's Zettian Infantry to help test some of my maps I knew they were ready for a vote.

They start out with a fairly straight forward ability-Utgar Soulborg Bonding-but really it just leads the way into the rest of their design and abilities. They're slow, with a short range, but those limitations can be improved by Warden 816 and Deathwalker 9000, respectively, both of who are (conveniently ) Utgar Soulborgs. They also have a low base attack, but with their turn supplemented by a fourth attack (often Rapid Fire Special Attack or Explosion Special Attack), suddenly their offensive output becomes quite respectable.

More importantly, Utgar Soulborg Bonding allows them to effectively use their designer power-Circuitry Replacement. Honestly, I love the excitement of rolling defense dice for a Deathwalker, and I love that Circuitry Replacement helps the DW's survivability without neutering that classic Heroscape experience.

I found that they weren't very useful as a stand-alone army core, but there are plenty of bonding options to build around, and ZIx2+Hero leaves a lot of points with which to get creative.

The chosen minis mesh well with Heroscape sculpts, and aren't (to me, at least) so overtly "Star Wars-y" (they're not Storm Troopers, for example) that it's distracting.

All-in-all, the Zettian Infantry offer a fun and thematic boost to some of Heroscape's original legends without being overpowering or removing the thrilling peril of a "Deathwalker roll."

I vote YES to induct dok's Zettian Infantry into the Soldiers of Vlahalla.

Old June 19th, 2011, 09:12 PM

I like the little family Typhon2222 and Sertorius built with their Ibixian Ridge Raiders and Herd Chief Baabas (and you guys slipped one past us-I forgot that we passed a rule limiting nominations to 1 per post), but the more I consider Herd Fervor the more of a ingame log-jam it looks like. It would be fun for casual play, but keeping track of who came from where and how many Ibixians they were adjacent to before everyone moved while playing at a tournament pace would either feel rushed (bad-too easy to make a mistake) or the game would feel slow (bad, because, um, well, it just is ).

I vote NO to induct Typhon2222's and Sertorius's Ibixian Ridge Raiders into the Soldiers of Valhalla.

Ibixian Ridge Raiders by Typhon2222 and Sertorius have received 2 NO to induct votes (1Mmirg, Killometer) and are removed from the process

Old June 19th, 2011, 09:39 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post

I like the little family Typhon2222 and Sertorius built with their Ibixian Ridge Raiders and Herd Chief Baabas (and you guys slipped one past us-I forgot that we passed a rule limiting nominations to 1 per post)....
Slipped one past you?! We made explicit reference to that rule when we first submitted these baaad boys!

Sertorius and I understand fully the reservations about the Herd Fervor bonus (as well as 1Mmirg's concerns about wording on the Herd Chief's Hammer Smash special attack). We've already reworked both, and will start the playtesting soon. If the goatmen seem good in their new form, perhaps we'll resubmit them to you fine folks at some future point for more goaty fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs