Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 5th, 2011, 03:47 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Thanks Taeblewalker, you're right, reducing their bonding to solely the Herd Chief would be very easy to do. We oscillated back and forth over that. Eventually we settled on giving the Ice Troll in particular a bit of loving (and in many ways he seems a better match for these guys than he does for the Arrow Gruts). But it'd be easy to change.

Very true, Knockback can be powerful. On the other hand, he can only ever directly damage one target per turn: none of Shurrak's sweeping sword, none of the Warhulk's mad flailing at multiple targets or the Pulverizer's double attack. In our playtesting at least, this seemed to keep him pretty balanced. I had trouble keeping him alive. (But then, my group laughs at me for rushing my heroes out too early. )

Last edited by Typhon2222; May 5th, 2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old May 5th, 2011, 04:33 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Perhaps you might consider giving the Ibixian squad Ibixian Hero bonding, to tighten their theme, and then still make the hero a Beast (i.e., leave him as is). I am not sure how the 120 point cost would stand to playtesting, since Knockback could be very powerful, but regardless of the possible cost tweak, I would say that your units are very well thought out.
I assume the unit has already been thoroughly play-tested before nomination. If not then it needs to be withdrawn.

-insert signature here-
Old May 5th, 2011, 04:42 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Perhaps you might consider giving the Ibixian squad Ibixian Hero bonding, to tighten their theme, and then still make the hero a Beast (i.e., leave him as is). I am not sure how the 120 point cost would stand to playtesting, since Knockback could be very powerful, but regardless of the possible cost tweak, I would say that your units are very well thought out.
I assume the unit has already been thoroughly play-tested before nomination. If not then it needs to be withdrawn.
They have, and as you might guess, their effectiveness depends on the terrain. They're one of those few melee units that likes rugged topography. Flat maps dilute their movement abilities.

However, they also like maps without lots of choke points, since those can make it hard for them to get their clumping bonuses. String them out in a line, and the opponent will try to knock out the middle one, depriving the remainder of their Herd Fervor. This leads to some interesting tactics.

Their Herd Fervor also brakes them a bit. If they bound around too quickly and end up isolated, they'll pay for it.

Last edited by Typhon2222; May 5th, 2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
AVAILABILITY/PRICE
Availability and price of both figures are very very good. The Ibixian Ridge Raiders use the Ibixian from the D&D Miniatures line (Deathknell). This is one of the cheapest and most widely available minis of the D&D line: CoolStuff currently lists 19 (!) in stock, at only $0.89 each, and Auggie's used to have bunches for even cheaper (until Sertorius and I wiped him out of every last one ). At those prices, it's possible to field an entire army of Ibixians for cheaper than almost any 'Scape squad.

Herd Chief Baabas uses the Champion of Baphomet, also from the D&D Miniatures line (Dungeons of Dread). Auggie's has him for $4.89, and CoolStuff lists 8 in stock at $5.99. You only need one of him though, and compared to what many 'Scape heroes cost, he's very reasonable.
19 for a common squad and 8 for a hero doesn't seem like enough. Is there a bigger reservoir out there?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:23 PM

Sertorius is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
AVAILABILITY/PRICE
Availability and price of both figures are very very good. The Ibixian Ridge Raiders use the Ibixian from the D&D Miniatures line (Deathknell). This is one of the cheapest and most widely available minis of the D&D line: CoolStuff currently lists 19 (!) in stock, at only $0.89 each, and Auggie's used to have bunches for even cheaper (until Sertorius and I wiped him out of every last one ). At those prices, it's possible to field an entire army of Ibixians for cheaper than almost any 'Scape squad.

Herd Chief Baabas uses the Champion of Baphomet, also from the D&D Miniatures line (Dungeons of Dread). Auggie's has him for $4.89, and CoolStuff lists 8 in stock at $5.99. You only need one of him though, and compared to what many 'Scape heroes cost, he's very reasonable.
19 for a common squad and 8 for a hero doesn't seem like enough. Is there a bigger reservoir out there?
Alter Reality Games has Ibixians for $0.99 and 40+ in stock. Champion of Baphomet for $7 and 11 in stock. Troll and Toad has Ibixians for $0.99 also and has 19 in stock.
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Yes indeedy! Here are 145 Ibixians, and 31 Champions of Baphomet, plus whatever unspecified number the last three places have.

Auggie's
1 Baphomet

CoolStuff
20 Ibixians
8 Baphomets

Gold Dragon Horde
13 Ibixians
1 Baphomet

StrikeZone
11 Ibixians
1 Baphomet

Game Hollow
8 Ibixians
8 Baphomets

AlteReality
40 Ibixians
11 Baphomets

BeholderTheBargains
12 Ibixians
1 Baphomet

MiniatureMarket
2 Ibixians

Troll & Toad
19 Ibixians

Roll4Initiative
6 Ibixians

FRP Games
14 Ibixians

Noble Knight Games
Ibixians in stock, doesn't specify how many
Baphomet in stock, doesn't specify how many

Paizo

Games Empire

Last edited by Typhon2222; May 5th, 2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Looks like enough. Now I have to think.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 5th, 2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: don't tell malechi i abused his smiley... :-)
Old May 5th, 2011, 09:47 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Thanks for that run down Typon, could you copy and paste all that mini info into the post with the cards (and put it in spoiler tags)? Will be good to have it in one place.

I'm still a bit reluctant on same sculpt squads, but I think these guys are really cool and I want to give them a try.

Yes to review IBIXIAN RIDGE RAIDERS and HERD CHIEF BAABAS.

--

EDIT:

While I'm here I'm going to vote No to induct Crypt Guards by Super Bogue strictly on availability issues. I love the idea of helping out Sudema, but if it's that hard to get the figures...

-insert signature here-
Old May 5th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I already have a few Ibixians myself, so I hope the vote passes!

Old May 6th, 2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Thanks for that run down Typon, could you copy and paste all that mini info into the post with the cards (and put it in spoiler tags)? Will be good to have it in one place.

I'm still a bit reluctant on same sculpt squads, but I think these guys are really cool and I want to give them a try.

Yes to review IBIXIAN RIDGE RAIDERS and HERD CHIEF BAABAS.
Glad you like them so far nyys!

Absolutely (re: copying-and-pasting with spoilers). Here we go.
Old May 6th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Sorry guys, I love all these customs, but this backlog needs to get thinned out and I just don't see myself voting to induct any of them.

I should have voted 'no' at the time but I didn't, and I owe an apology to the guys who created and nominated these units for not being fair to them and to the process when the nominations first came in.

Here are a few 'no' votes:

Blood Raptor by krysto - Good looking unit, interesting abilities, but it's not written like a Heroscape card. It looks like what it is: an interesting custom that would be fun to use. But for the 'yes' vote after review, it needs to read just like a Heroscape card.

Eremon Vandel by Clancampbell - Clan is the best, and I'm going to have to apologize next time I see him, but as I see this guy he's similar to Syvarris but better at the same price point.

Unukk by Gamebear - Just an unappealing sculpt. In this case I'm voting against a unit I voted against in the review process, also.

Crypt Guards by Super Bogue - Love 'em, but they have availability problems that can't be overlooked.

Green Wyrmlings by Killercactus - See above.

= =
Old May 6th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

*sigh of relief* My 77th Infantry Division survived D_S' execution.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs