Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:43 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Filthy the Clown's Customs - Updated 20110302

I think his name should be "A man, a plan, a canal, Panama".

Did you use MSE for that? The spacing between the powers is weirding me out a bit. Also, the figure's name is usually all-caps.

For insanity beckons, "wild guard common hero" seems sort of excessively restrictive, or at least needlessly wordy. If you want it to be just DCs, for theme, then just say Drow Chainfighter. Otherwise, open it up a little. "Medium Guard Hero" still restricts it to just chainfighters but leaves some avenues open for other customs. "Guard Hero" or "Guard figure" would open up some other possibilities, but given the nature of Baruk's powers, DCs still remain the obvious choice.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I think his name should be "A man, a plan, a canal, Panama".

Did you use MSE for that? The spacing between the powers is weirding me out a bit. Also, the figure's name is usually all-caps.

For insanity beckons, "wild guard common hero" seems sort of excessively restrictive, or at least needlessly wordy. If you want it to be just DCs, for theme, then just say Drow Chainfighter. Otherwise, open it up a little. "Medium Guard Hero" still restricts it to just chainfighters but leaves some avenues open for other customs. "Guard Hero" or "Guard figure" would open up some other possibilities, but given the nature of Baruk's powers, DCs still remain the obvious choice.
Thanks for the feedback; I cleaned up the spacing and the caps on his palindromic name (Photoshop, BTW).

I was torn between hard-coding the Chainfighter's name, as it does limit future bonding options (although the Chainfighter is what came to mind when I first saw his sculpt). However, MEDIUM GUARD HERO seems like the best verbiage, so that is what now appears on the card.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 12:19 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

It looks good Filthy, and imagine that I just got that figure in the mail...thanks for making a card for me

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:31 PM

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Priscus, Revisited
After receiving some excellent feedback from the SoV in regards to Priscus, I have implemented changes both to his abilities and sculpt.
  • I found a suitable sculpt, although it varies from my initial concept of Priscus. Since Capuan Gladiators are getting harder to find, using an existing Capuan sculpt is not as favorable. That being said, I was having a tough time finding a suitable, shield-bearing sculpt, one with the semblance of an arena-hardened gladiator. However, I found another sculpt that alludes to a grappling, unarmed gladiator: the Shifter Claw Adept from D&D's Against the Giants. I love the pose, and the sculpt is clothed in suitable gladiator fashion; he gives the appearance of a conquered northern wild man, taken as a prisoner in a Roman excursion to Gaul and forced to fight in the slave pits and then arena. In short, he is hungry for his freedom!
    A quick search of Auggies, Miniature Market and Ebay revealed about 60 available figures. He is not the most available sculpt, but he will be much easier to find (and easier on the wallet!) than a Capuan sculpt. Subsequently, I changed the wording of Priscus' special attack in order to fit the grappling theme.
  • Edited his Special Attack by reducing the opponent's defense modification from -2 to -1. I also renamed the SA from Shield Pin to Grapple.
  • Changed Taste of Freedom to requiring adjacency to Priscus in order to benefit from the attack aura.

I am toying with the notion of changing his base attack to 4, but I want to playtest with him and see how the current changes work.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like the mini, Filthy.

The language in Taste of Freedom looks a little awkward. It would seem to me you could model it on Finn's:

"... friendly figures adjacent to Finn ... add 1 die to their normal attacks."

You'd have to play with it a little, but not much.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Personally, I'd lean toward a range of 2 on ToF. I don't think the mini-steamroller is overpowered in that form by any stretch.

I'd also lean toward dropping the price down to 100, but I'd have to test that.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I like the mini, Filthy.

The language in Taste of Freedom looks a little awkward. It would seem to me you could model it on Finn's:

"... friendly figures adjacent to Finn ... add 1 die to their normal attacks."

You'd have to play with it a little, but not much.
Good point, thanks. I was actually eying Khosumet's wording as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Personally, I'd lean toward a range of 2 on ToF. I don't think the mini-steamroller is overpowered in that form by any stretch.

I'd also lean toward dropping the price down to 100, but I'd have to test that.
Yeah, I was torn between that and adjacency. I suspect that having an adjacent aura could call for a lower cost (or a beefing up of his stats, such as his regular attack). However, the other Gladiators are going to have a hard time utilizing Priscus' aura without Spartacus's exta movement bonus, and that is a big deal to me. Thanks for the feedback; I am going to take it to the tables, sotospeak.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 06:52 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Looking look Filthy!!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:08 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Overall, I like this figure more and more.

Old March 19th, 2011, 09:15 PM

Priscus, v2:

After substantial playtesting against a myriad of heroes and units, I have Priscus in what I consider a fair spot, in regards to abilities weighed against cost.
  • Taste of Freedom is limited to adjacent-only. At first, I was a bit skeptical of this limitation, but after playtesting, it still works. Most of my testing consisted of moving up Priscus via Gladiator hero bonding, attacking a key target, and then moving up a squad of Capuans in the newly created gap (or at least adjacent to Priscus). With Spartacus included in the army, Priscus' attack boost to other Glads is powerful, and the adjacent limitation comes across as both justified and fair.
  • 100 points: After many tests and deliberation, I decided to drop his cost to 100 points. In his current build, he is very similar to Finn in stats (and with bonding), but with a Special Attack and one more point of life (and a considerably more limited attack aura). With that in mind, and after squaring him off against like-pointed heroes (he falls easily to Large heroes, such as the Iron Golem, and melee hard-hitters, such as ROTV Drake), 100 is an accurate assessment of his worth.

Old April 10th, 2011, 12:18 PM

Re: Filthy the Clown's Customs - Updated 2011-04-10

Enter, Na'Geesh the Earth Bender, a Geomancer for Utgar.

Na'Geesh allows the manipulation of terrain, which is a fairly new ability, inspired by Mika Connour's Blend into Shadow. Na'Geesh can place single hex tiles on unoccupied spaces, and any figure adjacent to the new space is at the mercy of a 20-sided dice in regards to a potential wound.

Na'Geesh also bonds with Elementar squads (currently, the Granite Guardians), who will enjoy his Earth Spawn ability in regards to the high ground that they can occupy.

Na'Geesh has similarities to Kurrok, including the same base stats and Devout nature. However, Na'Geesh is priced a bit higher due to the damage potential of Earth Spawn (note that is it offset by the ability to damage friendly figures, and the more-limited range of 6...Which means that Na'Geesh can easily fall to ranged attacks).

Na'Geesh uses a cool D&D sculpt from Desert of Desolation (#27, Blood of Vol Fanatic).

Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; April 11th, 2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Added updated image, with enhanced tile wording.
Old April 11th, 2011, 12:06 PM

Re: Filthy the Clown's Customs - Geomancer, Tobolt added.

The following is another idea that came to fruition after reviewing the list of available figures for Auggies' Bounty. There are quite a few Star Wars minis in the list; as a kid, I lived and breathed Star Wars, and the action figures (and even the first run of minis from the early 80's) rocked. There were some really cool, available figures...And then some that seemed to just sit on the shelves.

Once such shelf hugger was Lobot, the tech liason for Lando on the Cloud City of Bespin. However, Lobot's mini gave me an idea: how about a hero that can control unique squads? Other than the Airborne Elite, Krav and Marro Warriors, most of the unique don't see as much action as they should. Enter, Tobol the Magnificent: a self-declared brainiac who has the power to control unique squads and defy death with his powerful mind. If only his hubris did not get in the way...

Mini
Star Wars: Imperial Entanglements #33 Lobot, Computer Liasion
Criteria
Spoiler Alert!

As usual, feedback is most welcome!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards