Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 18th, 2011, 06:38 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Don't care for the unpainted-ness of it but great sculpts.
You can buy them prepainted at 3x the cost (basic set =$300 painted!) but painting them yourself wouldn't take long unless you really went into detail. A heroscape qulity paint job would take about 10 miniutes each I think (though I am really, really bad at painting and loath it).
......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old February 18th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

Haha I'm just lazy and spoiled by HeroScape/HeroClix. I'll get over it eventually.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:07 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I forgot they weren't painted, though I think we're all realizing we may need to relax that 'rule' eventually. For uniques and high cost common squads I'm starting to come around. Not so much for a low cost common squad, since I don't want to be painting 50 of these guys.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:26 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I forgot they weren't painted, though I think we're all realizing we may need to relax that 'rule' eventually. For uniques and high cost common squads I'm starting to come around. Not so much for a low cost common squad, since I don't want to be painting 50 of these guys.
Yeah, I hear that. I'm actually working on a card right now that's based on an unpainted mini (sort of). But it's a tougher sell when it comes to commons.

Even when it comes to uniques, I'd only want to see unpainted figures in cases where there really isn't another good option.
Old February 19th, 2011, 11:57 AM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
It looks like they've got 2 different scales-1:35 and 1:48. 1:35 will almost certainly be too big (excepting their use as some sort of militant Giant race-probably about the size of the MotH), but 1:48 might work. HS generally runs about 1:56.

HS is around 28-32mm, 1:48 is about the size of next 2 larger figs, and 1:35 is the size of the big guys on the right.
So are HS figures about 1/72 then?
Old February 19th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
So are HS figures about 1/72 then?
Not at all. Heroscape are about 28-30mm. 1/72 is just a tad larger than 15mm. BattleLore is closer to 1/72.

Old February 23rd, 2011, 03:02 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Personally, I feel like abprices is a better measure of D&D figure availability than ebay searches. (abprices incorporates ebay anyway.) Here is their listing for bronze wyrmling.
I should have done this at the time, but I'll take a snapshot of current numbers. This website shows 22 at moderate prices, there are a few more costing $50+; I can only assume that's some sort of collector's item.

eBay looks pretty much the way it did before.

I note with interest you can buy a Dwarves & Repulsors NIB for only $99, if you take the Buy it Now option. Gotta love eBay.

After this weekend's tournament I'll get back to playtesting the Zombie Hulk.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old February 23rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Personally, I feel like abprices is a better measure of D&D figure availability than ebay searches. (abprices incorporates ebay anyway.) Here is their listing for bronze wyrmling.
I should have done this at the time, but I'll take a snapshot of current numbers. This website shows 22 at moderate prices, there are a few more costing $50+; I can only assume that's some sort of collector's item.

eBay looks pretty much the way it did before.
Heh, that's not even an accurate measure though. What abprices lists alone in their quantities is just a measure taken at a snapshot of one time. You really need to investigate and check the individual stores.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 26th, 2011, 10:15 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

OK its time for my review of Blood Raptor by krysto2002.

The Blood Raptor has decent stats, uses a widely available figure from D&D Dangerous Delves and has some thematic elements. But the unit lacks some punch.

Blood frenzy, is nice against Heroes, who have a few wounds on them. In one game a Blood raptor rolled 7 skulls (it had height) against Q9, after Q had been hurt by Drake SoTM and which was cool, but in most games this power did not helps this unit, because in most games it was hard to keep the Raptors close enough to activate the second power.

The Second Power is Pack Hunting, and this is where I think the Blood raptor falls short. It is just difficult to pull off. Let me explain. Pack Hunting says that after attacking with a Blood Raptor, you can move up to 2 more Raptors, if they end their movement engaged to the attacked figure. And thatís the problem with this power, for without some sort of bonding to be able to move more than one Raptor at a time, you have to spend your OMís to move them one turn at a time. Unless your opponent gets his wounded hero close to your start zone, this ability doesnít do much. You canít attack after you engage, so it does is lock down the Hero with more Raptors. Then you have to spend another wound marker to attack with one raptor again. I found this mechanic boring.

The only time I had some fun with them was a scenario I created where a group of Heroes was trekking through a jungle that was invested with Raptors, that were hiding in the bush. It was basically a re-creation of raptor scenes in Jurassic Park. It was fun, but one time is not enough to make me like this unit.

You see, the Wyrmling ability to form a two dragonette squad make them so much better for this price. Unless the Raptors can ďgang upĒ they just cannot compete against the Wrymlings.

I think that this unit would make a cool 3-figure Unique Squad or you could change Pack Hunting to take a turn with up to two more Raptors you controlÖthen this unit may have some flair. But as written, I just did not have much fun playing them, and they frustrated me when I kept wasting OMís to move them into position, just giving my opponent time to close up on me.

So I have to vote NO to induct Blood Raptor into the SoV.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:38 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I have been finished with my playtests for Priscus for a couple of weeks but have still been back and forth on my final vote.
First off, he was fun to play and definitely added some flexibility to a gladiator build for an army due to his cost. This was his main attraction for me.

His Shield Pin special attack was my main concern. In one-on-one tests against similar costed heroes, he dominated due to his SA; 2 less defense dice proved to be big. He won almost every test against 110 point heroes. This is especially notable considering that in a one-on-one contest ToF (which is a big part of his cost) can’t be used. He also was able to go toe-to-toe with higher costed heroes. He won several contets against the higher costed heroes- acceptable considering all the variables and dice rolls, However, when the higher costed hero would win it was almost always with only 1 or 2 life remaining- a very close battle indeed. Again, this is considering that part of Priscus’ costing (ToF) was never used.

In army tests he proved to be a less dominating as squads were easily able to dispatch him. In army tests he seemed to be priced about right.

However, all things need to be considered, not just army tests.

So, it is with regret that I have to be the one quash Priscus. I enjoyed playing him very much and will probably continue to do so when fielding the gladiators. I think he is a great unit that shines in an army setting but, unfortunately, shines a little too much in one-on-one contests.

I vote NO to induct Priscus.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:42 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Priscus by Filthy the Clown has recieved 2 NO to induct votes (1Mmirg, Lamaclown) and is removed from the process.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:44 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Just want to add that I hope Filthy considers a resubmit. IMO, a bump in cost or a slight mod to the Shield (like dropping to -1) would go a long way. Perhaps also a change to the aura to work with adjacent attacks, but a bump in price might cover the current boost to future ranged glads.

I really enjoyed Priscus and hope to see him again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs