Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:08 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Beyonder - VOTE for Playtesting

Yea. He is looking Dy-No-Mite!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:54 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I am sorry, but I can't vote to move this card forward. I think we need to think more about this card and what needs to be done, but this power has no valid theme behind it. It is clearly a "fix it" power designed to cover the ass of the rest of the card.

Quote:
DIMENSIONAL TWISTING
All terrain within 10 spaces of Beyonder does not have terrain effects.
I am sorry, but when Beyonder shows up, people cannot suddenly walk on water, avoid lava, run across snow, lose their bonus on concrete, asphalt, or road, and they certainly don't lose their ability to boost their defense by hiding behind jungle trees..... I just can't support this AT ALL.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:58 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

OK, I hear the concern about how Beyonder is TOO powerful on lava, I hear that. But currently, that fear is based on speculation, not fact. I think we need to playtest first on lava before "fixing" anything. After all, we did already "fix" lava rules.

Lets test more and see what the test results say before freaking out.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:58 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Perhaps we can hold up the current vote until I can get another test in with him ... I'll proxy the shadow tiles on Platforms 5 and 6 as lava and try it out tomorrow.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:00 AM

So for now, I vote NAY.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 06:33 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Just to help the train with the braking, I'll vote Nay for the moment also.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:30 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Okay, I'm okay with waiting on another test.

The thing with the lava is, it is thematic. I mean this guy could kill any hero with just a thought, but I can also see how it would be annoying to play against. Also, Aldin's fix is also thematic. Even though Beyonder doesn't normally change terrain around, it's not beyond (no pun intended) his ability to do so. It's not that far off from him putting Battleworld together.

But yeah, let's try some more tests with lava and see where we stand.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post

The thing with the lava is, it is thematic. I mean this guy could kill any hero with just a thought, but I can also see how it would be annoying to play against. Also, Aldin's fix is also thematic. Even though Beyonder doesn't normally change terrain around, it's not beyond (no pun intended) his ability to do so. It's not that far off from him putting Battleworld together.

If it is thematic for him to do all those things that I listed, can I have some references where he has done them? Not trying to be too too cocky here, but I bet you won't be able to produce those references.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 10:45 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

- Army Test/ Does it pass?
Map: Platforms 5 and 6
Units: Beyonder (2500) vs. Invisible Woman (215), Blob (165), Super-Skrull (340), Martian Manhunter (300), Green Lantern John Stewart (340), Graviton (400), Jean Grey (180), Loki (420), and Spider-Girl (140) (2500)
Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Last edited by IAmBatman; February 23rd, 2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 10:53 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:

If it is thematic for him to do all those things that I listed, can I have some references where he has done them? Not trying to be too too cocky here, but I bet you won't be able to produce those references.
I didn't mean that he had done those specific things, I meant that it's within his power to do so if he wanted. Kind of like Superman being able to fly to Pluto. There may not be a comic where he ever did it, but given what we know about his powers we know he could do it. Same with Beyonder - he can do anything, so that's within his power, and therefore not unthematic.

But it really doesn't matter, because I'm open to changing or removing that power if we need to, it's not a big deal. Let's see what Bats comes up with in his playtests.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:

I didn't mean that he had done those specific things, I meant that it's within his power to do so if he wanted. Kind of like Superman being able to fly to Pluto. There may not be a comic where he ever did it, but given what we know about his powers we know he could do it. Same with Beyonder - he can do anything, so that's within his power, and therefore not unthematic.

But it really doesn't matter, because I'm open to changing or removing that power if we need to, it's not a big deal. Let's see what Bats comes up with in his playtests.
Gotcha. Now just so you understand where I am coming from on this, I think that it is bit crazy to put a power on a card of a character, and it be a power that the character has never done. I mean technically, Beyonder could turn everyone on the battlefield into a gelatinous cube, but why would we want to do that if it is something he has never done?

I think that it is clear that the proposed power was simply a "fixit" power, and there is nothing entirely wrong with that, but there is IMO, when the power has no true representation of the character.

There, I just wanted to make sure you knew why I voted the way I did, and that it had nothing to do with the rest of the design (which I think is great btw).
Old February 23rd, 2011, 11:34 AM

Oh, the power is absolutely a fixit power, I don't think anyone is denying that. I understand your vote, and I don't even fully disagree, so no worries.

So just in case the playtest shows that it is a problem, do you have any other ideas on fixing it?

(by the way, we could totally do the gelatinous cube idea! )

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library