Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 28th, 2010, 03:31 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Hey judges,

I know you've got a lot on your plate, but I've decided to nominate one of my customs, the Zettian Infantry:

This one just went through the CHCG24 process, which led to much tweaking of the language and card appearance, but no fundamental changes. I have raised the price from 60 to 65 points, however (a change that I had already done a lot of testing on before CHCG24 got their hands on it, but I didn't finalize until this weekend).

Figure choice/availability:
Spoiler Alert!

Design/Flavor:
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts on balance/testing:
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks in advance to the judges for taking the time to consider my custom.
Old December 28th, 2010, 03:44 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Anyone looking to nominate a unit need look no further than the way dok just presented the Zettian Infantry.

Deathwalker love that looks like it works? No brainer for me... Yes to review the Zettian Infantry.

The only thing more I could ask for at this point is some comparison shots of these figures next to our current Soulborg heroes.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old December 28th, 2010, 03:51 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the kind words, nyys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
The only thing more I could ask for at this point is some comparison shots of these figures next to our current Soulborg heroes.
I did include such a shot, although I didn't make it clear that that's what it was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The three I chose were picked based on which ones I could get multiples of most cheaply from a single seller. As real-life photos demonstrate, they all have very similar appearance, although the one from the "Universe" line is a hair darker. All of them are quite inexpensive, even by Heroscape standards.
Here's the photo I linked there. There's a couple of my other customs on the back row, and no DW7k, but you get the idea.

Spoiler Alert!
Old December 28th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
If I were running a tournament, I would consider any combination of any of the eight Super Battle Droid miniatures to be acceptable proxies.
Dok, you are a naughty boy for sneaking this in there especially for me.

For those who have not seen it yet, there is a link in my sig to House Rules for the use of customs (& some official figs) for practical use by Tournament Directors. It's a personal project at the moment but it was inspired by the thought that I shouldn't, every single time I craft a tournament announcement, have to say that any 4th repaint is an acceptable Samuel Brown. And as we stumble deeper into FanScape there will be more sculpt issues we have to deal with.

Anyay I think this is exactly what I was looking for when I described in earlier posts a "thorough" nomination and I appreciate the consideration of tournament implications of these figs beyond the sculpts themselves.

Dok, you showed a lot of restraint here. I'll give a yes to review Zettian Infantry.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old December 28th, 2010, 04:03 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Anyone looking to nominate a unit need look no further than the way dok just presented the Zettian Infantry.

Deathwalker love that looks like it works? No brainer for me... Yes to review the Zettian Infantry.

Ditto and ditto (that is a Yes to review).

Nice work, dok!
Old December 28th, 2010, 04:36 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

YES ro reveiw Zettian Infantry

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 28th, 2010, 04:45 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I did include such a shot...
My bad...

Old December 28th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

To misquote, I think that Utgar Soulborg Bonding fills a much-needed gap in the Heroscape Canon.

What's the SoV position on random unqualified 'scapers like me dropping by with opinions on customs that are not backed with any testing? If it's allowed/encouraged I'm happy to elaborate.
Old December 28th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
To misquote, I think that Utgar Soulborg Bonding fills a much-needed gap in the Heroscape Canon.

What's the SoV position on random unqualified 'scapers like me dropping by with opinions on customs that are not backed with any testing? If it's allowed/encouraged I'm happy to elaborate.
Ollie, speaking for myself, I want as much constructive heckling as we can get.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old December 28th, 2010, 05:03 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post

By all means feel free to elaborate and contribute to the discussion.
Old December 28th, 2010, 05:11 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

All the merrier ollie...we can always talk amongst ourselves in SoV subforum

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 28th, 2010, 06:23 PM

What those guys said...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs