Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 16th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

You've been busy, nyys--thanks for your work! (I've got a couple on my table as well, with several games on each, just no decisions yet.) It's also great to see some BftU maps making progress through the BoV.
Old December 16th, 2010, 02:28 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Yeah, Black Gold has been on my table forever. I pretty much knew I was going to vote yes for a while, I just needed to get off my but and let everyone know.

This will also clear 3 spots on my game table... time to build a few more on the list.

-insert signature here-
Old December 18th, 2010, 02:26 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Gents, am I right in thinking that no map using BftU has ever made it into the BoV?
Old December 18th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

So far. There are a couple under review with BftU.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 18th, 2010, 10:00 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Also not really surprising since the set isn't quite a year old yet (just about).

-insert signature here-
Old December 18th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Gents, am I right in thinking that no map using BftU has ever made it into the BoV?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Also not really surprising since the set isn't quite a year old yet (just about).
Yup, it takes us a while. We have reviewed, however, a fair number of BftU maps; they just haven't quite made it for one reason or another. (BftU is a tough set to work with, since it is much smaller than other MSs.)

Anyhow, I feel fairly good about some of the BftU maps in process right now. (I think there are 4 right now.) I have two of them on my tables right now and so far haven't found anything that really worries me. Still playing though...
Old December 19th, 2010, 12:37 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I would like to nominate Still Life with Marro by tannergx for the BoV.
We used this map today at the Michigan Toys for Tots Tournament and everyone agreed that this was the best map there. It was fun to play on and we felt it was a good balanced map.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 20th, 2010, 12:38 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

If you gents aren't too swamped with nominations, I'd like to offer one of my own which has seen lots of play recently.

YEA THOUGH I WALK....
Designed for 1x1 tournament play, with standard 24 starting hexes per player. Shadowy lowlands, lava heights, and careful line-of-sight blockers make for a melee-friendly map, while the interaction between glyphs and terrain keeps things tactically fluid. There are numerous opportunities for gaining temporary height advantage, but most cannot be permanently occupied. Do you seize and reinforce the peripheral glyphs first, knowing their movement bonus will make navigating the hot terrain easier? Or do you move in force for the central valley floor, trusting in its shadowy defenses and initiative bonuses to give you the tactical edge?

Map: YEA THOUGH I WALK....
Uses: 2 BftU, 1 VW.
Glyphs: 2 Dagmar (+8 initiative), 2 Valda (+2 movement).
Download: here
Old December 20th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Adrian Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
I would like to nominate Still Life with Marro by tannergx for the BoV.
We used this map today at the Michigan Toys for Tots Tournament and everyone agreed that this was the best map there. It was fun to play on and we felt it was a good balanced map.

I'm a bit concerned that this map will mostly be a rush for the hills, with little incentive at all to enter the center (swamp water) gap. A fair amount of the raised levels (not the highest, of course) have jungle cover, making everything else even that much less valuable. The cover of the Hive might be enough to help a bit. And I do like the look of the map and what I hope I will find to be only a deceptively simple layout.

I vote YES to review Still Life with Marro by tannergx for the BoV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222
YEA THOUGH I WALK....
Designed for 1x1 tournament play, with standard 24 starting hexes per player. Shadowy lowlands, lava heights, and careful line-of-sight blockers make for a melee-friendly map, while the interaction between glyphs and terrain keeps things tactically fluid. There are numerous opportunities for gaining temporary height advantage, but most cannot be permanently occupied. Do you seize and reinforce the peripheral glyphs first, knowing their movement bonus will make navigating the hot terrain easier? Or do you move in force for the central valley floor, trusting in its shadowy defenses and initiative bonuses to give you the tactical edge?

Map: YEA THOUGH I WALK....
Uses: 2 BftU, 1 VW.
Glyphs: 2 Dagmar (+8 initiative), 2 Valda (+2 movement).
Download: here
I'm not a fan of a map with so many static glyphs, usually, but I am a sucker for Lava and BftU mixed together. I like the central shadow pit. And it looks like the lava is laid out in an effective way. I worry that there is little cover for melee, other than in the center. But, I am intrigued enough.

I vote YES to review YEA THOUGH I WALK....
Old December 23rd, 2010, 02:30 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

I vote YES to induct

Burial Marsh by Panopticon

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:13 AM

Still Life with Marro by tannergx
I'm not a fan of the glyphs being on the high points of the map. No to review.

YEA THOUGH I WALK.... by Typhon2222
I was so so on this one, so I let my usual opponent decide (my son) and he said lets give it a go. Yes to review.

-insert signature here-
Old December 23rd, 2010, 01:53 PM
Adrian Monk

Well, I've played a lot of games on Burial Marsh. And I like it quite a bit. There are a few aesthetic things that bug me (gaps in the tiles, that sort of thing) and a few mechanics I'm not completely sold on (the high points being as close the start as they are, the power of the magic move number of 6 on the map, that sort of thing), but all in all, the more I play on it the more I feel like it is a sold, well-thought out map that brings something to the BoV and balances out quite well.

I keep running "one more test" and have yet to see anything that really bugs me about the map. It plays a bit wide, but I like that. I love the LOS blockers. I even love that my opponents often don't go for the T-Glyphs b/c they have too many units in the Shadows. It's fun to have a trap that is fair, but actually does make people think a bit.

Anyhow, I was planning a longer write up, but the holidays are pressing in and so I'll just blurt it out :

I vote YES to induct Burial Marsh into the BoV.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios