Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 11th, 2010, 11:17 AM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
160 is pretty pricey, though.
Yeah, this is the thing that had me second guessing myself when I wasn't bleary eyed this morning.

Still, this would be a new level of mechanical interconnectedness of units, and I'm not prepared to take that step here.

It looks like a fun unit and at that price point the theoretical armies in which she may be broken are impractical; regardless, I'm not prepared to bring a chain-bonding unit into the fold yet.
If I was to change her from relentless to something else and make the dragon bonding use an OM...then how would you feel about her? I think she would need to be around 120 points then, because her abilities are very specific already.

Let me know what you think.
Old December 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Not trying to sound rude, but the SoV isn't for developing your customs. Submit a new card (if you like) and we'll go from there. The CHCG24 is a great place to get input on developing units.

-insert signature here-
Old December 11th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

Or the 3FG. You're welcome krysto!

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old December 11th, 2010, 12:31 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I think, given the price, this figure is not really overpowered at all. The Ornak-fed double Moltenclaw turn is a neat trick that comes at a heavy price. The Minion's non-bonding is pretty much irrelevant from a balance perspective.

Basically, you're not going to want to put Raelin in harm's way very often, so this is almost like giving Moltenclaw/Mimring/Othkurik Raelin movement bonding... at a cost of 80 points, and you can't use it if they bonded with Greenscales or Arrow Gruts on that OM. I really don't see a problem there. I have a very, very hard time thinking of a situation where I would take this Raelin over the other(s), aside from General Wars or a draft game.

That said, I don't think the dragon bonding really captures the feel of evil Raelin riding on a dragon. And absent that, I don't really see a lot here that really makes me want to play this figure.
Old December 11th, 2010, 12:37 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

The only thing that might be really busted is the Dragon / Raelin / Death Knights turn.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 11th, 2010, 01:32 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
The only thing that might be really busted is the Dragon / Raelin / Death Knights turn.
And for that, you have to consider her defensive aura wouldn't help the Death Knights
Old December 11th, 2010, 06:16 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I think, given the price, this figure is not really overpowered at all. The Ornak-fed double Moltenclaw turn is a neat trick that comes at a heavy price. The Minion's non-bonding is pretty much irrelevant from a balance perspective.

Basically, you're not going to want to put Raelin in harm's way very often, so this is almost like giving Moltenclaw/Mimring/Othkurik Raelin movement bonding... at a cost of 80 points, and you can't use it if they bonded with Greenscales or Arrow Gruts on that OM. I really don't see a problem there. I have a very, very hard time thinking of a situation where I would take this Raelin over the other(s), aside from General Wars or a draft game.

That said, I don't think the dragon bonding really captures the feel of evil Raelin riding on a dragon. And absent that, I don't really see a lot here that really makes me want to play this figure.
I could not said it better myself...its these two reasons that I vote NO to review Raelin for Utgar

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 11th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I think, given the price, this figure is not really overpowered at all.
I agree with this & everything else in your post, dok. My 'no' vote was a rejection of the introduction of a chain bonding mechanic even if, as you say, it's too expensive to use in a normal competitive setting. I'm not ready to take a step that the official designers have successfully avoided.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; December 12th, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old December 11th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I've been doing a lot of thinking about Evil Raelin, and while I think she's well priced and I really like the idea of adding some serious firepower to turns usually spent just repositioning her, to realistically get her points worth you have to have an Utgar Dragon in your army, and I don't like limiting such a potentially iconic figure that much.

qt.bangerang's Raelin the Kyrie Warrior has received 3 NO votes to review (Dad_Scaper, Killometer, ZBeeblebrox) and is removed from the process.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old December 12th, 2010, 01:07 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for looking at her...I was pretty satisfied with what I had come up with and with the tests I had done, but you all have pointed out things that I did not notice or think of. I will be revamping her and resubmitting her because I think that she is a needed figure in HS.
Old December 12th, 2010, 01:23 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
Thanks for looking at her...I was pretty satisfied with what I had come up with and with the tests I had done, but you all have pointed out things that I did not notice or think of. I will be revamping her and resubmitting her because I think that she is a needed figure in HS.
If not for competitive play at least for storyline play
Old December 13th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla-nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
Nomination from my own set of customs...

:: ZOMBIKAZES v.2::

Click image for larger version
Figures used: Mage Knight's Detonating Zombie (3)

I think all the information required for nomination is there. Let me know if there is something I overlooked and forgot to include.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Oh my god that is awesome. How could I not vote to reviewing Zombikazes?
*sigh*

Answering my own question, I could have voted to reviewing Zombikazes because the sculpts are very difficult to track down. I found a few after we approved the nomination & have come across a few on the internet since, but it would just cost too darn much to put together 3 squads of these guys. And why would I want fewer than 3 of a common squad? And if I did that, how long would the next guy have to wait before 9 more were available in the marketplace?

Anyway. Sadly I have to vote to the Zombikazes, even though they are full of win and made of awesome sauce, etc. etc.

It might be different if they were heroes, maybe even common heroes, but as a common squad I have to say no to Zombikazes.

I regret not doing this research before I voted to review, but so it goes. Live and learn.

The funny thing is I'm actually expecting a couple of these in the mail as part of a large lot of Mage Knight figs. But that doesn't really change my mind.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs