Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 1st, 2010, 06:44 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Awwwww... Killo, I'm glad you enjoyed testing him out. He is fun to play and helps out the Arrow Gruts so well to make them a dangerous support unit, along with bonding, such a solid combo. Probably part of what makes him so fun. In truth I rarely play all melee armies which is very likely why I find Gor'Vath reasonable as is. I will wait until the others chime in for final judgment but if need be I am willing to go back and retool him a bit for resubmission at a later time. Again though I am very happy he was such a fun unit to play as that is the ultimate goal.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 1st, 2010, 06:48 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

He really was a complete blast to play, and, no matter how here fares here, I whole-heartedly endorse that people who play drafts should throw Gor'Vath in their pool.

I am a little leery of recommending him to people who play double-blind, though, because he will mop the floor with an all-melee army (unless that's your goal )

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old December 1st, 2010, 07:39 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

I got a question, what is Gor'Vath? Like I mean where did you get the character?
Old December 1st, 2010, 07:45 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Gor'Vath is a custom unit created by robbdaman that he nominated to be reviewed by the SoV panel for possible induction into the SoV.

As for the SoV (Soldiers of Valhalla), it is a project designed to identify the best of the best of custom units that will fit seemlessly into play with official units, as judged in these catagories: balance, playability, creativity, theme and accessibility (the op of this thread expands on those catagories).

Old December 1st, 2010, 08:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Killometer is setting the bar high with (I think) the first SoV figure review. I'm looking forward to reading more reviews like that one!
Old December 4th, 2010, 01:00 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Review of Gor'Vath

OK I have to agree with Killometer Gor'Vath is a Blast! He's just a fun unit that oozes with theme. The way is Fetid ability allows you to wade through melee screens in nothing but genius. That being said, its Tough that makes me pause. Let's go to some battles

Gor'Vath allows the Arrow Gruts to be used sans Swogs. They are not needed, but do add more punch. Nerak is key because he gives Arrow Gruts more firepower without having to move him as much. When GorVath is reducing defenses, a Nerak-baked Grut can take down, almost anything, except the big defensive units. Minions and Zettians are the only squads that could take it on the chin. Minions were the best vs GorVath/Grut/Nerak base build. But all other melee units fell easily...Knights, Warforged, Dwarves...ect. This is a problem for melee, but some units are better against melee than others...so so far this unit rocks.

Then what about ranged. Well here is the problem. Tough gave an advantage to Gor'Vath against most ranged squads too. Krav, Aubriens, 10th Foot all had it rough. Only pumped up Stingers were able to pierce that tough hide consistently. Of course if you could stay away with him with some heavy hitters long enough Gor'Vath would go down, but even some of the big boys like Q9 had trouble because Gor'Vath could penetrate a screen easily. Once in melee the Q-gun was damaged and less effective due to Fetid. So this guy's tough hide gives him an advantage against ranged and melee was nearly a lost cause ( A really hurt Krug took him down and Drake 2.0 did too).

So here's my assessment. If Gor'Vath just had the fetid power and say 4 defense that would make him great! But with tough, he's too tough a nut to crack and most armies will have a hard time with him and at 150 points that makes him overpowered.

So I have to Vote NO on Gor'Vath.

Sorry Robb, but I plan on finding this figure and adding him to my Custom list very soon. (sans Tough of course).

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 4th, 2010, 02:06 PM

robbdaman's Gor'Vath has received two NO votes and is removed from the process.

Old December 4th, 2010, 02:35 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

No problem guys! Again I'm glad you enjoyed testing him out and his thematic design. Perhaps if I exchanged TOUGH for a reduced defensive ability or just tried increasing his DEFENSE up to 4. At least then he could blank out on defense rolls. I'll play with those ideas and test him out and see how he works. It sounds like just a little tweaking is all that is needed. What is the SoV policy on resubmitting ideas that have already been reviewed?

Old December 4th, 2010, 02:44 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
No problem guys! Again I'm glad you enjoyed testing him out and his thematic design. Perhaps if I exchanged TOUGH for a reduced defensive ability or just tried increasing his DEFENSE up to 4. At least then he could blank out on defense rolls. I'll play with those ideas and test him out and see how he works. It sounds like just a little tweaking is all that is needed. What is the SoV policy on resubmitting ideas that have already been reviewed?
We encourage re-submissions as long as our guidelines are met and it is a polished product.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 4th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
What is the SoV policy on resubmitting ideas that have already been reviewed?
Bring 'em on.

Old December 4th, 2010, 02:47 PM

Okay, well I won't just create a new card with modifications without trying him out myself. I want it to be taken seriously plus I know you have others to test out as well and not wanting to play my fun unit will give you time to do that.

Old December 4th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey Killometer, I have a question on the playtesting process. Are you all throwing these figures in competitive builds and playing heads up or are you testing them in scenarios?

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs