Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 30th, 2010, 05:56 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla-nominations and discussion

Well everyone has said what is wrong. Eremon is too powerful at only 90.

I vote NO to review Eremon

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:00 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

clancampbell's Eremon has received more than 3 NO votes, and is removed from the process.

@dok-I've been worried about 60 point bonding (strictly theoryscape worries so far, I haven't begun to test your ZH yet), so I definitely appreciate your analysis of your custom and your design decisions to give me an overview of it as I move into playing it.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)

Last edited by Killometer; December 4th, 2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:03 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Killo,

You need to update the OP with the latest info.

~Z

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?
My map thread
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:23 AM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

What am I missing?

Old December 1st, 2010, 02:33 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh. I see. I was looking for the four votes yes, 1 vote no, etc. for Blood Raptor, but now I see that that was to move it from 'pending acceptance for review' into 'being reviewed'.

Never mind.

~Z

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?
My map thread
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:39 AM

No worries. I'm glad to see that people have my back with this-I'm bound to miss a vote or two eventually.

Old December 1st, 2010, 07:59 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Just a random suggestion guys....

I'm seeing a lot of units turned down from review because the point costs aren't right. Do you think there would be some benefit to submitting units without a Point cost (or maybe just a suggested point cost), and hashing that out in playtesting?

For instance, I really like the theory behind Eremon, and it kinda sucks that he won't be playtested because of his point cost unless he is resubmitted....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 1st, 2010, 08:24 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

We've discussed that a little 'off-thread' and right now we really want submisisons of units that the designer considers a finished product.

If a designer is unsure of the points cost (or simply wants reassurance) then CHCG24 is a great place to run the unit through the gauntlet before submitting to the SoV. I might go as far as to say that before submitting a unit for SoV review, one should submit their unit to the CHCG24 first.

I think there was plenty of encouragement to give Eremon a quick points tweak and resubmit. Hint hint clam...

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old December 1st, 2010, 08:39 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

CHCG24 is too long an acronym to subject my customs through.

That is a great suggestion overall nyys.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 1st, 2010, 09:43 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup. I don't think we've seen the last of Eremon, or at least, I hope not.

But this is not meant to be a place to bring an unfinished product. I confess I did prickle when SWAT Team was nominated. That was clearly not a card that had been "finished" in any meaningful way, and we are not here to workshop.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old December 1st, 2010, 09:49 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I may be speaking out of turn, but what I'm looking for is a price tag that seems to careful reflect a look at other units in Scape and some playtesting. We'll cross the bridge later of a unit that is 10 points off, but right now, I'm saying no to units that look more than 10 points off (or have clear analogs in Scape that they would eclipse at their current points).

Just like in the BoV, some maps are incredibly close. They are told they are missing one thing, and then they come back and pass quickly. But the key is to be incredibly close. Then I'm happy to review the unit.
Old December 1st, 2010, 05:57 PM

Gor'Vath by robbdaman is an absolute beast! (Pun only slightly intended ) I have been playtesting him a lot over the last two weeks, and I absolutely love him. He goes toe-to-toe and blow-for-blow against Krug and Jotun, the Kings of Melee, and Fetid's Defense penalty unshackles the Arrow Gruts from Swog Rider adjacency. Gor'Vath + Arrows x3 is a neat, inexpensive package that leaves plenty of room, both in points and hexes, to get creative. Tough usually helps keep him alive to engage ranged threats, but my condolences to anyone who fields this guy across from one of the Q brothers.

Unfortunately, the combination of Fetid's Attack penalty, and the guaranteed Shield from Tough means that he is literally unbeatable to any melee unit with a base attack of 3 or less and no Special Attack, unless they have some help (height, Taelord, MDG, etc.). This includes over 70% of melee squads, including almost all of the top units, such as the KoW, Heavies, GSWs and Dividers. While this causes some interesting metagame shifts for casual play and draft situations (Yari are particularly effective against this guy), and he is well balanced against ranged armies, mixed armies, or armies with strong Special Attacks, but I am afraid that his combination of special abilities is too unbalancing in situations where he may face an all-melee army.

I've had so much fun with Gor'Vath, that I keep trying to justify continuing testing him, but I can't get past his utter dominance over so many units, so it is with a fair degree of disappointment that I vote NO to induct Gor'Vath.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs