Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 27th, 2010, 02:19 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of the Mind Flayer Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking East View Post
That's an interesting question. I think you would be allowed to overextend him.

What I wonder is if you did this same thing with Eldigrim and it was fatal, could you place his spirit or does your opponent get to?

When exactly does your turn you are taking with the enslaved hero end?
Well you Extend at the end of his turn, so I would think it would go to the original player, but maybe there is some hole of time there. I don't know. I was thinking of using Alastair in a team tournament, your teammate takes a turn then overextends then you take a turn with Alastair and overextend. That way, your team takes 4 turns with Alastair.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old November 27th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero9510 View Post
Ok, didn't see it so here goes:
I enslave my opponents Finn. I drop him into lava and kill him. The way I read the card, Finn's card reverts back to the original owner and he gets to place Finn. Is this correct or can I suicide him and put Finn on my own card?
It seems that since I never really come into possession of the card I can use it, but if someone has another thought I'd appreciate it.
You only gain temporary control of the figure, so no you do not get to use his Spirit Power.
This was all discussed last page. I'm gonna add an FAQ for this.
Old November 27th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temprit View Post
Quote:

What I wonder is if you did this same thing with Eldigrim and it was fatal, could you place his spirit or does your opponent get to?

Well you Extend at the end of his turn, so I would think it would go to the original player, but maybe there is some hole of time there. I don't know. I was thinking of using Alastair in a team tournament, your teammate takes a turn then overextends then you take a turn with Alastair and overextend. That way, your team takes 4 turns with Alastair.
I'm reasonably certain that Overextend is only meant to be used once per round, no matter who controls Alistair. This is really more of a question for the Book of Alistair or Eldgrim though.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old November 27th, 2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I'm reasonably certain that Overextend is only meant to be used once per round, no matter who controls Alistair. This is really more of a question for the Book of Alistair or Eldgrim though.
One more question, How about Enslaving Ulginesh to take a turn with two Elf Wizards you control?

Old November 27th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

That would mean you would have to draft a Mindflayer and at least 2 Elf Wizards without Ulginesh. If that were the case and you Enslaved him and your Elf Wizards were within 6 spaces of him then I suppose it would work.
Old November 27th, 2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
That would mean you would have to draft a Mindflayer and at least 2 Elf Wizards without Ulginesh. If that were the case and you Enslaved him and your Elf Wizards were within 6 spaces of him then I suppose it would work.
This is all with the thought of teams, that way your ally has Ulginesh and elves and then you have elves simply for this combo. It's all theory to get an idea of the Mindflayer's potential. Thanks for the help.

Old November 27th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Quote:
This is all with the thought of teams, that way your ally has Ulginesh and elves and then you have elves simply for this combo. It's all theory to get an idea of the Mindflayer's potential. Thanks for the help.
No problem man, just remember he's only gonna hit his Enslave about 20% of them time so you want a good back up. Maybe both have Ulginesh and only try to Enslave if he dies for one of you?
Old November 27th, 2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No problem man, just remember he's only gonna hit his Enslave about 20% of them time so you want a good back up. Maybe both have Ulginesh and only try to Enslave if he dies for one of you?
Also I've been thinking about how the Mindflayer could be used to take a turn with Sir Hawthorne and cause him to switch sides. Since the ruling for the Vikings is that after the fact the turn goes immediately to the original player, it could cause Hawthorne to go to your side.

Old November 30th, 2010, 01:06 AM

Looking East knows what's in an order marker Looking East knows what's in an order marker

Ok, so the spirit abillities for the viking champions occurs outside of their turn?
Old November 30th, 2010, 02:27 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Also I've been thinking about how the Mindflayer could be used to take a turn with Sir Hawthorne and cause him to switch sides. Since the ruling for the Vikings is that after the fact the turn goes immediately to the original player, it could cause Hawthorne to go to your side.
No, they would nest and resolve in a last in-first out manner.

Mindflayer takes his turn and then enslaves Sir Hawthorne. In Sir Hawthorne's turn he switches sides (back to the original owner) who takes his turn and then Hawthorne reverts back to the Mindflayer's player. Then the Mindflayer's turn ends and Hawthorne reverts back to the original owner. All you accomplished was to give your opponent a free turn with his own Sir Hawthorne.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old November 30th, 2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
No, they would nest and resolve in a last in-first out manner.

Mindflayer takes his turn and then enslaves Sir Hawthorne. In Sir Hawthorne's turn he switches sides (back to the original owner) who takes his turn and then Hawthorne reverts back to the Mindflayer's player. Then the Mindflayer's turn ends and Hawthorne reverts back to the original owner. All you accomplished was to give your opponent a free turn with his own Sir Hawthorne.

~Z
I don't understand. You enslave to take a turn with him. At the end of that turn you roll for Stab in the Back right? If you roll a 1 does control go to them or to you? Also I don't see how your opponent is taking a turn with him after the Enslave turn is over.

Old November 30th, 2010, 05:46 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I don't understand. You enslave to take a turn with him. At the end of that turn you roll for Stab in the Back right? If you roll a 1 does control go to them or to you? Also I don't see how your opponent is taking a turn with him after the Enslave turn is over.
Sorry, I was thinking of Marcu's Eternal Hatred. After reading the Stab in the Back SA, when you Enslave and take a turn with Sir Hawthorne, at the end you will either roll a one, remove all the OMs, and give Sir Hawthorne's card to your opponent (the original owner) or, on any other roll, control reverts back to your opponent (the original owner). I guess there is a slight possibility of Dund-ing his Sir Hawthorne, but that's the only advantage I see. You don't end up with him either way.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units