Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 19th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Would you be against using the Greater Ice Elemental figure for a C3G Ice Construct card?
I have plenty of Greater Ice Elemental figures I'm not using for anything else, so I wouldn't mind using the figure for a C3G card ... not a "construct" though. We've established that constructs, for C3G, are things made by Green and Yellow Lanterns.
Also, I don't think that it's iconic for Ice to create constructs, so it wouldn't make sense in association with that card. It might on another, though.
Actually, the green construct was the first thing I was reminded of when I saw the comic page where she summons the ice elemental. It was even "ghostly".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oh, and if you want to see my feelings on character specific references in general, check out the Book of Colossus.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 19th, 2010, 12:35 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Would you be against using the Greater Ice Elemental figure for a C3G Ice Construct card?
I have plenty of Greater Ice Elemental figures I'm not using for anything else, so I wouldn't mind using the figure for a C3G card ... not a "construct" though. We've established that constructs, for C3G, are things made by Green and Yellow Lanterns.
Also, I don't think that it's iconic for Ice to create constructs, so it wouldn't make sense in association with that card. It might on another, though.
Actually, the green construct was the first thing I was reminded of when I saw the comic page where she summons the ice elemental. It was even "ghostly".
I'm saying we want to avoid mechanical issues that might come up with using the species "construct" on non-Lantern construct, not just thematic issues.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 19th, 2010, 12:39 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I understand in this case, Bats, that naming it WOULD be odd, but honestly, like it was said earlier, we're custom creators!!! Who cares?! If an official figure is perfect to go with a C3G in terms of synergy, why not use it other than a little odd theme? An Ice Elemental is hardly strictly D&D anyway, it's just a hunk of ice. If it was a Drow, that's a different story.

And besides, I'm really looking forward to a Bucky sidekick C3G figure that can be a sidekick to Drake. Because that'd be awesome. (AND thematic. Heck, Drake could've fought with Cap and Bucky in WWII, for all we know )

(My goodness, new ideas for my scenario! :O )
I care. A certain level of thematic accuracy is needed for this project to be worthwhile. Could we give Superman a Tear Gas Fart Special Attack? Heck yeah. Could be fun and playable and we're just a bunch of custom designers anyway, right? Could we give Iron Man figure bonding with Agent Carr? Sure we could. Agents exist in Iron Man's universe, and isn't Agent Carr a heck of a lot like Nick Fury (bald dome and all)? But ... Agent Carr fights for Vydar in Valhalla and comes from an alternate version of Earth. And Superman doesn't get Tear Gas Farts unless he's eaten a bunch of Tear Gas Casserole the night before (which is not at all thematic).
So there's a lot of stuff we could do willy nilly under the banner of "hey, it's a custom project, why not?" But, frankly, therein lies the road to crap.
You know I'm not talking about that. The Ice Elemental can be interpreted as something that Ice (I have no idea who this is, mind you ) created. It's just a thing, not exactly iconic.
And hey, Nick Fury could have an agent leadership ability. Sure, Carr and the Krav aren't from Fury's world, but they're still agents, and could easily work with him. (Aside from the fact that the KMA obviously don't need a boost).
That's the essence of 'Scape to me, and one reason I really don't like the D&D stuff. The crazy synergies of everyone working together is REALLY COOL.

And if you're so against this, why did Jonah Hex pass? He's basically MEANT to be played with original 'Scape, and it's a great figure.

I understand that they're not the same, but to just try to ignore everything takes so much away from the game.
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:40 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Oh, and if you want to see my feelings on character specific references in general, check out the Book of Colossus.
Oh, and to clarify, I'm just using this case as an example, I'm not keen on specifics, either. Just so we're clear!
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
You know I'm not talking about that. The Ice Elemental can be interpreted as something that Ice (I have no idea who this is, mind you ) created. It's just a thing, not exactly iconic.
So you're on board with not referencing the character specifically since the character comes with its card ...

Quote:
And hey, Nick Fury could have an agent leadership ability. Sure, Carr and the Krav aren't from Fury's world, but they're still agents, and could easily work with him. (Aside from the fact that the KMA obviously don't need a boost).
That's the essence of 'Scape to me, and one reason I really don't like the D&D stuff. The crazy synergies of everyone working together is REALLY COOL.
I'm not against synergies based on class or species (as long as the class and species exist in all universes involved - we made very sure that there were Symbiotes in the DC universe before referencing them on Black Canary's card). I'm against referencing specific characters from a different universe.
To clarify, since you're not seeming to understand we're fairly on the same page here - referencing lawmen and agents = good. Referencing Deadeye Dan and Agent Carr by name = baaaad.

Old October 19th, 2010, 12:48 AM
...has moist legs

Huh, well, I guess we had a misunderstanding... The whole Superman tear gas fart kind of got me riled up...

I'm sorry if I sounded hostile, or anything. I love 'Scape, and to me, C3G is part of 'Scape, and I don't like it when people suggest tearing them apart

We're all buddies here!
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:49 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

New 5:

King Kong
Damsel in Distress
Cat Man
Ice
Ice Elemental

Quote:
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
To clarify, since you're not seeming to understand we're fairly on the same page here - referencing lawmen and agents = good. Referencing Deadeye Dan and Agent Carr by name = baaaad.
To me, the difference is clear. Black Canary and Bob, Agent of Hydra are unique heroes. Uncommon heroes are just generic dudes like a "lawman hero" or whatever.

Quote:
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I understand in this case, Bats, that naming it WOULD be odd, but honestly, like it was said earlier, we're custom creators!!! Who cares?! If an official figure is perfect to go with a C3G in terms of synergy, why not use it other than a little odd theme? An Ice Elemental is hardly strictly D&D anyway, it's just a hunk of ice. If it was a Drow, that's a different story.

And besides, I'm really looking forward to a Bucky sidekick C3G figure that can be a sidekick to Drake. Because that'd be awesome. (AND thematic. Heck, Drake could've fought with Cap and Bucky in WWII, for all we know )

(My goodness, new ideas for my scenario! :O )
I care. A certain level of thematic accuracy is needed for this project to be worthwhile. Could we give Superman a Tear Gas Fart Special Attack? Heck yeah. Could be fun and playable and we're just a bunch of custom designers anyway, right? Could we give Iron Man figure bonding with Agent Carr? Sure we could. Agents exist in Iron Man's universe, and isn't Agent Carr a heck of a lot like Nick Fury (bald dome and all)? But ... Agent Carr fights for Vydar in Valhalla and comes from an alternate version of Earth. And Superman doesn't get Tear Gas Farts unless he's eaten a bunch of Tear Gas Casserole the night before (which is not at all thematic).
So there's a lot of stuff we could do willy nilly under the banner of "hey, it's a custom project, why not?" But, frankly, therein lies the road to crap.

And if you're so against this, why did Jonah Hex pass? He's basically MEANT to be played with original 'Scape, and it's a great figure.

I understand that they're not the same, but to just try to ignore everything takes so much away from the game.
Synergies are lots of fun to play, sure, but when a figure references a SPECIFIC character when the two are not THEMATICALLY appropriate, it is going to fail the Theme test. Also, it is also going to force players to draft the two thematically inappropriate units together if they want to get the full value out of the one unit that has the reference.

On Jonah Hex, it is lots of fun to play him with Lawmen isn't it?
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:
To me, the difference is clear. Black Canary and Bob, Agent of Hydra are unique heroes. Uncommon heroes are just generic dudes like a "lawman hero" or whatever.
My point in all of this is that I would not want to have a C3G Unit that required the drafting of a unit (or even specifically referred to a unit) from Valhalla for it to have its full value. Ice isn't in Valhalla. She hasn't been summoned by Jandar or anyone else. I'm fine if she happens to work well with a figure from Valhalla that follows Jandar, but it makes zero thematic sense for her to refer to something that doesn't exist in her universe on her card. That would be, in my opinion, sloppy design work.
I might want my Captain America to work well with GI Joes, but I wouldn't say "All GI Joes adjacent to Captain American get one extra attack die." If I did, then:

1) Captain America wouldn't be at full value with the Avengers, but only when he was with some GI Joes.
2) There'd be that moment of why's Captain America referencing GI Joes? They don't exist in his universe ...

Old October 19th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
New 5:

King Kong
Damsel in Distress
Cat Man
Ice
Ice Elemental
I don't know if my comment just got lost, if you just want to try anyway, or if Balantai told you to fight me with everything you got , but I was trying to help you by letting you know that the Heroes actually voted on Damsel and King Kong months ago and agreed that we didn't want to see either one created.... and so you know, I fought for King Kong a bit.

I would still like to see your notes on Cat Man.

Oh, and just in case you haven't, be sure to continue to update your one post that is linked in the front page and we can always find your top 5 with ease.

So would you like to share Cat Man with us?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy