Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 9th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Glyph of Cosmic Control Rod

The Book of the Glyph of Cosmic Control Rod

C3G MARVEL FANTASTIC FOUR MASTER SET
FANTASTIC FORCES UNITE!

Card PDF

Glyph PDF
All Fantastic Forces Glyphs 1 PDF

Glyph Bio - From the Negative Zone, this item truly belongs to the maniacal monster known as Annihilus, but more than a few people have attempted to steal it from him. The range of the power that this item can produce is not completely documented, but one thing is for sure--this is most assuredly a weapon of great power.

-Type of Glyph-
  • Equipment Glyph: See the rules for Equipment Glyphs HERE.
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits ReceivedSynergy Benefits Offered
  • Annihilus adds 2 to his roll when activating the Glyph of Cosmic Control Rod and may remove a wound from his card at the end of a round if equipped with it.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 02:18 PM. Reason: png
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:21 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Glyph of Cosmic Control Rod

NAME = GLYPH OF COSMIC CONTROL ROD
SUBTITLE = AUTOMATIC WOUND

EQUIPMENT GLYPH

After moving and before attacking, you may choose an opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If this figure is Annihilus, add 2 to the roll. If you roll:
  • 1-4, this figure receives a wound.
  • 5-19, the chosen figure receives a wound.
  • 20 or higher, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ronin; May 24th, 2016 at 12:13 PM.
Old July 9th, 2010, 02:31 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

@ A3n
  1. Thanks
  2. Well this was fun. I pulled several cards that deal 1 point of damage, and I got consistent inconsistency...
  • GREATER ICE ELEMENTAL - "the opponent's figure receives 1 wound"
  • ARKMER - "the opponent's figure receives one wound"
  • NAKITA AGENTS - "the opponent's figure receives a wound"
  • SONLEN - "the chosen figure receives one wound'
  • KELDA - "add 2 markers"
  • SUJOAH - "add 1 additional wound marker"
  • KEE-MO-SHI - "that figure receieves one wound"
  • ESTIVARA - "add 1 additional wound marker"
  • DEEPWYRM DROW - "add 1 additional wound"
  • CYPRIEN - "the chosen figure receives 1 wound"
  • MARRDEN HOUNDS - "that figure receives a wound"
  • FIRE ELEMENTAL - "that figure receives 1 wound"
So I think we have a large selection to choose from, but basically, I think the lesson I learned here is that we should feel free to play around with these words a bit to fit our needs, without having to follow a formula. And so since "receive" is used a lot, and because this power works after moving and before attacking, and it has a range of 4, I am gonna go with the Unique Hero Sonlen, and take some wording from his card.
  1. Well since this is a Glyph, and since the Mittonsoul (auto-destroying Glyph) destroys all sizes of figures, I thought "why not". Plus the Cosmic Control Rod is a very powerful weapon in the MARVEL-U. What does everyone think, should this only work on small and medium figures? I tend to lean towards no, especially since the other affects do not have a size limit. Though, if we did want a size limit, I think it should apply to the other rolls as well.
Old July 9th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The "this figure" part is a little confusing since it's text on a glyph ...
In what situations would it be desirable for a scientist to subtract 4 from the roll? I'm not sure that needs to be an option.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 9th, 2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The "this figure" part is a little confusing since it's text on a glyph ...
It is a common term used several times on Glyphs these days. I like the addition of this new phrase, as it brings even more clarity than the earlier glyphs. No it is not needed, but it is welcomed. I remember when you and I were writing the wording for the WF glyphs we wanted to use some similar language, but because there was no 'precedent' at the time, we boxed ourselves in to the concept of assuming the player understands the rules of glyphs completely, without any additional aid.
Quote:
In what situations would it be desirable for a scientist to subtract 4 from the roll? I'm not sure that needs to be an option.
I agree.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:14 AM

C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT GLYPHS: Cosmic Shielding, Shrinking Ray Gun, Teleportation Belt, and the Negative Portal Zone

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

- Army Test/ Does it pass? PASS
Map: Ravaged Road
Units: Superman, GL (Hal), and Flash VS Wolverine, Deadpool, and Doomsday
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:28 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Great write up Griff, it was a fun read & sounded like the game was fun to.

Cheers
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Crazy, what what with all the glyph shenanigans and all...
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:17 AM

That test was crazy. It was like constant grabing of glyphs and such. After playing these games with lots of Equipment Glyphs, and after playing some recent games with a lot of Treasure Glyphs, I have noticed that yes there are some subtle differences between the two, but the single biggest difference in game play is with Treasure Glyphs, often one hero ends up with a lot of glyphs and steam rolls the match, where as with the Equipment Glyphs there is a lot of knocking the glyphs around and new heroes picking them up.

To each his own, but I do like ours better. Plus a bunch of Treasure Glyphs on our Super Heroes could really be broken.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I'm in favor of not doing Treasure Glyphs as the C3G. That's an official/DnD thing and the mechanics are different enough from ours to just make things confusing. I say we stick to Equipment Glyphs from here on out.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 26th, 2010, 05:12 AM

ERB sent.
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, I'm in favor of not doing Treasure Glyphs as the C3G. That's an official/DnD thing and the mechanics are different enough from ours to just make things confusing. I say we stick to Equipment Glyphs from here on out.
I don't think there's any reason to completely rule out us ever using Treasure Glyphs, but I do agree that they're different from Equipment Glyphs. We should use whichever one fits best for the specific glyph.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library