Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:58 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Moon Lake: The Battle at Moon Lake Scenerio

Deep in the Jungles controlled by the Valkyrie General Aquilla, there lies a lake with a stone Altar. The lake is said to have sacred powers, and is guarded by the Kyrie of the Moon Tribe. Because of their constant vigilance over Moon Lake, few have ever ventured there and survived to describe it.

Battles continue to rage throughout Valhalla. While Sgt. Drake and his band of travelers have befriended the Moon Tribe and their leader Aquilla, no one truly understands the raw power that a single relic can have over the fates of the coming battles.

The Kyrie Totem, long thought lost, has been found in separate pieces buried deep in the Jungle. The Moon Tribe has searched countless generations to unite the pieces of the Totem. When united, the being that recants the sacred phrases on the Altar of Moon Lake will gain control of the Moon Tribe, and all of their secrets. It has cost both teams much to gain control of a fragment of the Totem. Only true heroes could enter the sacred dwellings where the fragments were buried. The
remnants of those heroic groups have finally converged on Moon Lake.

Now, with each group in control of part of the Totem, they must battle to unite the pieces, and finally decide which side of the conflict the Moon Tribe will fight for.

Summary:
  • Requires 2 Swarm of the Marro Mastersets and 2 Ticalla Jungle sets
  • 2 players
  • Goal: Gain control of your opponent’s fragment of the Kyrie Totem, combine that piece with your own fragment to unite the Totem, and make it to the Altar of Moon Lake to gain the Moon Tribe’s allegiance.
  • Setup: Each player brings a pre-made 450 point Army that is only made up of Unique Heroes. Each Army must have a Glyph of Brandar (Totem fragment).
  • Prior to placing order markers for the first round, each player must select one Unique Hero they control to hold onto their Totem fragment. Place the Totem Fragment on that figure’s Army Card.
  • Special Rules: The Glyphs of Brandar are considered to be pieces of the Totem. See below on how they are lost or passed between figures. Once one figure controls both glyphs, the Totem is now considered to be fused together. Discard the second glyph from that figure’s Army Card and remove it from the game.
  • A Hero that controls a Totem Fragment, or the complete Totem subtracts 1 from its attack value on its Army Card.
  • Passing the Totem: A Totem Fragment, or a complete Totem, may be passed between two adjacent figures in the same Army at any time during that player’s turn. Place the Glyph on the adjacent figure’s Army Card. That figure is now in control of the Totem Fragment, or complete Totem.
  • Losing the Totem: If at any point a Hero that controls a Totem Fragment, or the complete Totem is destroyed by a ranged attack, place the Totem on the space that figure occupied. If the figure is destroyed by an adjacent figure, place the Totem Fragment, or the complete Totem, on that figure’s Army Card.
  • Picking up the Totem: If a figure lands on a space with a Glyph of Brandar on it, they must end their movement. Place the Glyph of Brandar on that figure’s Army Card. That figure is now in control of the Totem Fragment, or complete Totem.
  • Victory: Victory is achieved by eliminating all of your opponent’s figures, or by standing on the Altar of Moon Lake with one of your figures that controls the fused Totem.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Last edited by xraine69; May 31st, 2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:05 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Moon Lake: ML1-The Battle at Moon Lake

I guess I'll have to try to get things started. We will be gaming tomorrow and I have decided to go with Moon Lake from the online scenerios. Any ideas on army builds?

My friends are still fairly new to the game, so I am restricting my builds to C and lesser ranked units.

My son and I have chosen our armies for tomorrow.
His: Q-10, Hydra, Dupuis and McCreech
I chose Kee-Mo-Shi and Moriko for a little better than average stats, threat and multiple attack, DW8k for range and possible multiple attacks and Saylind for mobility, setting up DW8k, and to safely pull figures out of engagement. My strategy is to have Saylund carry the fragment and use my other heroes to secure the other fragment. Once one of them can secure the fragment, I can attempt to summon that hero, complete the totem and send Saylund to the altar.

We weren't able to get the group together today, but My son and I just had a game. Battle Report: To start the game, I used Saylund to move DW2k and Kee to high ground. Lilman brought Dupius to high ground and Q10, then moved his Hydra. I managed to get range on the Hydra and Took 2 heads with Rapid Fire. He tried flanking with Dupius, but Kee mindshakled with a 20! I used Dupious to wound Q10 a couple of times till I got moved around enough to disengage and attack the Hydra for another head. For some reason my son got fixated on DW2k with Q10 and took out Dupius. Kee was at the top of the map while Saylund was at the bottom. I summoned Kee, next turn Kee rushed the Hydra and took the last head and the fragment. She took 2 wounds from Q10 and then Saylund summoned Kee, with the complete totem, Saylund flew to the altar for a victory. Actually a fun scenerio using just all heroes. It fits my style of play. I am quite used to more complicated OM management.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles