Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 11th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Thor - Playtesting Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm more good questions on Mjolnir. We can either go with "if the defending figure was not destroyed" or something like "on the space occupied by the defending figure at the time of the attack" or something like that.
I think I prefer "if the defending figure was not destroyed - so he can only hammer throw into engagement.
1)Thematically that makes no sense though. He couldn't wait to see if the thrown hammer actually killed someone before deciding to hang on to the hammer and follow it.

2.)As for the free disengage, the reasoning from several people was that if he just hit everyone around him with his hammer, they'd be too stunned to deliver a leaving engagement attack.

1. That's right, now that I think about my reasoning for it before, he's holding onto the hammer as it's flying. So it's not so much a "hammer throw" but more of a "leading with hammer" while flying attack. The only thing with this is that it allows the player controlling him to decide after the fact if he moves with the hammer or not and that decision could be determined by the results of the attack. Is that an issue? It would give him more cowbell in a way. Or should you have to say before the attack whether you're flying with it or just throwing it?

2. But what if he misses everyone around him? Are they stunned enough from the attempt?

Okay, now back to test analysis. I ran him in a test @ 400 points with he, Cap and Hawkgirl for total of 845 points vs. Green Lantern, WW and Batman for 850 points.

Cap survived with 4 wounds. It could have ended up with Thor and Cap with several wounds, but Batman put 6 out of a possible 8 Evasive Strike wounds on attackers. 3 vs. Thor and 3 vs. Cap. So normally, I would have expected this to end with Thor and Cap with several wounds each. Bats was last man standing and was very awesome, I haven't seen him dish out the ES wounds like that since way back in playtesting for World's Finest. It certainly hasn't been like that in any games since then before now. Also, GL had a bad game by rolling 0 shields vs. 2 skull hammer throw. GL had height and though 8 def was enough, so he took early 2 wounds. Later after using shield marker, he had height again and Thor attacked normally and rolled 3 skulls, GL had next OM and figured he could survive 3 skull attack with 7 defense. But he only rolled 1 shield and died.

I had the chance to LE with a Hammer Throw one time but he was engaged to WW and didn't want her to be able to Lasso again, so he stayed put. I didn't use all adjacent attack vs. mid/upper level opponents because it could be a big bust. I also didn't wast an attack vs. mid/upper level opponents this time because it's a big waste and potentially deadly to him if he misses. I'll save that for low-level units and squads.

I'll work on a test sheet for now. But my feeling right now is that with def. down to 7 and GOTS @ 3. but all else the same as on first post, he would be worth 400. If he got his defense back up to 8, then he would likely fall in the 420 mark IMO.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:20 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

FYI Took the day off yesterday and had some fun with my friend. I held of on the playtest like Bats said, so I'll playtest him today.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
1. That's right, now that I think about my reasoning for it before, he's holding onto the hammer as it's flying. So it's not so much a "hammer throw" but more of a "leading with hammer" while flying attack. The only thing with this is that it allows the player controlling him to decide after the fact if he moves with the hammer or not and that decision could be determined by the results of the attack. Is that an issue? It would give him more cowbell in a way. Or should you have to say before the attack whether you're flying with it or just throwing it?
Technically, you should move adjacent to the figure before attacking, right? Since he's following his hammer?

So what about something like this:

Quote:
MJOLNIR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 + Special. Attack 4.

When Thor attacks with his Mjolnir Special Attack, you may choose to do one or both of the following:
•Attack all adjacent figures. Roll attack dice once. All defending figures roll defense dice separately.
•Attack a non-adjacent figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Thor. Thor may attack non-adjacent figures while he is engaged.

Before attacking a non-adjacent figure with Mjolnir Special Attack, you may place Thor on any space adjacent to the chosen figure. When Thor moves using Mjolnir Special Attack, Thor will not take leaving engagement attacks.
Quote:
2. But what if he misses everyone around him? Are they stunned enough from the attempt?
I believe this was Spidery's idea, and yes that was the reasoning he gave. Even if Thor misses, they're too busy trying to block/dodge the whirling hammer that they can't attack him.

Quote:

Okay, now back to test analysis. I ran him in a test @ 400 points with he, Cap and Hawkgirl for total of 845 points vs. Green Lantern, WW and Batman for 850 points.

Cap survived with 4 wounds. It could have ended up with Thor and Cap with several wounds, but Batman put 6 out of a possible 8 Evasive Strike wounds on attackers. 3 vs. Thor and 3 vs. Cap. So normally, I would have expected this to end with Thor and Cap with several wounds each. Bats was last man standing and was very awesome, I haven't seen him dish out the ES wounds like that since way back in playtesting for World's Finest. It certainly hasn't been like that in any games since then before now. Also, GL had a bad game by rolling 0 shields vs. 2 skull hammer throw. GL had height and though 8 def was enough, so he took early 2 wounds. Later after using shield marker, he had height again and Thor attacked normally and rolled 3 skulls, GL had next OM and figured he could survive 3 skull attack with 7 defense. But he only rolled 1 shield and died.

I had the chance to LE with a Hammer Throw one time but he was engaged to WW and didn't want her to be able to Lasso again, so he stayed put. I didn't use all adjacent attack vs. mid/upper level opponents because it could be a big bust. I also didn't wast an attack vs. mid/upper level opponents this time because it's a big waste and potentially deadly to him if he misses. I'll save that for low-level units and squads.

I'll work on a test sheet for now. But my feeling right now is that with def. down to 7 and GOTS @ 3. but all else the same as on first post, he would be worth 400. If he got his defense back up to 8, then he would likely fall in the 420 mark IMO.
Given those results, I would prefer his Defense back at 8 and his cost around 420.
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
FYI Took the day off yesterday and had some fun with my friend. I held of on the playtest like Bats said, so I'll playtest him today.
Thanks, scapemage. Before you start though, let's figure out exactly how the new wording on the special attack should work and whether we're going to make his Defense 7 or 8.
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Thor @ 420 Points Pass @ 430

C3G CHECK LIST FEEDBACK FORM
- Theme/ Does it pass, if not, list your Theme Check observations. Pass
- Mirror/ Does it pass, if not, list your Mirror Check observations. Pass
- Bonding/ Does it pass, if not, list your Bonding Check observations. Pass
- Synergy/ Does it pass, if not, list your Synergy Check observations. Pass
- Power/ Does it pass, if not, list your Power Check observations. Pass
C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM
(Be sure to list what official units you used and what BoV map you used per section below.)
-
Heavy Hitter/ Does it pass? Pass
On Ruins of Pine Tree map (HH Tests done with him having 7 defense and tested at 400 points)

Vs. Hulk
Test 1 – Hulk won with 6 wounds on turn 4 of round 2.
Test 2 - Hulk won with 4 wounds on turn 4 of round 1(6sk/0shield kill).
Test 3 – Thor won with 5 wounds on turn 1 of round 2.

Vs. Superman
Test 1 – Supes won with 4 wounds on turn 3 of round 2.
Test 2 – Thor won with 7 wounds on turn 2 of round 2.
Test 3 – Thor won with 6 wounds on turn 2 of round 2.

Vs. Darkseid
Test 1 – DS won with 3 wounds on turn1 of round 2.
Test 2 – DS won with 4 wounds on turn 4 of round 2.
Test 3 – DS won with 2 wounds on turn 1 of round 2.
Test 4 – DS won with 3 wounds on turn 4 of round 2
Test 5 – DS won with 5 wounds on turn 2 of round 2.

Vs. Green Lantern
Test 1 – GL won with 1 wound and 3 shield markers left on turn 1 of round 2.
Test 2 – Thor won with 4 wounds on turn 2 of round 3.
Test 3 – Thor won with 5 wounds on turn 3 of round 3.

Squad/ Does it pass? Pass
Played on Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh
Test 1 vs. 10th Reg x 5 + 2 (412 points) (Tested with 7 defense @ 400-420points)

Thor was killed on turn 6 of round 3. He killed 13 of 22 10th Reg. His God of Thunder Strike missed all 6 10th Reg that he tried it against. His all adjacent attack and hammer throw helped as he didn’t need to use his normal attack vs these guys. Also, if he missed with all adjacent attack, he wasn’t too afraid of their low attacks ,though unlike the 4th Mass, the 10th can W+F to get att.3 or move adjacent to get 3 attack. Had his GOTS killed 2 of 6, then he’d have been that much more successful with 15 of 22 killed.

Test 2 vs. Knights of Weston x 6 (420 points) (tested with 7 defense @420 points)

Thor won with 2 wounds on turn 4 of round 4. GOTS killed 1 of 4 KOW it was used against. The KOW rolled horrible attack dice and never even rolled 3 skulls, not once. Heck, I get 3 skulls a lot from Batman’s Batarang, but then again, it is Batman. Combine that with Thor rolling 4 skulls with his all adjacent attack 3 times, twice vs. 2 KOW and once vs. 4 KOW, killing all of them. He rolled 3 skulls with it once vs. 3 KOW, killing all of them too. I really wouldn’t expect this result to be typical, as Thor rolled fantastic against units that had to be adjacent to attack and the KOW had plenty of attacks against him, but they either whiffed, or rolled 1 or 2 skulls with their attacks.

Squad test 3 (updated to GOTS 3wounds, def8 and one roll hammer for throw too 4/15/10)

Vs. Wolves of Badrue x 5 (400) Pass @ 430 points

Thor won with 7 wounds on turn 6 of round 2. 5 wolves died from pounce attack that didn't kill Thor, but the pounces did put 5 wounds on him. GOTS didn't kill any of 5 attempted against. His Hammer attacks were all above average with 3, 3 and 3 skulls for all adjacent (only one time not killing a Wolf) and a throw only early on with a 4 skull roll to kill the wolf. He used normal attack with height one time for a kill.

He was very tough. Wolves might have had a chance if he even had a couple bad attack rolls, but 3 def going against 3 or 4 skulls isn't going to go very well. However, had he had a whiff attack an a 1 and 2 skull attacks with Hammer (have had that happen before), then Wolves could have won.

-Army Test 1/ Does it pass? Pass at 400-410 (tested with 7 defense)
Played on Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh map

I felt that Thor was worth 400 the way that I’ve tested him with 7 def. So I tested him at that for Army Test 1. I can change to defense of 8 for Army Test 2 and bump him to 420 points.

Thor (400), Hawkgirl (225) and Captain America (220) for 845
Vs.
Green Lantern (350) Wonder Woman (300) and Batman (200) for 850 points.

R 1 – Bats moves. Cap moves. WW moves to height adjacent to Bats. Hawkgirl moves adjacent to Cap for defense bonus. GL takes advantage of 9 move to get height and attack ( vs. Cap and puts 1 wound on Cap. Thor moves and throws hammer at WW for 1 wound and moves adjacent to her and Bats.

R 2 – GL whiffs attack w/height vs Hawkgirl. HG Swoops>2 to attack GL with 7 attack, but she’s nearly as bad as GL just was and only rolls 1 skull to his 1 shield. GL attacks HG and puts 3 wounds on her but fails Fearless Charge roll. Thor attacks WW and puts 2 wounds on her. He then throws hammer at GL with height and his 2 skulls put 2 wounds on GL since he Whiffed defense with height of 8 (he had a bad day). Thor didn’t follow hammer as he didn’t want to leave disengage with WW and let her use her Lasso. WW leaves engagement for 1 wound (4) so she can use Lasso later. She flies out of reach of anyone to engage her. Cap moves adjacent to HG to give her def/attack bonus and he throws his shield vs. GL and Batman. He rolls 4 skulls vs. GL and forces him to use first shield marker. But Cap took a wound (2) from Batman’s Evasive Strike.

R 3 – Cap move adjacent to GL but misses with only 1 skull attack. WW moves and Lassos Thor to lower space and attacks with height but her 2 skulls are blocked by his 3 shields. HG uses Stealth Flying to move away from GL and engage WW to break Lasso bond on Thor. HG had Swooped >2 so she attacks with 1 attack of 7 and rolled 5 skulls to WW’s 0 shields to kill the Amazon. GL leaves engagement from Cap for 0 wound. He didn’t want to risk attacking Cap and his Counterstrike. GL moved to be adjacent to Thor and attack him with height (6 + 1 for 7 att) He put 2 wounds on Thor (2) but missed Fearless Charge roll. Thor attacks GL with height and rolled 3 skulls. GL had def of 7 because of height and had next OM, so he risked rolling defense instead of using 2nd shield marker so he could have att7 vs. Thor next turn. But to continue with GL’s bad day, he only rolled 1 shield to take final 2 wounds. Thor then threw hammer and followed it at Batman, but Thor took a wound (3) from Bats’ Evasive Strike. GL dead so no turn.

R 4 – Thor attack Bats and takes another wound (4) from Bats’ Evasive Strike. Can’t throw hammer at anyone as Bats is last one in his army. Bats attacks Thor and puts 2 wounds on him (6). Thor attacked Bats, but took another wound (7) from Bats’ Evasive Strike. Bats attacks Thor and his 1 skull roll is enough to kill Thor sine he whiffed defense roll. OM 3 on Thor and he misses turn. Bats Grapples adjacent to HG, attacks and puts 1 wound on her (4).

R 5 – Bats kills Hawkgirl. HG had OM1 on her card and misses turn. Bats throws batarang at Cap to avoid Counterstrike but misses. Cap takes a wound (3) from Bats’ ES after throwing shield at him. Bats misses with batarang again. Cap puts 2 wounds on Batman(2) with shield throw and Batman finally missed ES.

R 6 – Batman misses with batarang. Cap takes another wound (4) from another ES from Batman. Bats misses again with batarang (really not liking Counterstrike 6 Def). Cap kills Bats with 3 skull shield throw vs. 1 shield after Bats missed ES roll.

Captain America lives with 5 wounds. GL had bad day, but so did Thor and Cap vs. Batman’s Evasive Strike. They could have both survived with several wounds, were it not for 6 wounds put on with ES. Things could have also been different had GL had a good game. Thor didn’t try attacking all adjacents when he was adjacent to both WW and Bats, as it was a weak attack vs. good opponents and would risk ES. He also didn’t want to try God of Thunder Strike and waste a turn vs. good opponents.

I’d say that Thor was worth no more that 400 at this point. If his def. were at 8, he’d should go up to 420 I suppose. He’d be better vs. squads for sure and since he already did well when tested vs. 410 and 420 worth of squads and 7 def, he’d be that much better vs. them with 8 def. 8Def wouldn’t help him vs. Batman’s ES or a Counterstrike wound, or d20 wounds.

Army Test 2/ Does it Pass? Tested @ 430 - Pass (tested with 8 defense w/1 hammer roll)
Thor (430)/Hulk (370) for 800 vs. Superman (400)/Darkseid (380) for 780

DS move
Hulk Leap to height
Supes flies to height
Thor moves to height adjacent to Hulk and attempts hammer throw at DS, knowing he might also wound Hulk (which wouldn't be so bad early on ) but Thor whiffs on his hammer attack (where was that vs. Wolves of Badru? )
Superman moves to attack Thor with height and only rolls 2 skulls, but Thor whiffs defense and takes 2 wounds.
Hulk moves and attacks DS with a 4/2 attack to put 2 wounds on DS.

Thor attack with height vs. Superman with a 5/4 attack to put 1 wound on Supes.
Supes leaves engagement for 1 wound(2) so he get to same level to attack Thor but only has a 2/3 attack.
Thor attacks Supes with a 1/5 attack.
DS attacks Hulk with a 5/2 attack for 3 wounds on Hulk.
Hulk attacks DS for a 6/1 attack to make quick work of DS.
Supes attack Thor with a 2/3 attack.

Supes not rolling good attack, misses Thor with a 2/2 attack.
Thor puts 1 wound (3) on Supes with a 4/3 attack.
Supes hits paydirt with a 5/0 attack vs. Thor for 5 wounds (5)
Thor gives a little payback with a 6/3 attack vs. Supes for 3 wounds (6)
Supes Attacks Thor with a 5/3 attack for 2 wounds (2)
Hulk move and attack Supes w/height with a 4/4 attack.

Supes attack with height vs. Hulk with a 6/1 attack for 5 wounds to kill Hulk.
Thor misses Supes with a 3/3 attack.
Supes puts the God of Thunder down with a 4/2 attack.

Superman survives with 6 wounds to take the close victory. His defense made up for his crappy early attacks. DS only put 3 wounds on Hulk before dying, but on Hulk's first attack of 5 dice, Hulk rolled 4 skulls to only 2 shields for DS. On Hulk's second attack on DS with 8 dice, he rolled 6 skulls to 1 shield for DS. So those were awesome rolls for Hulk with just pitiful defense by DS.

Army Test 3, Does it Pass? Tested @ 430 - Pass (tested at 8 def. and 1 hammer roll)

Thor (430) and Cap (220) for 650
vs.
Hulk (370) and Wolverine (280) for 650

Wolvie moves
Cap moves
Wolvie moves
Cap moves and attacks Wolvie with a 4/1 attack for 3 wounds (3)
Hulk Leaps and attacks(3) vs. Cap for a 3/2 attack and 1 wound (1)
Thor move to height and attack Hulk with a 7/1 attack for 6 wounds (6)
Wolvie uses X to remove WM (2)

Thor attack w/height vs. Hulk but misses with a 3/4 attack
Hulk attack (11) vs Cap for a 8/2 attack and dead Cap.
Cap dead, no turn
Wolverine moves to same level as Thor and attack x 3 but only puts 1 wound on Thor (1) and Wolvie removes WM (1).
Thor attack w/height vs. Hulk and kills him with a 6/1 attack
Wolverine attack x 2 vs. Thor but fails to wound, but removes WM (0)

Thor attacks Wolvie with a 1/0 attack for 1 wound (1)
Wolvie attacks x2 but whiffs both attacks, removes WM(0)
Thor attacks with a 3/0 attack for 3 wounds on Wolvie (3)
Wolverine attacks x 3 and puts 2 wounds on Thor (3), remove WM (2)
Thor attacks and puts 1 more wound on Wolvie (3)
Wolverine attacks x 3 and puts 3 more wounds on Thor (6) remove 2 WM (1)

Thor puts 2 wounds on Wolvie (3)
Wolvie attacks x 3 and third attack puts last wound on Thor. Remove 1 wm (2)

Wolverine survives with 2 wounds. Thor kept wounding him, but couldn't land the big attack to take Wolvie out. He could have and it could have gone the other way. But he put only 1-3 wounds on at a time and with Wolverine having all OM's on his card, he was able to heal quick enough from the low damage attacks. Hated to try GOTS because of wasting an attack vs. a dangerous opponent. I'd be more likely to use it vs. squads or low level heros.

Yeah, I think that 430 feels right. He's beatable, but like Darkseid, it's not always easy. If Thor is in a situation where he'd rather use his single big attack vs. dangerous opponent, he can have some great or crappy rolls but will only affect one figure. Hammer attack is great for squads or if he leaps into crowd of low/mid level heroes, but if he whiffs, he can be in trouble. He also has to be careful when throwing his hammer that adjacent friendly figures will be affected as well. This in fact could be a nasty strategy with Hulk as a teammate early on when Hulk has 0 wounds. "oops, while throwing my hammer at your figure, I accidentally put 3 wounds on Hulk." However this wouldn't work for Scattering Deathreavers or Civilians as it's a special attack.

If he got Thrown into Blob, even his 8 attack might take a little bit to take out Blob and in the meantime he could be bombarded from someone else.

While he was incredible vs. squads, I doubt that he's going to be facing 430 points worth of squads in gameplay all that often. Though, squads can be effective against him if he's tied up with a dangerous opponent and a squad can pick away at him with 3 or 4 attacks per turn.

Anyway, he's fun and versatile.

After all is said and done, with him at the 8 defense, I'd pass him at 430 points.

Last edited by Hahma; April 16th, 2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Wel,, I might hold of until tonight then, I'm not sure.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Technically, you should move adjacent to the figure before attacking, right? Since he's following his hammer?

So what about something like this:

Quote:
MJOLNIR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 + Special. Attack 4.

When Thor attacks with his Mjolnir Special Attack, you may choose to do one or both of the following:
•Attack all adjacent figures. Roll attack dice once. All defending figures roll defense dice separately.
•Attack a non-adjacent figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Thor. Thor may attack non-adjacent figures while he is engaged.

Before attacking a non-adjacent figure with Mjolnir Special Attack, you may place Thor on any space adjacent to the chosen figure. When Thor moves using Mjolnir Special Attack, Thor will not take leaving engagement attacks.
Quote:
I believe this was Spidery's idea, and yes that was the reasoning he gave. Even if Thor misses, they're too busy trying to block/dodge the whirling hammer that they can't attack him.

Quote:

Given those results, I would prefer his Defense back at 8 and his cost around 420.

The change to Hammer sounds better for "may place" before attacking.

I'm fine with whatever everyone else wants regarding LE when throwing hammer.

In my test sheet, I mentioned that he could go up to 420 with def of 8. However that might make him too good vs. squads.

I am done with testing him for now and have one Army test to do. I will wait for someone else to test him at 420 and 8 defense to see what they come up with. I have spent almost 5 hours working on him this morning and a lot of other time working on him during the week with a variety of tests with different attack # and def #'s. I'm burnt out with him and really need to stop working on him.

I have to turn off computer and not work on anything Scape related for the rest of the day, or my wife will throw the computer, my scape stuff and me out the door. This isn't worth it.

Old April 11th, 2010, 01:09 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I don't wish I knew what Sir G was testing him power level-wise. I don't know if he's going off the first post or what I had adjusted him to.

Right now, I wouldn't put Thor any higher than 400 points. If Sir Galahad did his tests with Thor having 8 defense, then I would say that it wasn't so bad to have it there. I, like some others had initially had concerns about GOTS and being able to attack all adjacents plus throwing his hammer. But Hammer throw is less effective than I had expected, as is all adjacent 1 roll attack and GOTS.
I've managed to keep up with the thread and have been testing him at 8 life, 7 defense, and 3 wounds for GOTS. If Thor has the last turn in the round, I've tried using GOTS then, hoping for initiative the next round. It also sounds like I've had more dice luck with Mjolnir than you have. Hope to get army tests done tonight, but I have to get our taxes done first (and I need LadyGalahad for that).

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 53 - ARKHAM UNLEASHED
Old April 11th, 2010, 01:27 PM

Adam Souza rolls all skulls baby! Adam Souza rolls all skulls baby! Adam Souza rolls all skulls baby! Adam Souza rolls all skulls baby! Adam Souza rolls all skulls baby! Adam Souza rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm more good questions on Mjolnir. We can either go with "if the defending figure was not destroyed" or something like "on the space occupied by the defending figure at the time of the attack" or something like that.
I think I prefer "if the defending figure was not destroyed - so he can only hammer throw into engagement.
Thematically that makes no sense though. He couldn't wait to see if the thrown hammer actually killed someone before deciding to hang on to the hammer and follow it.

As for the free disengage, the reasoning from several people was that if he just hit everyone around him with his hammer, they'd be too stunned to deliver a leaving engagement attack.
I absolutely agree with GO here.

He just whipped Mjolnir in a circle around him. everyone adjacent to him either got hit, or ducked out of the way. Their not going to be in a postition to get in a shot on him as the continued motion of the hammer drags Thor away with him.

Also, Thor is either going to hold onto Mjolnir or not when he throws it. So he should have decided if he was going for the ride, before he finds out whether they survived or not.
Old April 11th, 2010, 01:35 PM

Adam Souza rolls all skulls baby! Adam Souza rolls all skulls baby! Adam Souza rolls all skulls baby! Adam Souza rolls all skulls baby! Adam Souza rolls all skulls baby! Adam Souza rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I will wait for someone else to test him at 420 and 8 defense to see what they come up with.
I've been testing him, and did some casual gaming with him, at 8 defense,

I'm re-running my tests with the GOTS drop to 3 and Mjolnir single target boost to 6.

I haven't found him broken or too good at those levels so far. Admitedly, I haven't done squad tests yet.

In casual play Thor has been owned by Black Canary and Bat Lantern
Old April 11th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I think a 420 Thor would be cool, and I don't think he would be too high.
Old April 11th, 2010, 02:13 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Added 4 HH tests at 8 defense. Will use 8 def for army tests also.
LINK

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 53 - ARKHAM UNLEASHED

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library