Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

View Poll Results: Shadow - Good or Bad?
Good 25 86.21%
Bad 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 1st, 2014, 01:01 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Shadow Poll

Well met!

Is Shadow one of the best things to happen to Heroscape, or the worst? See
Shadow Discussion that prompted this poll.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 1st, 2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old January 1st, 2014, 01:05 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Shadow Poll

If there was a: Kinda Good :bubble then I would vote for that. Shadow isn't really my favorite terrain piece but it does well in some battles and also, helps both sides equally. So for now, I'll vote good.
-NS
Old January 1st, 2014, 02:20 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There's gotta be some middle ground.

I hold that it's an interesting addition to the game that brings new possibilities to the table. However, it is starkly out of place with everything previously released, and it was just a ploy used by WotC to hijack the game for D&D. So as a purist, I don't like them. Even if I wasn't as big of a purist as I am, I would still think that shadow is kind of out of place.
Old January 1st, 2014, 05:10 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Same as El_T

The +1 defense is cool because it's something between height (+1 attack and defense) and nothing. So it gives more strategic options.
Of course if the shadow hexes are placed up then it's really bad (+1 attack +2 defense hello).

In some battlefields the shadow hexes are placed down like in a hole. I think they're a bit useless that way because in 99% of cases it's better to stay even than to have +1 defense and give +1 attack to your opponent.

But otherwise it's really difficult to make it look cool on a battlefield. And it's does not really look like shadow. (I remember when people from WotC showed one hex alone in preview and people were "What is this???").

So so-so. Not awesome not awful.

Old January 6th, 2014, 07:17 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Stygian Rift, Bad Moon Rising, Gravel Garden, Sirocco, etc.

So yea, I think shadow was a fine addition to the game.
Old January 6th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Heh. Looks like I'm the only one who doesn't like them so far.
Old January 6th, 2014, 08:30 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Its more terrain. Can't say its a bad thing.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 6th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Some of my favorite maps are covered in shadow. Defenetly a good thing!

Last edited by orgsbane; January 6th, 2014 at 09:01 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios