View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2018, 09:25 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Orc's Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
On the contrary, I'd say Blades are quite close in power level to Romans and Dwarves. Certainly higher than the B+ squads. FWIW, Greenies are an elite A-, not really fair to compare them to anything else there besides Kaemon.
As a quick aside, I don't really understand this line of reasoning. The point of rankings should be to compare the strength of the various units, which is made easier by the tiers. If it isn't fair to compare Greenscales to the other A- units, shouldn't they be placed at A? Of course the tiers will have variance inside of them, but I don't think it should be so large that it's not reasonable to compare two cards in the same rank.

Quote:
The 6th move isn't really a waste just because Grimnak only has 5. It allows excellent flexibility and tethers. They should also have Nerak of course, as well as sometimes Tornak. Their stats with all those buffs can become quite nice.
Grimnak/Tornak/Nerak's buffs can definitely be nice, but that requires major sacrifices to mobility in order to capitalize on all three, and even with just Grimnak/Nerak, you're not able to take as much advantage of the high move as say, spiders. They're definitely still good and mobile, but I'm not convinced that they're on the same level as Romans or Dwarves. I'd say that they're close, but personally I would leave them at B+.

Quote:
Not knowing that PKs' defense buff doesn't work against specials definitely hurt. I still think you probably should have shoved Concan up adjacent to Zelrig on the central height of Quasatch. Perhaps OM 1 3 PKs, OM 2 Concan first round into OM 1 Concan 2nd?
Part of the problem that I had was that I couldn't reach Zelrig within a single turn, and I was trying to minimize the number of PKs that you could kill in a turn. It would've taken two turns to properly reach the hill, by which point I doubted that Zelrig would still be there (especially after I won my first game kiting Ne-Gok-Sa and Marcus with a 1-life Zelrig for almost two rounds). I probably still should've made that choice to try and force you off the hill if nothing else, but I was hoping to get more value out of the PKs after I screwed up their initial placement and inadvertently left them to die.

Quote:
Concan is pretty bad with Knights simply because there are better options. After 3x Knights and Gilbert, you can take more knights as well as Alastair and Finn depending on points. Concan's buff is pretty redundant with Gilbert, and Finn is always the better choice for the 80.
That's a good point. I've never held Concan in very high regard (granted, I also haven't played with him other than our match at GenCon) largely because I can't find a good place for him in my knight builds. Knights have a ton more options to use than the PKs, many of which bond, so it makes sense that he would have a worse impact on them.