View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2007, 11:47 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Re: ere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Spiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Spiral
Would be nice if Ember Canyon had a 3D Title Page like the rest of the maps do with title and author line. Listing the Set requirements right under the title pdf page also seems like a nice convince that could be added.
Meh. It's all in the thread.
The usefulness or importance of such "minor" details is magnified by the number of people that will eventually use the information and the length of time its projected to be a standardized document.

I am a guy , honestly that at least does try to his homework before just running off at the mouth. Not trying to cause trouble.

It seems pretty common for people to just print out the PDFs not the website forum page rather than having to (akwardly) print out the website forum topic as a "key".

If this is (it is i assume unless the posts are no genuine) long-term project, to be used by 1000s of people , seems like a small bit of effort to make it look polished rather than sort of mildly cobbled together.

Its not a huge issue, just a very easy fix (or so i thought) that will make the whole project look more polished/professional. After going through all the work , a final bit of polish is well worth the effort i think.

Sort of like spending 30 hours on a business presentation and then using sub-par monitors to display it at the meeting when clean/clear ones were 20 minutes worth of extra effort.

I've done a lot of PowerPoint presentations at work and such but never messed with PDFs. Maybe a requirement for future maps to be approved is that the source file be provided somewhere? I was not aware that PDFs were not editable. If once submitted its impossible to make any changes without the author being alive/active it seems like that might be a recipe for frustration in the long term if edits are desired, no?

When i say a lot of presentation work, i mean a lot. Like years and years worth of meetings... ugh. heh. Maybe that's why I'm a bit of a stickler for clearly labeled / uniform keys and/or cover pages that are on the front of hard work. Especially work that will continue to be used by people indefintly.

Seriously not trying to be abrasive or argumentative. I care about these maps and their use as "standard" documents and just want to see them used as much as possible. The more polish the better for this end.
I am going to have to agree with Troy, even if it means more work for me. I think it would be a good thing to also have the maps listed in downloads as BOV maps. People could simply do a search for BOV within downloads and quickly find the tournament maps they are looking for.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)