View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:46 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

Well met!

Based on the very little experience playing, and a bit more considering during army building, my impressions (bold below):

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Just for fun I'll throw my hat into the ring as to how I feel about the new figures power rankings.

A-
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs: They don't have any glaring weakness, although 4 move is slow there 10 threat range is passable for a range squad. with there special attack they can be successful in the squad heavy meta game. Redundant allows them to hold on to height or impotent chock points for the rest of your army.

Redundant Systems seems far better than 4 life, and the same mechanic under different names should lead to a unique squad renaissance.

B+
Skeletons of Annellintia: There survivability with Reanimation and there mobility with Undead Legion means they have a shoot versus almost anyone, there reliance on there cheerleader and there weak stats means they could fall to armies a lot weaker then themselves.

I agree with the guy who said you need a lot of them. Just don't take them if you're using cumulative partial scoring.

Ulfrid Hornwrangler: Good survivability and the potentially to dish out a lot of damage in one turn is the trade mark of the dwarfs heroes and Ulfrid is no exception. I feel he is a little weaker then the other dwarfs in axegrinders builds but being able to also fit into 4th mass builds earns him is rank

If he were a Warlord, he'd be perfect.

Arashara Goshiri: If you allow your opponent to get through 16 or sometimes 20 Romans or Greeks to attack her then your playing them wrong, although she still fears assassin figures like Phantom Knights or Airborne Elites. Her value is lowered if your not playing with glyphs, but a 50 50 shoot each turn of potentially turning any game around can't be undervalued, her 4 attack comes in handy more then one might think.

The "simple, ordinary things" you do do tactically are at risk of being ignored while trying to set her up to shine. I will play her again, as the Romans are faves, but I suspect she is most comparable to a unit such as Kee-Mo-Shi or Sudema.

B

Havech Eradicators: They can deal a lot of damage very fast, to the opponent or yourself. If you have to play them prominently as a melee squad then your basically playing with the horned skulls but for 15 more points, and those occasionally ranged attacks can backfire to often for them to be ranked higher. Though They really can shine in the hands of skilled player who know how to use them.

You're paying the extra points (over Brutes) for the opportunity to attack at range while charging into melee, while not costing 140+ due to the roughly 30% chance of a unit dying while doing so.

Myrddin: the only figure that I have not played multiple games with so his rank is more theory scapeing the anything. With his low defense and potentially high variance self wounding special power he can perform poorly quite easily, his solid special attack and game changing power counter balance that earning him a average B.

Comparable to Heirloom. Better explosion attack and, paired with Kee-Mo-Shi or Runa, should have plenty of opportunities to trade wounds for deaths/Mindshackles/Moon Frenzys/Enslaves . . .

Martial La Hire: A nice stand alone hero that will usually kill around his points unless the dice are particularly hot or cold.

He scares me as is, but I could see giving him Finn's Spirit and/or pairing him with Taelord.

B-
Deathstrike Thrall: They will rarely kill there points, but they do allow the Preyboods to kill there points worth and beyond more often. Versus hero heavy armies they can be lethal, it's a shame that the meta game is squad heavy.

If I knew my opponent was fielding a Hydra . . .

Skull Demon:
Helps push the Deathknights closer to competitiveness, they still are fairly fragile especially with the Deathknights having a difficult time screening for them like other higher men melee squads can do for there Cheerleader.

I'd use 1 or 2 of these guys with the Brutes to deal with Minions/Sentinals and unique squads.

C+

Command Courier: Although fun in causal games, a large point investment for order marker flexibility with a vulnerability to special attacks dose not cut it for me.

I didn't get these guys either.

Elaria the Pale: Another fun figure in casual games that helps out some underused figures, her susceptibility to heros and lack of multiple attacks per order maker hurts her more then her other powers help her.

Only if you can't afford Myrddin.