View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:15 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker
Re: CRC Maps: Iwo Jima virtualscape PDF JPEGs added 20100913

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
Very fine looking maps, CRC. I would guess (?) that Inland Sea would play like a shooting gallery. I could be wrong.

Thank you for posting, they are all pleasing to look at and look perfect for casual games. I'm reminded of some of Ch1can0's larger maps, very pleasing to look at and tons of fun, but probably too terrain-heavy and range-friendly for tournament play.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.
Thank you very much!

Inland Sea being a shooting gallery... yes, sort of. Once you're on the edge of the Sea moving around the edge is a labourous process - one that many figures can't really achieve without getting their toes wet.

Ranged figures do well here, like the Krav, the Q brothers & DED, because engaging them takes longer than normal.

Water units do equally well, though - especially ones with range! Water elementals and the FH do really well, GIEs and the drudge (the forgotten Marro) have little niches where they dominate. The GIE's Ice bridge can be really handy here in moving a squad accross the sea.

Iwo Jima is not as range friendly. I like the basic objectives I've managed to build in. Simple, but considering you've only got ten rounds, you don't want complicated.

Yes, these maps are too large and take too long to set up for tournament play, but are great for casual games - I tend to set them up and leave them there for a week or so (which can be hard when you have curious little'uns around).

Here in Australia I doubt I'll ever play in a tournament.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.