View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2018, 09:57 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The Shaolin Street Sweeper (Master Woo + Master Lao Xin + Monks x3)
Amazing. Welp, guess I know what army I need to play soon...
It's even the unofficial Louisville tournament point total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quite possible, but... I mean, so are Tagawa Samurai Archers? I'm just trying to think of the build I'm putting Yi Feng in. I guess he's probably in the best monk build at 490-505, but with just 6 squaddies... I mean, is that build very good?
Just won our Utah tourney 4-0 with Lau Xin, Yi Feng, Monks X2

Granted, it was a rotating team tourney, but my monks did major damage in all 4 games. Yi Feng was a nice scare tactic and still packed a nice punch. Only ever lost at most 4 of the Shaolins our of the 6 and Lau xin only died once at the end of the game.
Team tournaments are a different animal, but that's still impressive. Are the army lists posted? Did you see a lot of range? I fully acknowledge that he's murder against most melee squads, but it seems like if either army has range he can get picked off in endgame just fine.

I would expect him to last a while most of the time just because I would normally focus on the squad figures first if I was facing that army, until I had them down below a full squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
When units go up, others must be downgraded...
This isn't a curve, it's a measure of value. MLX makes the (best army containing multiple squads of) monks better, but this doesn't make anything else worse.