View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Cookie Cutter Army Discussion and Tiers

Hey all, just figured I'd chime in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I just read that report..... did he ever freaking miss with Morsbane? His average 20-sider roll must've been 17.....
He never mentions missing, although it's arguably implied that he missed with him once against Raelin in one game. There are three successful negations mentioned without a number. The other rolls mentioned by number were 18, 18, 17, 20, and 20. That's... unusual.
While I have to admit that I got exceptionally lucky, I missed and missed badly several times (most of which didn't make it into the battle report). The advantage of the Elf Wizards is that you can activate two heroes per turn. I would not have activated Morsbane if he was the only wizard I got to activate that turn. Morsbane is one of the Elves' best threats to heroes and high-powered unique squads, and I thought it made more sense to send him out early on than to keep him for late in the game. Sending Morsy in on the front lines protected my other, more important wizards and made it so that I could both get the most negation attempts possible and make the most of any negation attempts that did succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Still its awesome to see the elves do good. I think a good reason he was able to do so well with elves is the point total. Im guessing it would've been a different report at 500pts. Of course I don't play elves, ever, so I could be wrong about that.
The point total has a LOT to do with it. That extra 100 points was Morsbane. In addition to several negations, he also made for that much more firepower for Chardris & Jorhdawn, that much more defense for Arkmer, that much more summoning power for Emiroon... and another guy to take the hits on the front line instead of the main attackers. 600 is perfect for the elves and vice-versa. I wasn't going in intending to be competitive, but I now think that they can be in 600+ point formats. In the 500 point range, I don't quite think so.

Last edited by Nadom; January 28th, 2009 at 04:11 PM.