View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2022, 04:53 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Drunkenly Reviewing Every Low-Rated & Unranked Fiction h

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS
Actually, less than 25% of English comes from England (and some of that are from regional dialects from Scotland, Wales and Ireland - noted because most non-British stats lump in being British - i.e. from the British Isles -with being English). Greek, Latin and French are the major contributors to the language. With about 7% making up the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend
P.S. Also, if you're going to critique English spellings... I feel like I've got to break it to you that the proper American spelling is 'gray', not 'grey'. Grey is the English spelling. So unless Vydar is British (entirely possible), it would be 'Gray Valkyrie'.
Hey, when did this become the "critiquing TAF's critiques" show? I won't stand for this mutiny! I obviously put the grey there... to... make sure you were actually reading! Yes, now I know that you read the whole thing so, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend
Is this really a problem? I've been doing these epilogues in nearly everything I write, practically since I began. Sometimes it's called an epilogue, sometimes there too much of it and it's the last chapter. But it's usually there in some form. I'm curious why no one has mentioned it before, but now suddenly two people mention it nearly back-to-back.

~TGRF.
It felt odd here for such a short story. Look, I gotta poke fun at you somewhere

(Don't worry about it, stick with your signatures if you like 'em, like how I'll never stop using parenthetical statements or unironic uses of "..." as dialogue no matter how many people point it out as "technically inappropriate")

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT