View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2017, 01:48 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 27 - ROUND 1

Truly epic game between myself and Dr.Goo. DrG wisely led with the vipers to keep them from being too effective as zombie food, and they did do some glyph-clogging at least. It was a long slog in the middle of the game between gerda-enhanced zombies (along with one hulk) and the DKs. The zombies did kill mittens, all the vipers, four knights, and put 4 wounds on Taelord, but the second-to-last squad of DKs blocked a ton of attacks of 3 and managed to clear out the zombies. The Varja put the last wound on Taelord, but missed every storm roll and got cut to pieces by the DKs while getting nothing with his attacks of 5 and 6.

At that point it was one zombie and the 4 TSAs bidding had left me with against the last 4 death knights. The hot DK defense dried up for long enough for three of the DKs to die, while I still had 3 Tombies left. However, the last DK cut through two of the three tombies before hiding behind a ruin.

What followed was a very extended cat and mouse, with stalemate very much in play and some white knuckle initiative rolls. The DK finally went down to something like my 10th attack against him (including some early ones before I got down to 1 Tomb archer).

Great game, Dr.Goo!