View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:12 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: VT Tournament in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I definitely still interested in a team event, but doing a draft trumps it for me (if I can make it that is). My only concern is time. If 20+ show-up, that's a lot of time spent before any games start.
I think "drafting" refers to something like this format proposed by Dok. You and your opponent draft for each game, it's not everyone drafting an army for the day.
Yes, I was thinking about using that with very slight modifications (like instead of "You pooled in 3x 4th and I pooled in 2x, it's my pick I'll take 5x", I would make it 1 squad at a time) if we do drafting. I had no intention at all about drafting once, my original plan for drafting is to draft before each game.
I think I like this variant too, with the extra condition that when someone drafts a common card the opposing player cannot draft that unit until the first player drafts a different unit.

So, in your example, if the first player took 10th x1, then the second player could not pick the 10th until the first player has picked something other than the 10th.
I'm liking that idea aswell. And I agree with Nyys, I do think that less common units will be drafted.

As a side note, if we do drafting, I think Raelin and Q9 should be banned from the draft pools, but not rats as you can only pick 1 squad per turn.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!