View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2021, 03:12 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: SIEGE's AotP Converted Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIEGE View Post
I see three options one can take with AotP customs. One is to make totally new stats (AotV). Two is to convert the AotP stats as faithfully as possible into Heroscape mechanics while dropping all of the Magic-specific mechanics (Spells, Summoning, Mana Colors, Planeswalkers) (my project). Three is to convert the AotP stats into Heroscape in a way that is balanced while including the Magic-specific mechanics. I see room for official projects for all three on this site. I think it would be neat if my project became the official project for option two.
I completely agree. I first tried playing a mix of games using @TREX 's Heroscape/AOTP Mixed Play Rules (which he deleted) and official cards of both. But then I realized the games were not balanced properly with each other, especially Planeswalkers and spells (some powers and spells are extremely powerful against squadscape, others are useless). I think I played one game using some of @aquamaniac27 's AotP Customs and was fine. But then I saw your stuff and was much impressed, so agree it is a great starting point for balanced conversions that remove spells and summoning. Now I am excited for AotP project although we have been slow going on playtesting.