View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:43 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of the Protectors of Ullar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Acolyte View Post
Because we have a lot of neophyte 'Scapers that pass through my house, we keep a list of ready-made armies that people can just grab. One of my personal favorites is

3 x [your favorite kyrie squad, except EI]
Atlaga
Raelin (RotV)

It comes to a nice round 500 points. I have to say, though, that the Minions seem to be more evil in this build than the Protectors.

(Come to think of it, 2 x EI + Raelin + Atlaga/Kiova + Marro Warriors might not be terrible. I dunno, I'm still pretty new at this.)
Our games are played tournament style now with 500 points being my groups sweet spot and having a time limit of one hour each game (we usually play 3 games). With that in mind, usually 2x any kyrie squad is as much as anyone wants to invest. One army I am particularly fond of:
Atlaga
2x Protectors
Zelrig
Total=495 points

Sure, I am giving up 5 points but I love this army. I believe I have won around 90% of the games I have used this army. Which is probably why I haven't played it in awhile...broadening my horizons, I guess.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo