View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2021, 11:02 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OHS Season 39 - Snowed In - Round 1 Until 1/24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Sir Artorius and I starting in 5min

I've got Deadeye, he's got Cyprien
Sir H with
* Deadeye Dan, Myrddin, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Sgt. Drake Alexander [RotV], Deathreaversx3
Sir A with
* Cyprien Esenwein, Isamu, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Sonya Esenwein, Marro Stingersx3

Most of the action in this game came on the Lodin/6 hex glacier side as Lodin was a clear boon for Deadeye Dan. Sir H led with Rats, I staged Cyprien by the Hive for a future flank. Most of the game was Stingers advancing through the center, with a lone stinger on 4-height by Lodin picking off rats and slowly wearing down the rat wall Dan was behind while trying to dodge sniper shots (many of which did not go Sir H's way). When the rats were down to just a handful enclosing Dan and none in the way of my Stingers, they were able to get 3x4s on Raelin, killing her on a single OM to finish off a critical round. The next round saw the first Stinger get a 4/4 against Dan who didn't block anything. This left a full Drake [RotV], full Myrddin, and four rats against two squads Stingers, and full Raelin/Cyprien/Isamu/Sonya. Myrddin missed an exlposion on his own rat that could've taken out two Stingers, but I took out the rat and put 4 wounds on Myrddin to close the round. At this point the game ended with a W for me.

I picked the army I did because I felt like a highly mobile Cyprien could take out Dan in a turn, and that he would be a cheaper figure to lose to Deadeye than Moltenclaw or Charos. Plus, the range from Stingers would help we take out scattering rats and shoot over any barrier they made. I think that the sight blocking 4-hex glacier by Sir H's start zone helped me pick off screening rats while limiting the shots Dan could get on the Stingers. Because of rats and the potential of losing Cyprien in a one shot on a 16+ d20 roll (Dan with 2 bumps from Myrddin and Lodin), I led with Stingers and they proved very effective. 3 attack that was often 4 due to height helped clear out 4D rats and by the time they rolled up to Sir H's start zone made quick work of 3D Raelin and 2D Dan (post Raelin). I never used Drain, as I felt that time was on my side and I could punch through the rats without much resistance from them (although those ankle-biters did take out a couple). gg!